WWE Pulls Plug On CM Punk Walking Out With Chael Sonnen At UFC On Fox 2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WWE Pulls Plug On CM Punk Walking Out With Chael Sonnen At UFC On Fox 2
FastKnockout
1/14/12 4:19:57PM
WWE Champion CM Punk will no longer walk out with Chael Sonnen for his fight with Mark Munoz at UFC On Fox 2.

In early-January, news broke that longtime MMA fan Punk (Phil Brooks) would walk out with the former pro wrestling prospect and top middleweight contender Sonnen in Punk's hometown of Chicago, IL. Punk had previously received permission from WWE to skip a house show on Saturday, January 28 to be at the UFC event.

From Ariel Helwani's piece on MMA Fighting:

Punk confirmed with MMAFighting.com that WWE chairman Vince McMahon decided against allowing him to walk out to the cage with Sonnen later this month. MMA reporter FrontRowBrian first reported the news Friday afternoon.

LINK
DeadHead988
1/14/12 4:41:00PM
Not a huge loss
Budgellism
1/14/12 4:45:41PM
I wouldn't have noticed anyways but that's kind of weak.
tcunningham
1/14/12 5:53:19PM
i was actually looking forward to this just to see what sonnen was gonna do. i couldnt care less about whoever CM Punk is. i guess mayhem will continue to be the walk out champion.
emfleek
1/15/12 9:51:29AM
lmao at "mma reporter FrontRowBrian"
cowcatcher
1/17/12 12:12:16PM
Well there's no need to watch now...
prophecy033
1/17/12 5:59:47PM
The WWE probably didn't want this guy turning up missing in Brazil because he was associated with Chael