18 years old

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 18 years old
Boo_Radley21
9/24/08 3:02:53PM
I think this is the most over rated age ever. It's exciting leading up to it like hey I'll be 18, but then when you actually turn 18 nothing is new. I can get a tattoo (I am on saturday), I can buy lottery tickets (did that when I was 17 too), and can bet at the race track. Not really that much when you think about it. On the other hand though, I can now get criminally charged so I get more sketched out when getting stoned etc outside. So until I go drinking in Montreal 18 will continue to stay over rated in my mind.
juanez13
9/24/08 3:09:37PM
Sex....I know, I had sex long before I was 18, but it wasnt a regular thing, Girls were a bit skeptical about it and didnt let it go very often. But when they turn 18, from my experience that changes, I think mainly because they feel they are mature, so sex becomes regular, very.
Twenty20Dollars
9/24/08 3:32:08PM
its more like the beginning of the end.
jiujitsufreak74
9/24/08 3:35:20PM
well, thanks for deflating the air out of my balloon...

(i turn 18 in about 1 year and 1 month)
dannyfrank
9/24/08 3:38:22PM
you can buy cigarettes

just out of curiosity, what kinda tat are you getting?
owen1
9/24/08 3:54:49PM
Im 18 right now aswell.
Not much different but I can now buy alcohol since 18 is the legal age in Ireland but that wasn't a problem before,the laws on alcohol are lenient over here anyway.The getting criminally charged thing is a b*tch though.
Aaronno9
9/24/08 4:00:49PM
Yeh 18 kinda sucks. It meant i got to go out and get drunk, but i used to do that anyways... it was just more fun when i was 17 becouse it was more riskey.
CwB
9/24/08 5:00:07PM
Just wait until you turn 20. atleast when you turn 18 you dont have to worry about being busted for curfew and tattoos are awesome
mrsmiley
9/24/08 5:08:43PM
Just enjoy it for as long as you can.
Once 21 passes you will not want to age anymore.
sleevey
9/24/08 5:14:30PM
Thanks now that you have made me feel entirly to old (32),
I will let you in on a lil secert afetr 21 the only thing you get to look forward to is turning 40 then the days just keep running on.

Enjoy the youth and the innocence it comes with do as much crazy shit as you can and do it with no regrets you only live once.

Well at least now you can vote woopie Maybe join the servis woopie

Dude go out and live everyday like it's your last the courts go easy on you for your first offense lol

loller90278
9/24/08 6:10:17PM
18 years old is fun. its 19-20 that are HORRIBLE.

i'm turning 20 in about a month and it sucks (at least in the states)
ohiostate1016
9/24/08 7:27:48PM

Posted by juanez13

Sex....

Yeah...with 18-year-old girls. When I turned 18 last year, I had no hope until I found a girl that is 2 weeks older than me. And we, uh, have some fun.
Boo_Radley21
9/25/08 1:43:32AM

Posted by dannyfrank

you can buy cigarettes

just out of curiosity, what kinda tat are you getting?

I gotta be 19 to buy cigarettes but i don't smoke anyway so it doesnt matter. i can buy papes though. i'm getting the alkaline trio picture. its like a skull inside a heart with a little point at the bottom.
Mungooch
9/25/08 1:58:57AM
Well in Australia The age limit is 18. I'm 17 its not very strict.
Quick fact
NOBODY IN AUSTRALIA DRINKS FOSTERS!
Naturaldisaster
9/25/08 2:52:44AM
I was all excited about turning 18 to. but once it happened it seemed like just another day. it was weird though, cuz in a matter of 1 minute you go from being a kid to being an adult and your expected to be more mature and act like an adult (all in one minute, actually all in one second). but its cool being 18 cuz now i can buy dip, its kinda annoying though cuz no body believes im 18 when i got to buy it cuz i look younger so i always get carded. but im turing 19 in about a month and a half. theres really nothin to look forward to there though cuz nothin special happens at 19. cant buy alcohol for 2 more years but at least i'll still get some money from the fam so i can go spend it on mma dvds (OR a new tattoo).
being able to get tattoos once you turn 18 is the best part. I waited 5 months after turning 18 to get one cuz me and my friend made a deal to wait till he turned 18 to get tatts. after he turned 18 we got our tatts (on his b-day) and after that we were hooked, and went and got another tatt exactly 2 weeks later. I havent got since like april 1st now I need one really badly lol (but no job)
Taylor8766
9/25/08 11:10:23AM
I'm 18 as well and its not that much different from 17, except I can buy scratch tickets, but I can't wait till I'm 19 then I can legally buy booze (even though I do anyway),
fedorwins1
9/25/08 5:34:54PM
I turned 18 over the summer and it seems like your parents expect a lot more out of you once you're 18. I have to buy every single thing I need: car insurance, books, clothes, etc. There is nothing fun about being 18 IMO. I can go to strip clubs (which none of my 18< friends will do, and I ain't going by myself ) and I can go to jail! Woohooo!
We_Todd_Did
9/25/08 7:25:08PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I know it sounds terrible, but mark my words:

Bang as many young chicks as you can, while you can, before it can land you in prison. Once it's over, it's O V E R...

....unless you want to "Have a seat over there".
KYGUY07
9/25/08 8:36:12PM
theres nothing special about turning 18. I couldnt wait to turn 18 but when i did all that came with it was more responsibility. The only good thing about it was that I was able to get tattoos without having to have my mom there, i have 2 tats now and should have my 3rd in about a month. but its really just overrated turning 18.
fedorwins1
9/25/08 10:03:48PM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I know it sounds terrible, but mark my words:

Bang as many young chicks as you can, while you can, before it can land you in prison. Once it's over, it's O V E R...

....unless you want to "Have a seat over there".

For real listen to him. All of the girls in my grade (12th) are 17 and it sucks, it's only a year difference or less, but they're all off limits. I need to find me a MILF.
XxChuteBoxexX
9/26/08 2:32:39PM
this is the most pointless thread ever did u guys forget this is a mma website not a "growing up site" :<()
Ben_Hutch
9/26/08 2:43:33PM

Posted by XxChuteBoxexX

this is the most pointless thread ever did u guys forget this is a mma website not a "growing up site" :<()

7 posts?

Keep it that way.

EDIT: That was a little harsh, the reason I said it is because this is the Locker Room for non-MMA discussion, I think it's only fair that he gets to talk about turning 18.
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 2:44:48PM

Posted by XxChuteBoxexX

it's called the locker room, please don't
We_Todd_Did
9/26/08 5:01:47PM

Posted by XxChuteBoxexX

Hi, this is the Locker Room.

The Locker Room= OFF TOPIC (non-MMA) discussion.

We love MMA, but can't talk about it 24-7 without feeling like total nerds.

BTW, this is NOT the most useless thread ever.In fact, much useful wisdom has come from these pages.

The most useless (edit:I meant POINTLESS) thread ever is most likely to be found on Sherdog.

Thank you, that is all.
Pitbull09
9/26/08 11:40:40PM

Posted by juanez13

Sex....I know, I had sex long before I was 18, but it wasnt a regular thing, Girls were a bit skeptical about it and didnt let it go very often. But when they turn 18, from my experience that changes, I think mainly because they feel they are mature, so sex becomes regular, very.

I think its a bigger deal for girls in general. 18 isnt a big deal at all but some girls want to always try to feel like they are mature now and need to cling to something to prove that. Guys dont tend to cling to something to feel mature. I think it is less of a worry or need for guys to feel mature either.
MMAcca
9/28/08 12:50:56AM

Posted by Mungooch

NOBODY IN AUSTRALIA DRINKS FOSTERS!

Really?