WWE's Dave Batista Training In MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WWE's Dave Batista Training In MMA
0_Silencer_0
4/24/10 5:53:25PM
Will Batista be the next big thing?
Batista v. Brock Lesnar would be interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l0dXJTN524
mrsmiley
4/24/10 6:13:00PM
He's certainly a monster physically,but does he have any legit wrestling credentials outside of the WWE?
gsp69
4/25/10 9:23:18AM
i think it was just a pr stunt, 2 raise awareness of cancer....

b interesting 2 watch if he did get in2 mma tho,,,, dont see it happnin imo
ncordless
4/25/10 11:35:56AM
I couldn't care less about WWE stars coming to MMA. There might be a couple with a good wrestling background that will make the transition, but the vast majority of them will either 1) never fight a match and are just using it to get some press, or 2) get their ass handed to them.
Jackelope
4/25/10 11:43:59AM
I think it was just a workout video to raise cancer awareness as well.

That being said Batista actually showed a little bit of technique. Not saying he's the greatest by any stretch of the imagination but it is very clear he's been training the stuff for at least a half year or so. His technique wasn't too god awful.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/25/10 7:18:36PM
Dave is just too old and riddled with injuries. I can't see him doing MMA for any other purpose than physical fitness.
lohmann
4/28/10 3:22:26AM

Posted by ncordless

I couldn't care less about WWE stars coming to MMA. There might be a couple with a good wrestling background that will make the transition, but the vast majority of them will either 1) never fight a match and are just using it to get some press, or 2) get their ass handed to them.

Agreed, except for the one special case where one pro wrestling star with amazing credentials should have been in MMA years ago but opted to cash in with the WWE because of how, at the time, its stars were getting paid a whole lot more than the best MMA fighters. (Kurt Angle is a waste of talent.)

The WWE has lost one of its greatest recruiting tools: wrestlers that need a job after they conclude their amateur careers. A lot of its former stars came from collegiate backgrounds.