Yahoo! MMAplayground Fantasy Football league '09

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Yahoo! MMAplayground Fantasy Football league '09
« Previous Page
emfleek
8/25/09 9:23:51AM
Well, ****...he's sitting in a better position than I am right now.

Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration but still...our teams may compete for the Toilet Bowl.
mkiv9secsupra
8/26/09 2:58:47PM
Who is Moose Knuckle in this league?
emfleek
8/26/09 3:01:12PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

That would be me.

AKA "The League Stepping Stone"
mkiv9secsupra
8/26/09 3:04:05PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

That would be me.

AKA "The League Stepping Stone"

alright, i guess you are going to be my first victim.

I missed the draft due to a 13 hour work day but im happy with my team for the most part.... anyone wanna trade for a QB? mine seem to be fantasy QB jokes
Kpro
8/26/09 3:26:16PM
My pre-ranked picks.
1. (6) Drew Brees QB
2. (19) Calvin Johnson WR
3. (30) Ronnie Brown RB
4. (43) Kevin Smith RB
5. (54) Marshawn Lynch RB

My autopicks.
6. (67) Hines Ward WR
7. (78) Kellen Winslow TE
8. (91) Pittsburgh DEF
9. (102) David Akers K
10. (115) Darren Sproles RB
11. (126) Steve Breaston WR
12. (139) Kyle Orton QB
13. (150) Earnest Graham RB
14. (163) Vernon Davis TE
15. (174) Nick Folk K
16. (187) Cleveland DEF

David Akers was autopicked for me in Round 9.

So being a 9th round talent Kicker, I would like to see if anyone would like to trade him straight across for a middle round OP.

Obviously it is a good deal because David Akers is 9th round talent!

If you don't feel that is true, just check the draft recap!
mkiv9secsupra
8/26/09 3:56:39PM
i cant EVER supprt drafting a QB #1. You can find a 25TD qb for 6 rounds of the draft. You cant find a 10td wr/rb after round 3, so picking a qb so early seems to be a waste of roster to me. Brees and Brady are good but dont deserve to be picked ahead of turner, peterson, MJD, forte etc UNLESS youare playing on a rookie or sleeper pick

higdon10
8/27/09 12:39:30AM
I like my team for the most part. I would like to get a WR if anyone is interested in moving one.
Ordep
8/27/09 1:37:33AM
Now that Sanchez was named the starter Jets QB I'm not that worried about Jones being my main RB.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good RB and I'll be willing to deal Moss and Clark on a fair trade. Make offers if interested.

Also, if you are one of those that have a Favre man crush, I can include him too
Kpro
8/27/09 4:40:38AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i cant EVER supprt drafting a QB #1. You can find a 25TD qb for 6 rounds of the draft. You cant find a 10td wr/rb after round 3, so picking a qb so early seems to be a waste of roster to me. Brees and Brady are good but dont deserve to be picked ahead of turner, peterson, MJD, forte etc UNLESS youare playing on a rookie or sleeper pick

To each their own.

I took Brees over Manning last year at pick 12 in my $100 buy-in league, and took all the flak in the world for it, and ran away with the $1200.

And Turner, Peterson, MJD, and Forte WERE picked ahead of Brees in our draft that this thread is about.

And for the record Calvin Johnson was my #7 pre-rank (1 behind Brees) and #1 WR on my board and I got him at 19. Let's hear how that's not good to have him ranked the #1 WR just because the "experts" say it's Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson.

I draft on instinct, not what I read.

Take a seat and we'll see how the strategies play out.

Also without digging too much into the fallacies of your analogy of not being able to find a 10td rb/wr after round 3, what do you think DeAngelo (91 ADP), Forte (59 ADP), Chris Johnson (101 ADP), Slaton (142 ADP) among others, were last year ?
emfleek
8/27/09 8:28:25AM

Posted by Kpro

Ditto.
mkiv9secsupra
8/27/09 8:12:29PM

Posted by Kpro

To each their own.

I took Brees over Manning last year at pick 12 in my $100 buy-in league, and took all the flak in the world for it, and ran away with the $1200.

And Turner, Peterson, MJD, and Forte WERE picked ahead of Brees in our draft that this thread is about.

And for the record Calvin Johnson was my #7 pre-rank (1 behind Brees) and #1 WR on my board and I got him at 19. Let's hear how that's not good to have him ranked the #1 WR just because the "experts" say it's Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson.

Also without digging too much into the fallacies of your analogy of not being able to find a 10td rb/wr after round 3, what do you think DeAngelo (91 ADP), Forte (59 ADP), Chris Johnson (101 ADP), Slaton (142 ADP) among others, were last year ?

My point is in an average league no one in hell is going to let Calvin Johnson slip so late. Picking Manning as a #1 is ok so long as you are confident in another pick. Normally you only have one chance at an annual RELIABLE rb/wr. If You picked D Williams, C Johnson or Slaton last year, you did so with luck and not predictability. You can always find a diamond in the rough in drafts, but to rely on that tactic(which you have to with a QB pick in round 1) is very risky and often doesnt pan out.

By the way im with you on brees last year. i had him in about 15 leagues last year and always caught flack for it. Again im not bashing the QB pick as a #1 but unless you are supremely confident in a sleeper pick then it is a waste imo
emfleek
12/28/09 11:14:13AM
Violentcuv
12/28/09 3:11:33PM
2 years in a row Fleek???

Your the man!!!!

I had a bad year in Fantasy Football this year.. probably worst I have ever did, at least in the last 4 or 5 years....
emfleek
12/28/09 3:41:03PM

Posted by Violentcuv

2 years in a row Fleek???

Your the man!!!!

I had a bad year in Fantasy Football this year.. probably worst I have ever did, at least in the last 4 or 5 years....

I'm pretty sure Kpro won it last year. Are you sure you and I didn't play for 4th place?
Violentcuv
12/28/09 3:58:58PM
No you won both years in that league.. I think there must have been 2 league or something last year.. You were El Pendejos and u beat me out in the finals last year.. On the leagues main page at the top it says 2009 in a drop down box and if you pull it down and select 2008 it has last years results there...
emfleek
12/28/09 4:06:25PM

Posted by Violentcuv

No you won both years in that league.. I think there must have been 2 league or something last year.. You were El Pendejos and u beat me out in the finals last year.. On the leagues main page at the top it says 2009 in a drop down box and if you pull it down and select 2008 it has last years results there...

Awesome.

Back-to-back, b*tches!!!

higdon10
12/30/09 1:10:15AM
My team was on top all season long, just to get bounced in the semis
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/30/09 11:07:42AM
I just cant ever seem to win the leagues i create
Pages: 1 2 [3]