Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 2008-MMA Playground League

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 2008-MMA Playground League
Next Page »
DCRage
7/19/08 10:38:17AM

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/mmaplaygroundhockey (bookmark it for easy league access)
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Sep 20 7:00pm EDT (flexible; Season starts September 29)
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Trade End Date: March 5, 2009
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: None (I hate the Can't Cut List)
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 82
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Sep 29
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

If the league is full and you still want to play, we'll make a "wait list" and if there's enough interest we can make another league.

9/20 Update: Draft completed, registration now CLOSED.
babalu2720
7/19/08 10:53:34AM
I guess I would
iwannabesedated
7/19/08 11:32:24AM
I'd be In...I probably couldnt make a live draft but i'd rank my players before hand...So Im in i guess.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/19/08 11:59:23AM
I'm a H2H man myself, but Roto sounds good to me. count me in, for the live draft also.
Rush
7/19/08 12:05:02PM
I can't

I've been asked before. I just don't have the time to keep up with it each night.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/19/08 12:09:46PM

Posted by Rush

I can't

I've been asked before. I just don't have the time to keep up with it each night.

10-15 mins before leaving for work in the morning? works for me
Rush
7/19/08 12:11:42PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

10-15 mins before leaving for work in the morning? works for me

That time is reserved for checking my PMs to make sure trolls havn't been taking over the forum.
murphy_16
7/19/08 12:16:08PM
i guess maybe ill do it i dont really like hockey tho someone should do a soccer one

SOCCERSOCCER
Aaronno9
7/19/08 12:42:54PM
Id play, but ive never played a yahoo fantasy game before so i might just get on everybodies nerves being a noob.

The fantasy soccer game i play you just get 100 mil and pick a team at the start of the season using any EPL players and you can just keep that team for the entire season, transfers are just optional.
murphy_16
7/19/08 1:26:40PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Id play, but ive never played a yahoo fantasy game before so i might just get on everybodies nerves being a noob.

The fantasy soccer game i play you just get 100 mil and pick a team at the start of the season using any EPL players and you can just keep that team for the entire season, transfers are just optional.

yeh i play that to at the epl website
DJDark41
7/19/08 3:36:45PM
If you need another guy, I'll play. My last fantasy hockey league I got screwed. I tied with the league commisioner and lost in the 2nd round because he got the lucky tie breaker, which was some random stupid category like shots on goal or whatever...
Boo_Radley21
7/20/08 12:29:05PM
Is there room for one more? If so I'll play.
DCRage
7/20/08 5:02:23PM
There should be room, default league size is 12. If more than 16-18 want to play, we just make 2 separate leagues.
zephead
7/20/08 6:13:28PM
Put me down
DCRage
7/21/08 10:32:14AM
I've put an "interest list" into the first post, so far we've got 8 people interested which to me is enough to get a league going once registration opens, with room for 4 more people in one league. If we have 13-15 I'll probably do a 12-person league and have those extra people on a wait list if someone drops out, if we get to 16-24 I'll probably go ahead and make 2 leagues. If we do that I'd like to keep the sizes of both leagues about equal, that'll probably be more fair.

Also, depending on what the default Yahoo scoring is I'll be open to changing a couple of the scoring categories-2 initial ideas I have are drop +/- in favor of Short Handed Points and drop Shutouts in favor of Saves.
babalu2720
7/21/08 11:15:04PM

Posted by DCRage

I've put an "interest list" into the first post, so far we've got 8 people interested which to me is enough to get a league going once registration opens, with room for 4 more people in one league. If we have 13-15 I'll probably do a 12-person league and have those extra people on a wait list if someone drops out, if we get to 16-24 I'll probably go ahead and make 2 leagues. If we do that I'd like to keep the sizes of both leagues about equal, that'll probably be more fair.

Also, depending on what the default Yahoo scoring is I'll be open to changing a couple of the scoring categories-2 initial ideas I have are drop +/- in favor of Short Handed Points and drop Shutouts in favor of Saves.

I agree with drop shutouts in favor of saves, but i'd keep plus-minus over short handed points, and i'm sure we will substitute other catagories once we are ready for league registration.
chrismithers
7/22/08 12:03:47AM
im definatley in
DCRage
8/26/08 6:29:59AM
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! I will create a league and post details sometime this morning.

Edit: OK, here's the registration info, this will also be posted in the first post...
League ID#: 334 (use this when registering)
League Name: MMA Playground Fantasy League
Password: ovechlish
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/mmaplaygroundhockey (bookmark it for easy league access)
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Sep 20 7:00pm EDT (flexible; Season starts September 29)
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Trade End Date: March 5, 2009
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: None (I hate the Can't Cut List)
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 82
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Sep 29
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

As noted before I'm open to some changes and in a few days will make a couple proposals on changing scoring categories for the league to vote on. I'm also flexible on draft time, I just wanted to quickly grab a good weekend time so we can be drafted and take care of waivers in time for the season.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/26/08 7:37:27AM
you know it
DCRage
8/26/08 10:05:41AM
Update: The game is now temporarily unaccessible. They've reverted to the "Registration begins soon" screen and I can't access any of my teams & leagues. I'll keep everyone posted, but as of this post you can't register. Apologies for the inconvenience, this is something out of my control.
iwannabesedated
8/26/08 2:24:27PM

Posted by DCRage

Update: The game is now temporarily unaccessible. They've reverted to the "Registration begins soon" screen and I can't access any of my teams & leagues. I'll keep everyone posted, but as of this post you can't register. Apologies for the inconvenience, this is something out of my control.

Yeah i was wondering what was going on.Just bump this or send me a PM when its setup..You should use espn it has all the live updates and scoring for free instead of having to pay the $11 bucks for the stattracker.if your live drafting i can do it on a saturday but id rather do it sometime in the afternoon between 2-4PM..if not its cool i'll rank my players..Hockey its a littler bit deeper on the waivers than a football league anyways.Andi prefer H2H but its cool either way i dont mind..im just ready for some hockey.
zephead
8/26/08 2:25:52PM
Me and the misses will join if there is room
DCRage
8/26/08 6:08:28PM
There should be.
Latest word is registration now will open in early September. When it does we'll try again! Hopefully that'll be next week.
DCRage
9/4/08 6:26:55AM
OK, let's try this again...registration is now OPEN. Take 2. To the 2 other people who apparently were able to register the first time, please double-check to see if you're still in the league as apparently everything is still there and you shouldn't need to re-register.
Boo_Radley21
9/5/08 1:59:51PM
Is this on NHL.com? it doesn't give me an option to register.

EDIT: nevermind, my bad i figured it out.
Boo_Radley21
9/5/08 2:09:37PM
I still can't find the league, I'm registered but the league isnt there.
Boo_Radley21
9/5/08 2:16:53PM
Haha alright im finally in.
iwannabesedated
9/5/08 2:50:52PM
I'm in..i wont be able to live draft..but im good..
DJDark41
9/5/08 2:58:29PM
Is it too late for me to sign up? PM me all the info if there is room.
nastshabast
9/5/08 3:07:26PM
I'm not in this, I'm in a ESPN keeper league this year but i've done the yahoo one for like 6 years and i think the best stats are

G A Plus/minus Pims PPP PPG PPA GWG

GAA W SO SAVE %

We added PPA to take some of the sting off of having 2 great goalies.

Fun no matter how you do it.

Some recomendations sleepers for points and pims

Milan Lucic
David Clarkson
Daniel Carcillo
Pages: [1] 2