xbox 360 or PS3?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » xbox 360 or PS3?
POLL: Which one?
Xbox 360 54% (15)
PS3 46% (13)
kofranklin
3/31/08 12:51:41PM
I am trying to decide which one to buy. I have looked at each one very carefully and cant decide because for everything one has better the other has something else. Which one would you reccomend?
bullettdodger
3/31/08 1:05:12PM
360: bigger game library, easier functionality with online services, an overhaul for the xbox live system is on the horizon... as soon as PS3 catches they're online up, Xbox is going to miles away again offering its subscribers something "more"... at anyrate... it doesn't seem to matter which one you go with at this point as they're pretty much the same... Ps3 gets Metal Gear though (360 will have a version within a year of MG4's release) but 360 owners get episodic content for GTA4... what it boils down to is which controller you like better?
TWITA
3/31/08 1:09:22PM
I have both. Library for the X360 is much better but the PS3's library is growing stronger. Xbox Live (approx $50 per year) is better but PS3's online network (PSN) is really starting to come along ... and it's free. You get a built in blu-ray disc player with the PS3 ... so if you have a hgh def TV, you now have a high def blu ray player. Plus - I'm on my 3rd X360 (yes, it has busted twice now) so I'm a little soured on the reliability of the X360. I'm suggesting the PS3.
kofranklin
3/31/08 1:12:30PM
The new UFC game is on both systems right? Because on THQ's website it only says xbox 360.

http://thq.com/games/gameinfo.php?id=1284
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/31/08 1:22:15PM
xbox 360 rushed to put a bunch of the consoles together so they break easier. 1 out of every 2 people i know who have one have had problems but i think u pretty much will be happy with either one u choose
bullettdodger
3/31/08 1:28:01PM
Im still on my frist 360 but almost all my friends have been afflicted with the red ring of death.. but microsoft fixes and ships you it back free of charge, at anyrate either way you go you'll be happy soon enough
Evilwig
3/31/08 1:59:05PM
I got both console.

im at my third xbox. But microsoft fixed and shipped them for free. It usually took between a week or two.

I mainly use my ps3 for watching blu-ray. PS3 doesn't have a large library of game and their online part is really lacking.

If you want a console but you really wants to play games go with the Xbox360. If you want a console who does a bit of everything go with the PS3....
iwannabesedated
3/31/08 3:21:30PM
360...mine is 2 years old and i havent had any trrr.......Im not even going to say and jinx myself.
Pitbull09
3/31/08 4:55:56PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

xbox 360 rushed to put a bunch of the consoles together so they break easier. 1 out of every 2 people i know who have one have had problems but i think u pretty much will be happy with either one u choose

That was a problem the first few weeks but you can send them in now and fixed for free.

Also the new ones being sold all have a 4 year warentee on them.
Ordep
3/31/08 8:24:55PM
depends on what your looking for...

1) specific game : get the host console (e.g. 360 for Halo or PS3 for MSG4)

2) gaming + other featuress : PS3 has the BR player thus, the "higher" price

3) the games you look for are on both consoles and you don't care about HD players or paying for playing online : 360

I got the PS3 b/c I'm a big Final Fantasy fan and I was interested in the BR player too. Not to mention the system specs are better (but this doesn't affect gaming experience that much)
skatenate
3/31/08 8:54:14PM
really, it all depends on which one the UFC game is coming out on, well thats what im looking for anyway.