Yahoo Bashes Elite XC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Yahoo Bashes Elite XC
Copenhagen
6/1/08 4:46:44PM
Link

It sounded like such a good idea when the news broke a few months ago that CBS would broadcast a series of mixed martial arts cards in prime time.

But after watching its effort on Saturday’s Elite XC show from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the good news might be if CBS opts not to do another show.

These were supposed to be the professionals who would show the amateurs at the Ultimate Fighting Championship, who do their own production, how it’s supposed to be done.
holt8081
6/1/08 4:50:09PM
yes I really think that event set them back, It was the wwe type entrances it looked like a joke, Its no wonder Dana dident sighn the deal, CBS turned it into a circus
Ben_Hutch
6/1/08 5:07:34PM
Don't Yahoo have a deal with the UFC?

If so then it's no surprise that they're bashing rival companies.
prozacnation1978
6/1/08 6:38:58PM
too many early stoppages, they were trying to protect their investment in kimbo, i think the fights are rigged
breakdown5
6/1/08 8:03:37PM
Kevin Iole is in dana white's pocket. Don't trust his lies...

But the Elite show was not great at all.
DevonFoxy
6/2/08 12:30:44AM

Posted by breakdown5

Kevin Iole is in dana white's pocket. Don't trust his lies...

But the Elite show was not great at all.

Don't have to be in anyones pocket to observe if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably......
NinjaCyborg
6/2/08 12:52:33AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

too many early stoppages, they were trying to protect their investment in kimbo, i think the fights are rigged

I gotta be honest, I am skeptical of that as well! Those fights look very fishy to me.
jocka
6/2/08 8:26:47AM
Some of the fights did look fishy but the Lawer/Smith was a anwsome fight before it got stopped.
ncordless
6/2/08 1:22:27PM
There were no conspiracies... grow up kids.

I would never put any stock into anything Kevin Iole says about another org. He is a pathetic excuse for a journalist.

The EXC card was bad... but you guys are paranoid if you think anything was fixed.
whardin19
6/2/08 1:33:52PM
I know exactally why Yahoo was bashing EliteXC. It wasn't because you think they have a deal with the UFC. It's because that show was freaking sucky! From the early Scott Smith vs. Robbie Lawler fight to the bullshit not stopping the fight when Thompson was smashing Kimbo for 40 seconds on the ground and Kimbo not defeding himself (as for anyone that thinks I'm a Kimbo hater its false). I had Kimbo winning that fight easily. I think he does have some talent. But that whole event was bogus. From the cheerleaders, to Baroni's ridiculous entrance, to Busta Rhymes, to there not being a fight for like a freaking half hour after it started. It just sucked I hope the next one is not like that or I won't be watching.
gamez0932
6/2/08 1:42:31PM
kimbos fight in my opinon was rigged, he was caught in that crazy reverse cruifix postion with james raining down elbows and punches for like a minute and a half...no stoppage???? kimbo lands 3-4 nice solid blows and james is still standing and they decide to stop it there???? it was complete BS and this whole protecting kimbo i think will just hurt him in the long run.
NinjaCyborg
6/2/08 1:54:04PM

Posted by gamez0932

kimbos fight in my opinon was rigged, he was caught in that crazy reverse cruifix postion with james raining down elbows and punches for like a minute and a half...no stoppage???? kimbo lands 3-4 nice solid blows and james is still standing and they decide to stop it there???? it was complete BS and this whole protecting kimbo i think will just hurt him in the long run.

I'm gonna have to agree with you.
On several occasions it appeared as if JT let Kimbo over power him or let him get out of certain positions. I just kept thinking to myself that it was eerily reminiscent of a professional wrestling match.
I seriously think EliteXC is rigging Kimbos fights so they can make money off of him.
Boxing became extremely corrupt (and still may be, I don't know because I don't watch it anymore.) I would not be surprised at all to see some shady scheister promoter rig the fights to make money off of a falsely hyped Kimbo.

I really hope this is not the case, because that would be incredibly damaging for the sport of MMA, however the EliteXC main event reaked of corruption.
RMFG_187
6/2/08 2:30:28PM
UFC Does have a deal with Yahoo.

but dont u guys remember, about 6-10 months ago, the FREE Elite XC event on Yahoo.com?

dont know, maybe a business relationship gone sour