The year 2025: Oil, dollar out; Russia, Islam in

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The year 2025: Oil, dollar out; Russia, Islam in
The_Metal_Maniac
11/21/08 1:31:08PM
WASHINGTON – Global warming could be a boon to Russia, a European country could be overrun by organized crime and the U.S. and its dollar could further decline in importance during the next two decades, says a U.S. intelligence report with predictions for the world in 2025.

The report, Global Trends 2025, is published every four years by the National Intelligence Council to give U.S. leaders insight into looming problems and opportunities.

The report says the warming earth will extend Russia and Canada's growing season and ease their access to northern oil fields, strengthening their economies. But Russia's potential emergence as a world power may be clouded by lagging investment in its energy sector, persistent crime and government corruption, the report says.

Analysts also warn that the same kind of organized crime plaguing Russia could eventually take over the government of an Eastern or Central European country. The report is silent on which one.

It also says countries in Africa and South Asia may find themselves unstable and ungoverned, as state regimes collapse or wither away under security problems and water and food shortages brought about by climate change and a population increase of 1.4 billion.

The potential for conflict will be greater in 2025 than it is now, as the world's population competes for declining and shifting food, water and energy resources.

Despite a more precarious world situation, the report also says al-Qaida's terrorist franchise could decay "sooner than people think." It cites its growing unpopularity in the Muslim world, where it kills most of its victims.

"The prospect that al-Qaida will be among the small number of groups able to transcend the generational timeline is not high, given its harsh ideology, unachievable strategic objectives and inability to become a mass movement," the report states.

The report forecasts a geopolitical rise in non-Arab Muslim states outside of the Middle East, including Turkey and Indonesia, and says Iran could also be a central player in a new world order if it sheds its theocracy.

The report, a year in the making, also suggests the world may complete its move away from its dependence on oil, and that the U.S. dollar, while remaining important, will decline to "first among equals" among other national currencies.

U.S. global power also will likely decline, as Americans' concerns about putting resources into solving domestic problems may cause the United States to pull resources from foreign and global problems.

Article
MMAcca
11/21/08 2:07:33PM
dannyfrank
11/21/08 4:12:37PM
well, it seems that im not the only one who thinks we should be prepared for a post-apocalyptic future. im gonna build a gun cellar under my house. just in case
jocksmall
11/21/08 5:21:03PM
i have this conspiracy thoery looney believing brother-n-law who buys into this new world order bullshit. hes spending all his money and unhappy and paranoid the gov is gonna take his assets..lol live free , be happy and worry about things u can control.
roadking95th
11/22/08 6:27:48PM

The article is already wrong. Two words into it and it is complete hogwash. There is no global warming. Even NASA nows admits they fudged the numbers and messed up. The Earth has been cooling for a couple of years now. Of course it's not like they couldn't have told you 50 years ago that the Earth would be warming up in the 80's and 90's and then start cooling again.
The_Metal_Maniac
11/22/08 7:13:57PM

Posted by roadking95th

The article is already wrong. Two words into it and it is complete hogwash. There is no global warming. Even NASA nows admits they fudged the numbers and messed up. The Earth has been cooling for a couple of years now. Of course it's not like they couldn't have told you 50 years ago that the Earth would be warming up in the 80's and 90's and then start cooling again.

Could you please find and post the article in which NASA states that global warming doesn't exist. I'm just curious to read it.
warglory
11/22/08 7:17:45PM

Posted by roadking95th

Does NASA say global warming doesn't exist? No. Most of the world's science community supports a climate crisis. It's not hogwash when most of the science community believes it. It's like saying evolution is hogwash while Intelligent Design rules the day. Come up with a superior alternative that is credible to the science community, and maybe the world's outlook will change.
hippysmacker
11/23/08 6:14:14AM

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by roadking95th

Could you please find and post the article in which NASA states that global warming doesn't exist. I'm just curious to read it.

heres what he is talking about. Gore's chief scientific mouthpiece who has wildly exaggerated other environmental issues before, even admits it. Now he doesn't say the actual words " global warming is wrong" , but he does inadvertently admit that temperatures are lowering . I am not saying that we haven't screwed up the planet some, and I consider myself a environmentalist, but I am saying that the environmentalist movement is generally run by extremists IMO. Extremist , who will say or do just about anything to get their way, becuase they think they are right. I don't subscribe to the theory of lying to get my way, and I no longer belong to the sierra club. It's been my experience that most organizations that enter the political arena end up being run by the more extreme wing of their constituencies, and use these - and other- unethical methods. It's a shame , but it seems to happen in most issues, even ones I feel we all should support in some way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/11/16/do1610.xml
mrsmiley
11/23/08 6:50:10AM
Global warming is a crock of bull to a great extent.
Basicly for the simple fact they want to soley blaim it on man made causes. which is ridiculous.
It seems to me it's pretty much people are pushing scare tactics to make a profit.
haggiswashere
11/23/08 6:57:31AM
That is if we make it past 2012....and dannyfrank im with you im buildin a panic room with guns stashed everywhere. We should get the same car as mad max!
Rush
11/23/08 8:10:16AM
There is evidence for and against global warming. It's not as black and white as people believe. the scientific community does not fully understand what is happening, which is why it is a controversial topic. I think it is incorrect to say "there is" or "there isn't global warmning"

The concept of "global warming" and increased livable and workable land in Northern Canada and Russia is nothing new. I heard about this a long time ago. It's just a "brighter side" scenario that some people use. Instead of arguing whether there is or isn't global warming, they say "well, if there is, then it would give use these advantages to counteract the disadvantages"

Posted by mrsmiley

It seems to me it's pretty much people are pushing scare tactics to make a profit.

The opposite is also true. People are sure there is no global warming (based on ambiguous scientific evidence) and try to convince others in order to turn a profit.
mrsmiley
11/23/08 10:08:24AM

Posted by Rush

There is evidence for and against global warming. It's not as black and white as people believe. the scientific community does not fully understand what is happening, which is why it is a controversial topic. I think it is incorrect to say "there is" or "there isn't global warmning"

The concept of "global warming" and increased livable and workable land in Northern Canada and Russia is nothing new. I heard about this a long time ago. It's just a "brighter side" scenario that some people use. Instead of arguing whether there is or isn't global warming, they say "well, if there is, then it would give use these advantages to counteract the disadvantages"

Posted by mrsmiley

The opposite is also true. People are sure there is no global warming (based on ambiguous scientific evidence) and try to convince others in order to turn a profit.

Yeah.Their called "Republicans".

(I couldn't resist)
roadking95th
11/24/08 1:03:32AM
I didn't mean to imply that NASA denounces global warming, but merely that they have had errors in their own calculations that support it. Also, when I say global warming isn't happening, I guess I should be more accurate and say "man-made" global warming isn't happening.

As far as sources, I couldn't begin to go back and find them, however I did find this little gem today.

The UK Telegraph reports, "A surreal scientific blunder last week raised a huge question mark about the temperature records that underpin the worldwide alarm over global warming." NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) recently announced that October was the warmest on record, despite colder temperatures and unusual snowstorms around the world. It turns out that GISS, headed by global warming alarmist James Hansen, used September's numbers to declare that October was warm. This would be funny were it not so sad. A spokesman tried to claim that the figures were obtained from another body and that GISS doesn't have the resources for quality control over supplied data. The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) relies on data from GISS to promote the case for global warming. It's just one more straw on the camel's back.

Anyone wanna bet 2009 is cooler than 2008?
mentalcase
11/24/08 1:57:22AM
this is for all the "save the planet" -environmentalists or anyone along those lines

stick this in your pipe and smoke it LINK