Xtreme Couture Signs on for IFL’s 2008 Season

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Xtreme Couture Signs on for IFL’s 2008 Season
juanez13
1/4/08 5:17:51PM
has learned that Randy Couture’s Xtreme Couture gym in Las Vegas will be one of the four teams featured on the IFL’s 2008 season opening card on February 29 at the Orleans Arena in Vegas.

In addition to Xtreme Couture, fighters representing Matt Lindland’s Team Quest and Ken Shamrock’s Lion’s Den will be featured as well. A fourth and final team that will be appearing on the card has yet to be finalized.

FiveOuncesOfPain- LINK

CagePotato- LINK

Now, obviously you’re not going to see Forrest Griffin and Wanderlei Silva doing battle in the IFL ring, but it’ll be interesting to see the young, hungry kids that Randy sends in to represent his Las Vegas collective
jae_1833
1/4/08 5:25:14PM
Wow....let the drama begin!!! Doesn't Dana hate the IFL, wasn't it one of the reasons Ken Shamrock stated that the UFC used against him to break his contract!? What will they do with Randy now!!!

Also if anyone who has the comlete list for the new IFL teams handy, pass them on, I am interested. I know of Couture, Militech, Gracie, Lindland, Shamrock, but that means that they are losing possibly up to 8 other established (not dominant mind you) teams. That would end the IFL for sure!!!
scoozna
1/4/08 5:33:47PM

Posted by jae_1833

Wow....let the drama begin!!! Doesn't Dana hate the IFL, wasn't it one of the reasons Ken Shamrock stated that the UFC used against him to break his contract!? What will they do with Randy now!!!

Whoooooboy...this is good stuff. I'm sure Dana's known about this for a while. If he maintains his "friendship" with Randy I'll be impressed.

Of course, I still don't expect the IFL to do particularly well, and it will give Dana more to ridicule.
juanez13
1/4/08 5:42:33PM
i still dont know if randy will be the coach though, so who knows he might be, but it might just be another trainer taking the leadership for his gym participating in the IFL....
telnights
1/4/08 5:56:29PM
Kind of shocked by this. The IFL is hurting right now. They are burning tons and tons of money with no return in site. Last I heard they were making big changes within the company. Thats a bad sign of things to come for the IFL. I like the show and Bas is great to watch but I don't see the show making it another year.
BigTomZ
1/4/08 6:23:09PM
There are very few good fighters in the IFL anyways. I watched it a few times and lost interest very quickly.
Boo_Radley21
1/4/08 6:30:28PM
Haha that's awesome should be fun. It said don't expect to see Forrest and Wanderlei, I guess I'm out of the loop here. Is Wanderlei a part of Xtreme Couture?
Kracker_Jap
1/4/08 6:34:16PM
Great news, I predict they win the season chapionship 08
cmill21
1/4/08 7:08:20PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Haha that's awesome should be fun. It said don't expect to see Forrest and Wanderlei, I guess I'm out of the loop here. Is Wanderlei a part of Xtreme Couture?

Kind of, last I heard he was supposed to run the EXC in Florida.
Boo_Radley21
1/4/08 7:12:37PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Kind of, last I heard he was supposed to run the EXC in Florida.

Alright thanks. If Xtreme Couture is joing IFL they should make The Colossus fight in it haha. Better yet, make Dana sign him.
jae_1833
1/4/08 8:23:42PM

Where is he anyways??
Boo_Radley21
1/4/08 9:16:06PM
Good question. I just know I'd love to see him fight again especially in the octagon.
madmarck
1/5/08 4:14:20PM
i think this was easy to see coming. Xtreme Couture just has so many good fighters of all ranges. And they readily have alrternates available.

I think some guys like Mike Pyle and James woods would be good for the team.
MMAcca
1/5/08 5:17:30PM
Ian Freeman has a UK based team called 'The British Bulldogs' i believe
mrsmiley
1/5/08 5:19:21PM
This is a big slap in the face to White.I don't think it hurts the UFC much,but it does make you wonder what could happen next.
JimiMak
1/6/08 12:39:40PM
Hopefully James will be their HeavyWeight, if he doesn't sign w/ UFC. He has a fight scheduled in feb ( I think there's still no opponenet), and then should be free to fight for anyone. Cant wait for him to make his american debut. Americans are going to love his personality and fighting style.

You guys that said you're fans should stop by The WW official forum. The link is in my sig. I know you have your camps here already, but that is a great forum w/ a bunch of good guys.