Yahoo! MMA Top 10 Rankings

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Yahoo! MMA Top 10 Rankings
Kpro
2/8/08 10:53:46AM
Very surprising that a Jan 21st article on Brock Lesnar had more clicks on Yahoo! Sports that week than any other sports article, including Super Bowl articles.

Link also includes Yahoo! MMA Top 10 Rankings.

LINK
rabbit915
2/8/08 11:00:59AM
Its a pretty standard list but if you read the little blurb on Urijah Faber it says that the next WEC event may be on PPV.

No WEC! Dont do it. I want my free shows.
atlas777
2/8/08 11:04:20AM
I hope WEC stays on free tv if it goes to PPV i wont be able to afford it and the UFC plus im not sure how many other people would buy it over the UFC
tuvok500
2/8/08 11:05:06AM
Well, their ranking is a voting ranking, so basically who you love the most ranking.

But their ranking make more sence than any ranking who still have Fedor # 1 P4P.

Kpro
2/8/08 11:12:53AM

Posted by rabbit915

Its a pretty standard list but if you read the little blurb on Urijah Faber it says that the next WEC event may be on PPV.

No WEC! Dont do it. I want my free shows.

After the Faber/Curran fight, I remember the announcer saying something to the effect of "That's a fight that any MMA fan will want to order" in regards to Faber/Pulver.
RMFG_187
2/8/08 11:15:49AM
i agree, fedor is not the P4P, but how is quinton ahead of him? i understand GSP and Spider, but not Rampage.
MMAnomale
2/8/08 1:36:38PM

There's no way Rampage should be ahead of Fedor. Otherwise, it's a pretty standard pound-for-pound top-ten list.
Please, WEC, stay on the Versus Network, I've spent so much money paying for MMA PPV's over the years. I'm going broke!!
Also, this last UFC was 44.95 instead of the 39.95. Is this supposed to be the new price from now on or was it just because of Lesnar? Mark my works: Within a year and a half, the PPV's will be $50.00 per show. And damnit, whether I'm paying $40, $45, or $50, I want to see ALL the fights. Sometimes, the undercard fights are some of the best. I know they buy an allotted amount of time and then show the main fights, and with whatever time is left over, they try to fill it with one or two fights from earlier in the evening. Zuffa and the UFC is making a fortune. They raking the cash in. They need to pay the fighters a little better (or they'll eventually start going to other org's and if another org gets a lot of UFC's fighters, they'll be the biggest MMA promotion) and they also should buy more time for the PPV cards and show ALL the fights. I can't watch them on my computer at home because I don't have a fast enough connection. I usually end up buying the DVD so I can watch the fights that I didn't get to see.
Anyways, does anyone know if $45 is the new price?
wolfman
2/8/08 2:30:55PM

Posted by MMAnomale

There's no way Rampage should be ahead of Fedor. Otherwise, it's a pretty standard pound-for-pound top-ten list.
Please, WEC, stay on the Versus Network, I've spent so much money paying for MMA PPV's over the years. I'm going broke!!
Also, this last UFC was 44.95 instead of the 39.95. Is this supposed to be the new price from now on or was it just because of Lesnar? Mark my works: Within a year and a half, the PPV's will be $50.00 per show. And damnit, whether I'm paying $40, $45, or $50, I want to see ALL the fights. Sometimes, the undercard fights are some of the best. I know they buy an allotted amount of time and then show the main fights, and with whatever time is left over, they try to fill it with one or two fights from earlier in the evening. Zuffa and the UFC is making a fortune. They raking the cash in. They need to pay the fighters a little better (or they'll eventually start going to other org's and if another org gets a lot of UFC's fighters, they'll be the biggest MMA promotion) and they also should buy more time for the PPV cards and show ALL the fights. I can't watch them on my computer at home because I don't have a fast enough connection. I usually end up buying the DVD so I can watch the fights that I didn't get to see.

I'm almost positive the new PPV price will be 44.95 from now on.
FantasyFighter
2/8/08 3:03:29PM

Posted by MMAnomale

Well, I feel like the last UFC was one of the best ever because we got to see 8 fights. That was great. Congrats to the UFC!!! Talk about more bang for your buck!