70 year old US Army reservist answers call, laces up boots

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 70 year old US Army reservist answers call, laces up boots
AchillesHeel
7/3/09 6:33:44PM
On the eve of the United States' Independence Day, I thought the story of Dr. Hector Henry was one worth sharing. The 70-year-old surgeon from Concord, NC was asked to return for four months of active duty with the U.S. Army Reserves Medical Command, and accepted. Col. Henry departed Fort Benning, GA ("Home of the Infantry") for somewhere in Iraq earlier today.
bojangalz
7/3/09 7:37:35PM
That's an awesome story. to Dr. Henry.
Thefridge1337
7/3/09 11:00:37PM
if hes in combat that is outrageous but if hes just going to be in a field hospital then yes props to him
AchillesHeel
7/4/09 10:19:59AM

Posted by Thefridge1337

if hes in combat that is outrageous but if hes just going to be in a field hospital then yes props to him

I'm guessing the chances of him seeing combat are basically nil. As a surgeon and a colonel, he's probably being put in a command/management position at a hospital, to assist with the rearrangement of forces. I wouldn't be surprised if his deployment to Iraq is designed to free up a regular-Army or Navy medical unit for front-line work in Afghanistan.