XBOX 360

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » XBOX 360
POLL: Has XBOX scratched your games yet?
YES 39% (9)
NO 61% (14)
RampageOwnedYou
4/2/08 8:22:11AM
I have a xbox 360 for about 15 months.
It's my 2nd one.
I have had major problems with both. More with this one though.
Seems to freeze upalot on me, also put in a game and it says it doesn't reconize the game. I also have been getting rings of scratches all over my games. I look at all my games, and they have rings. My xbox 360 is killing my games.

I love 360, but damn for the money I paid, I expected it to last longer.

Anyone else?
CornishMMA
4/2/08 9:43:23AM
Man thats rough

Gets me worried as well, cos i bought one about 6 months ago and havnt played it for months, BUT will be playing it NON STOP once GTA4 comes out in 4 weeks! So it better f***ing not red light on me or freeze up and do any of that bull****! god damn microsoft, think they now give warranty for years cos they have been breaking so much
owen1
4/2/08 10:04:12AM
Mine lasted for about 15 months without any problem,but I got the 3 lights a few weeks ago and its getting fixed right now I sent it off about a week ago.Its never scratched any games yet though.
iwannabesedated
4/2/08 12:19:38PM
ive had mine for 2 years and haven't had any troubles......i shouldn't of said anything because now its probably going to break.
tberg420
4/2/08 12:24:26PM
Some companies offer Replacement Plans for there products. I got mine from Best Buy and bought the PRP on it and it saved me $400 and piece of mind on waiting for the mail to come.
SpiderSilva
4/2/08 12:58:22PM
mine took 2 1/2 weeks to come back had it 1 month and got the red lights of death no game scratching anthing else goes wrong hello PS3
ncordless
4/2/08 1:08:43PM
My XBox 360 quit reading discs about a month ago. Thankfully it was under warrantee and I was able to send it in. Instead of fixing it, they just gave me a brand new one.

Check on the xbox website and see if you are still under warrantee. If you are, send that sucker in and get a new one.

xchickox
4/2/08 1:46:38PM
have you moved your console with the discs in? because it says somewhere that if you move them switched on or off they will scratch the disc big time and also can break your 360
RampageOwnedYou
4/2/08 11:45:44PM

have you moved your console with the discs in? because it says somewhere that if you move them switched on or off they will scratch the disc big time and also can break your 360

yeah I did that with once, not knowing the xbox was still on, and it tore up my disc and it was done.

But i had probs with my disc's before and still. But more of a reading and freeze issue. I am going to contact xbox because someone told me they are fixing systems that cause ANY scratching on discs.

Thanks for info, but was more curious on other people's stories, just to see how many people actually have had probs. Its a shame these systems cant last longer...because just the other day my xbox is sounding louder then my computer on a bad day lol
Mayhem13
4/2/08 11:51:19PM
yep..my first one redlighted...they sent me a new one...I sold it...

bought a new one a few months back after hearing about the new UFC game...and my dvd played going down the crapper...its worked fine so far...except for ruining my Madden game somehow...
Bumpy
8/30/08 9:06:14PM
I have not really had any problems, some times when i play online it will freez but not to much.
Boo_Radley21
8/31/08 2:27:56AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

I have a xbox 360 for about 15 months.
It's my 2nd one.
I have had major problems with both. More with this one though.
Seems to freeze upalot on me, also put in a game and it says it doesn't reconize the game. I also have been getting rings of scratches all over my games. I look at all my games, and they have rings. My xbox 360 is killing my games.

I love 360, but damn for the money I paid, I expected it to last longer.

Anyone else?

If you have it standing on its side I know that ruins discs madcore. They even told me at the place I bought it not to stand it up how its advertised cause it wrecks everything. Mine broke this summer with the lights so they sent me a new one. You don't even need a warranty for the red lights so its all good for me haha.
DJDark41
8/31/08 12:36:27PM
Ok, this thread isn't as bad as the other two I saw yesterday, but jeez guys quit bumping these old threads. 2 threads that were over a year old, and now a thread thats over 4 months old.

But in any case... for scratching of the discs, your best bet would be to lay the xbox down on its side and make sure its on a stable surface. If you stand it up on edge, the odds of it moving around and damaging the disc is much greater, and an unstable surface that rocks back and forth could also cause the XBox to scratch the disk. As for the freezing... I have no clue. Make sure your XBox is in a well ventilated area, so it doesn't overheat.
Trapt1nw0nder
9/2/08 2:28:35AM

Just leave it on its side an you'll have no problems....and never leave anything on top of it...just makes it head up more...regular dusting and cleaning around the area isnt a bad idea also..the last thing you want is your xbox sucking in all the dust from around that area....so listen to mom and clean your room!!!