More than 16 Years Later, Belfort is Still Relevant and Dangerous

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » More than 16 Years Later, Belfort is Still Relevant and Dangerous
Rabi
1/9/13 7:36:43PM
It’s February 7, 1997, a little over three years since the first UFC. It’s before the current regulations, and competitors are still permitted to fight more than once a night.

Link
tcunningham
1/10/13 12:31:45AM
i say give him a HOF spot when he retires. i think he's earned it already and like the story says, he's still relevant.

on a different note, this story reminded me of the awesomeness of Kazushi Sakuraba. that guy beat people he never should have. if there was a MMA hall of fame that covers all the organizations, Kazushi Sakuraba would have a comfortable spot.
sparky
1/10/13 7:10:22AM

Posted by tcunningham

i say give him a HOF spot when he retires. i think he's earned it already and like the story says, he's still relevant.

on a different note, this story reminded me of the awesomeness of Kazushi Sakuraba. that guy beat people he never should have. if there was a MMA hall of fame that covers all the organizations, Kazushi Sakuraba would have a comfortable spot.

I agree 100% I have started a list that I call the MMA HOF and Sakuraba is the first guy I inducted to it and once Belfort retires I'll be adding him to it as well
Chael_Sonnen
1/10/13 11:21:04AM
Relevant? Vitor? As relevant as scratched eye sockets and punches to the back of the head.....that kind of relevance? In that case - hells yeah!