WTF moment of the day

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » WTF moment of the day
Rush
8/11/08 3:21:20PM
This is an old poster, but I thought I would share it with you. This is found in the men's washroom on my floor at the Univeristy of Toronto.

Look at the ad carefully and tell me if you see something odd.

It's not that I find the content odd (being from Toronto I am used to it). However, I thought that the message conveyed, via the picture, is sort of being conveyed to a small minority.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DCRage
8/11/08 4:28:06PM
It would seem to be aimed at gay men letting them know the obvious: sex - consent = rape. I don't see much else odd about it, if anything.
holt8081
8/11/08 4:28:30PM
It maybe cuz Im stupid but I dont understand WTF is going on.
king_katool
8/11/08 4:36:20PM

Posted by Rush

This is an old poster, but I thought I would share it with you. This is found in the men's washroom on my floor at the Univeristy of Toronto.

Look at the ad carefully and tell me if you see something odd.

It's not that I find the content odd (being from Toronto I am used to it). However, I thought that the message conveyed, via the picture, is sort of being conveyed to a very large minority.

LOL rush i live in hamilton and this poster being posted in toronto doesn't surprise me either lol
emfleek
8/11/08 4:54:54PM
I thought this was the new UFC 88 poster.

aaa9erh8er
8/11/08 4:56:31PM
i guess posters reflect the place there hung. im from the bay area (SF ca) and i was going to a giants game a few weeks ago and came across a sign on a fron porch that said : PLease respect this is a home entrance NOT a public toilet.
i nearly cried aND PISSED MY SLEF BECUSE RIGHT BELOW IT WAS a fat shit.on the door step i was with my uncle from buffalo and i looked at him and said welcom to ca
Rush
8/11/08 5:04:59PM

Posted by DCRage

It would seem to be aimed at gay men letting them know the obvious: sex - consent = rape. I don't see much else odd about it, if anything.

I know, but given the fact that a small amount of the population is gay and that even a smaller subset of the population sexually assaults people, I would say that targeting the homosexual niche with sexual assaut ads (or targeting any specific gender, race, orientation, etc) is, well, silly.

Sexual assault is something that should be more general and this ad I think takes a step away from that direction.

I guess what I am saying is, if one saw a poster that showed a man sexually assaulting a small girl or boy, the take home message (from most people) would be: Oh, I am not a pedophile.

Thus, the underlying message which should be: Sexual assault is wrong

Is not seen.

I mean, when I saw this poster the first and only thing I thought of was "are those two guys?", and not the core message.
misses1112
8/11/08 6:52:22PM
it's a picture of michael & blanket
Jackelope
8/11/08 11:58:45PM
Definitely a "WTF" moment
JohnnyNapalm
8/12/08 3:37:50AM

Posted by emfleek

If only that poster had been in Heath Herring's locker room prior to the "ass grab" incident...
Rush
8/12/08 7:33:29AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by emfleek

If only that poster had been in Heath Herring's locker room prior to the "ass grab" incident...

There's always photoshop
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/12/08 7:44:48AM
yikes
Red-Dragon
8/13/08 4:14:51PM
Thats kind of saying sex with a small boy is fine if he says OK