Yoshida-Barnett in March

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Yoshida-Barnett in March
Manfred
2/3/08 2:53:53AM
Link

World Victory Road has confirmed that Japanese star Hidehiko Yoshida (Pictures) will meet Josh Barnett (Pictures) in the main event of the promotion's March 5 debut card at Yoyogi National Gymnasium No. 1 in Tokyo, Japan.
gartface
2/3/08 3:32:10AM
Finally! Barnett's fighting. I can't wait.
Vietnamese_Guy
2/3/08 3:54:58AM
Yoshida is suppose to be fighting roger gracie, no?
hotrodttt
2/3/08 4:00:22AM
It's going to be great to see Josh fighting again, they gave him a great tune up match in Yoshida who can hold his own. He should take this fight by a late 1st round T(KO).
Manfred
2/3/08 4:59:08AM

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

Guess you didn't read the article. They dumped Roger as soon as they secured Barney
jomatty
2/3/08 11:20:16AM
too bad, roger is the real deal and i would have liked to see a little gracie revenge, although yoshida is no joke for a second mma fight.
jomatty
2/3/08 11:26:26AM
does this have any effect on the fight with aleks that sounded like it would happen in april? thats two tough guys in a short amount of time if he is fighting both of them...
ncordless
2/3/08 1:37:02PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

Guess you didn't read the article. They dumped Roger as soon as they secured Barney

That's not quite accurate. From what I hear they just want more time to sell the Roger/Yoshida fight. They plan on really selling the BJJ v. Judo aspect to the Japanese public. Roger will be at the Barnett/Yoshida fight and they will start promoting him there. In Japan, Roger v. Yoshida has more potential to be a moneymaker than any Barnett fight, and that includes Barnett v. Fedor. Regardless of who wins Barnett/Yoshida, expect Yoshida to fight Roger in the future.
Shawn17
2/3/08 1:59:58PM
Barnett should fight Fedor.
mrsmiley
2/3/08 7:02:01PM
This will be a good comeback fight for Barnett.At worse,it could become a major upset,but like you guys,i'm happy we got something concrete on Barnett coming back.

Now we just need to get Hunt back in the mix!
Pookie
2/3/08 8:27:52PM

Posted by mrsmiley

This will be a good comeback fight for Barnett.At worse,it could become a major upset,but like you guys,i'm happy we got something concrete on Barnett coming back.

Now we just need to get Hunt back in the mix!

MARK HUNT!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Go, Mark Hunt, go.
McBee
2/4/08 1:53:25AM
Yoshida as a main event is a joke, Barnett should be insulted. He lost to Rulon Gardner and Superpunk, JOKE!!!!!! The Japanese public must like seeing the same mediocre has beens get beat up. I am glad the UFC broke up Pride at least they have less of the best fighters to throw CANs at. Eng is the end of another fioght promotion. Al of their champions will have 5 and 6 year winning streets and be considered the best in the world because they beat Butterbean and Sumo wrestlers. Good riddance!