Yamamoto Talks Faber and Love

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Yamamoto Talks Faber and Love
MMAcca
7/1/08 3:38:01PM
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto was the star attraction at the "Asakasa Fight Festival" Monday at TBS headquarters in Asakasa, Tokyo. The Japanese wrestler's appearance kicked off a promotional week leading into Fighting & Entertainment Group's K-1 World MAX tournament on July 7 and July 21's Dream 5 lightweight grand prix final.

After introducing his training partners and coaches, Kid jumped off the sidelines and put on a wrestling demonstration with his son after a sparring session with Kotetsu Boku

LINK
imanidiot777
7/1/08 3:51:42PM
Faber would win.
juanez13
7/1/08 4:07:43PM
Kid would destroy Faber, Faber is good, but he wouldnt last with Kid.
Shawn17
7/1/08 4:09:13PM
Based on what? He went to a decision with an overhyped/over the hill Jens Pulver. Kid would expose him like tyson griffin did, but everyone forgets about that.
cmill21
7/1/08 4:11:21PM
Kid is a great wrestler and he did surprisingly well in his k-1 foray. I think he is an amazing fighter.
coldchillin
7/1/08 5:02:38PM
I think Kid and Miguel Torres @ 135 is the real fight to make. Kid has amazing wrestling but Torres has amazing jiu-jitsu. I think it would be an instant classic.
RMFG_187
7/1/08 5:06:41PM

Posted by Shawn17

Based on what? He went to a decision with an overhyped/over the hill Jens Pulver. Kid would expose him like tyson griffin did, but everyone forgets about that.

did u even see the Tyson fight?
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 5:10:27PM

Posted by juanez13

it is funny how many people are unaware of Kid's talent. there is no chance in hell Faber would win. Kid is a better wrestler and has shown to have K-1 level stand up as showcased in his match with Masato in which he was able to go to a decision. He won 3 Arizona state championships in high school and wrestles at an Olympic level. Faber would get obliterated on the feet and his wrestling wouldn't be able to match Kid's.
Aether
7/1/08 5:30:02PM
I doubt that Torres would put up a better fight than Faber. I don't think he's physically strong enough to last long with kid, even if he's a more well rounded fighter than Faber. Either fight I think Kid wins relatively easily. I preferred seeing him fight at lightweight because there doesn't seem to be many legitimate challenges for him at 135/145.
rabbit915
7/1/08 5:58:23PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by juanez13

it is funny how many people are unaware of Kid's talent. there is no chance in hell Faber would win. Kid is a better wrestler and has shown to have K-1 level stand up as showcased in his match with Masato in which he was able to go to a decision. He won 3 Arizona state championships in high school and wrestles at an Olympic level. Faber would get obliterated on the feet and his wrestling wouldn't be able to match Kid's.

I think its funny how so many people are unaware of Faber's talent. Why does he always get passed off as just that guy in the WEC? People were saying he didnt have the talent to beat Pulver and then he destroyed him standing up where Pulver was suppossed to be the expert.

Kid has this reputation as unbeatable and there is absolutely no one that Faber could beat at 145 that would prove any different to a lot of blind Yamamoto backers.

I never thought i would say this because i never thought that Kid would ever get enough respect but i think he has become overrated.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 6:14:34PM

Posted by rabbit915

Posted by juanez13

I think its funny how so many people are unaware of Faber's talent. Why does he always get passed off as just that guy in the WEC? People were saying he didnt have the talent to beat Pulver and then he destroyed him standing up where Pulver was suppossed to be the expert.

Kid has this reputation as unbeatable and there is absolutely no one that Faber could beat at 145 that would prove any different to a lot of blind Yamamoto backers.

I never thought i would say this because i never thought that Kid would ever get enough respect but i think he has become overrated.

well i agree that Faber WAS underrated, but after he beat Jens Pulver everyone now is proclaiming him to be the best without even considering Kid. Kid took off from MMA to focus on the Olympics but he suffered from an injury that prevented him from competing at the quarterfinals of the qualifiers and thus he is now refocused on MMA. i am not a blind Kid supporter but i just feel Faber does not have the raw ability nor the style match up to beat Kid. i mean the man walks around at 143, yet he has fought and beaten some of the best at 155. and to go to a decision with Masato is really saying something about his striking, i just don't think Faber could do it. he has a disadvantage on the feet and his wrestling isn't better than Kid's either.
StriderXero
7/1/08 10:45:21PM

Posted by rabbit915

Posted by juanez13

well i agree that Faber WAS underrated, but after he beat Jens Pulver everyone now is proclaiming him to be the best without even considering Kid. Kid took off from MMA to focus on the Olympics but he suffered from an injury that prevented him from competing at the quarterfinals of the qualifiers and thus he is now refocused on MMA. i am not a blind Kid supporter but i just feel Faber does not have the raw ability nor the style match up to beat Kid. i mean the man walks around at 143, yet he has fought and beaten some of the best at 155. and to go to a decision with Masato is really saying something about his striking, i just don't think Faber could do it. he has a disadvantage on the feet and his wrestling isn't better than Kid's either.

I cant put it any better
coldchillin
7/1/08 11:02:51PM

Posted by Aether

I doubt that Torres would put up a better fight than Faber. I don't think he's physically strong enough to last long with kid, even if he's a more well rounded fighter than Faber. Either fight I think Kid wins relatively easily. I preferred seeing him fight at lightweight because there doesn't seem to be many legitimate challenges for him at 135/145.

I think a fight with Torres at 135 is tougher match for Kid than Faber is at 145 stylistically. Kid has better wrestling and striking ability than Faber, both Faber's strong suits. At 135, Kid has both of those advantages against Torres but I think Torres' ground game is top-notch. I see it being a back and forth war but Kid couldn't rely on his wrestling as much because the moment the fight hits the ground, Torres immediately has the advantage. I think Torres could beat him in a five-rounder as long as he sustained some punishment to get the submission ala Minotauro-style.
EON
7/1/08 11:08:35PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Shawn17

did u even see the Tyson fight?

I did, twas a good fight while it lasted, and then 5 seconds into round 3 Faber gets dropped.

Kid by 2nd Round KO
lance70301
7/2/08 12:29:51PM
[did u even see the Tyson fight?

I did, twas a good fight while it lasted, and then 5 seconds into round 3 Faber gets dropped.

Kid by 2nd Round KO [/QUOTE
So what was it a 2nd or 3rd ko?
Figsak
7/2/08 4:46:44PM
To say Faber couldn't match Yamamoto's raw natural abilty is humbug. Ya, I said it, humbug.

I've never seen a person with such raw ability as Faber. He pulls off weird moves, from weird positions that drop my mouth open. He's Quick, strong, and innovative.

I think in a fight between him and Yamamoto, the Yamamoto fans who shrug off faber as a lesser fighter would be shocked to learn Faber would bring it to Yamamoto in a way no fighter ever has before.

I wont predict the outcome, but I will say it'd be the biggest FW fight in the history of the world.