Top 10 WWE Superstars Who Could Make Waves in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Top 10 WWE Superstars Who Could Make Waves in MMA
SmileR
7/17/10 11:04:57AM
What do you guys think of the stars on the list?

Link to the possible future
BlueSkiesBurn
7/17/10 11:50:46AM
-Cena won't do it, nor should he. He's the poster boy of WWE and he'd lose MILLIONS by leaving Vince.

-Masters should just enter body building.

-Regal is like 50, same with the Undertaker. I'd say NO to either of these two. The author is an idiot for including them. The Undertaker can't go a Wrestlemania at this point in his career without needed 3-6 mos off to heal his injuries.

-I won't lie, I would LOVE to see Beth Phoenix in women's MMA. Damn that woman is hot.

-Nick Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler) could actually make a very interesting choice if he transitioned to MMA. He was a very accomplished wrestler in both HS and at Kent St. Plus, he's only 29.

-Kozlov would also be an interesting choice because he is trained in MMA, especially Sambo, grappling, kickboxing, and judo, but he's 38.

-Jack Hager (Swagger) would also be a very interesting transition to MMA. He'd be in the HW division, though. He's 6'5" around 260-5. He's 28. get him in with the right camp and I'd be all for this.

-Shad Gaspard would be an interesting addition because he's 6'7" but I'm guessing he's closer to 300 than 265, I don't know if he could make the weight.

-Anthony Carelli (Santino) can do anything he wants, plus he WAS an MMA fighter. That man cracks me up.

emfleek
7/17/10 11:53:30AM
Wow, I'm getting old.

There were only a couple names on that list that I even recognized...

BlueSkiesBurn
7/17/10 11:57:47AM
Here's a video I was able to find of Anthony Carelli (Santino) from his Ohio Valley Wrestling days. It was a promo billing him as a Mixed Martial Artist from Russia. Obviously everything is fake except his technique.

Santino Demonstrating His MMA...Kinda
TheGodfather1024
7/17/10 12:05:52PM
the undertaker??? HAHAHAHAHA
Wallass
7/17/10 12:20:46PM
FYI, Santino's character in OVW was to "Be Fedor". Paul Heyan gave him the gimmick and eventually Kozlov was asked to do the same.
Twenty20Dollars
7/17/10 1:10:32PM
Funaki Rikishi I mean look at those submission skills, that would make anyone tapout.
postman
7/17/10 10:19:17PM
Beth Phoenix is the only one on that list that I see doing much at a high level. I lost all intrest when regal poped up then next thing I know The Undertaker shows ROFL
Caesarrrr
7/19/10 11:06:06AM
No, that list is stupid. Only a few of those have any real training, and most of them are just physical athletes. MMA and Pro wrestling might have a crossover fan base, but they're nothing alike, and the fact that lesnar made the crossover was a fluke, not the norm.
warglory
7/19/10 6:25:25PM

Posted by Caesarrrr

No, that list is stupid. Only a few of those have any real training, and most of them are just physical athletes. MMA and Pro wrestling might have a crossover fan base, but they're nothing alike, and the fact that lesnar made the crossover was a fluke, not the norm.

Pro wrestlers have been crossing over into the world of MMA for years, and vice versa, I'm not sure why you think this.