WTF Bisbing vs. Shamrock????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WTF Bisbing vs. Shamrock????
Next Page »
blkssncpt
6/18/07 4:56:56PM
When was this announced??? Where did this match-up come from???
szucconi
6/18/07 5:01:12PM
its just a rumor. eveyone is running with it, but nothing is confirmed. Shamrock is not signed with the UFC.
the-james
6/18/07 5:37:48PM
WTF thats the first of this ive heard, i definitly dont care to see Shamroxk fighting anymore, what happened to Bisping/Hamill
Stickan
6/18/07 5:53:59PM
Worst match-up ever. Easy pick though.
Svartorm
6/18/07 5:57:14PM
If you mean I easily picked Ken, you're right.
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 6:03:43PM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm with this guy... Ken is a huge LHW and Bisbing would fair better if he moved down to MW (that div needs help anyways)
The_Metal_Maniac
6/18/07 6:17:51PM
I would much rather see this fight instead of Bisping vs. Matt Hamill. Ken might be washed up but come on it's still Ken.
Svartorm
6/18/07 6:21:15PM
I've never been impressed with Bisping, and if Elvis almost put Bisping away twice while horribly jet-lagged, I can see Ken scoring a sub in the 1st.
hippysmacker
6/18/07 6:26:11PM
I'd like to see Bisping/hammil, I was kinda torked when it didn't get to happen on TUF 3. As for Shamrock, if he's not going to retire I would like to see him fight Frye again. Both legends, both brawlers, but I think Shamrock would actually sub him this time with a leg-lock. Frye seems to have fallen into his own stereotype persona IMO, and is content to hockey fight now. Shamrock could, but I think he's smart enough to just stick/move/takedown/leglock.
szucconi
6/18/07 6:30:10PM

Posted by Svartorm

I've never been impressed with Bisping, and if Elvis almost put Bisping away twice while horribly jet-lagged, I can see Ken scoring a sub in the 1st.

Strongly agree, Sinosic was a can that almost opened up a can on Bisping. Bisping looked akward and almost got finished.
Mastodon2
6/18/07 6:37:50PM
I think Bisping could take this, if he uses sprawl and brawl tactics. He doesnt want none of Shamrock on the ground!

Its interesting that this is still a rumour, but its on the list for the event, Ive already picked Bisping to win
Kastro
6/18/07 6:41:58PM

Posted by roncomanjason

I would much rather see this fight instead of Bisping vs. Matt Hamill. Ken might be washed up but come on it's still Ken.

Exactly, Ken is Ken and he always goes out like a man.

I think this might even be a tougher fight for Bisping then Hamill would have been.

A lot of people think too highly of Bisping, Shamrock will win in the first by heel hook - remember where you heard it first!
Northrend
6/18/07 6:46:03PM

Posted by Svartorm

Im with Svartorm..I got Ken by 3rd round submission!

blkssncpt
6/18/07 6:48:14PM

Posted by the-james

WTF thats the first of this ive heard, i definitly dont care to see Shamroxk fighting anymore, what happened to Bisping/Hamill

Well i saw it on the events list so i had to post this up and see if it was true since it's on our upcoming events....
Believe-in-judo81
6/18/07 6:50:59PM
Not particularly excited for this but at the least it would be less boring than Bisbing/Hamill. And it might actually be a fairly closely contested match. Ken by sub or bisbing TKO
Fahrenheit1221
6/18/07 7:00:28PM
I can't imagine Shamrock winning but I'll admit it is possible... Bisping has a bunch of steam though.
xchickox
6/18/07 7:33:23PM
i just watched the bisping vs sinosic fight from 70, and bisping's g n p in the first round is amazing, if he does that to ken it will be stopped in the first
cmill21
6/18/07 7:42:31PM
Kens won 2 of his last 9 fights....he's waaaaaay past his prime.
richieb19
6/18/07 7:44:49PM

Posted by cmill21

Yet you seem to overlook the fact that 2 of those losses where horrible stoppages, his fight with Frye was fight of the year and was a splitter, and his fight with Fujita only ended because of a freak heart problem... Where does that leave you now?
johny_rotten
6/18/07 7:59:53PM
Since Ken has come back from the WWFhe doesn't like getting hit. Granted no one likes to get hit, but most MMA fighters deal with it, but Ken doesn't. If it has been Tito, Rich, or Sak after he gets hit in the face he cowers, and doesn't fight at 100%. As long as he does that no matter who you put him in there with he will lose.
JewJitsu
6/18/07 8:05:36PM
Ken needs to control himself more. In his last few fights he has not fought smart at all.

He needs to circle a bit against Bisping and try and work a gameplan.

If he comes in just swinging against Mike it will play right into Bisping's hand.
cmill21
6/18/07 8:28:47PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by cmill21

Yet you seem to overlook the fact that 2 of those losses where horrible stoppages, his fight with Frye was fight of the year and was a splitter, and his fight with Fujita only ended because of a freak heart problem... Where does that leave you now?

Do you believe he would have got up and beat tito? He did get a second oh no a third chance and lost again...still an old man in a young mans sport. Ken was a great fighter he's just to old now. I love Ken but he should have stayed retired, he's not going to pull a Randy. I do get why he came back, he wants to fight all the new guys coming in, but man those new guys coming in are better then he was when he was in his prime(11 years ago, I watched and I was 8).
Naturaldisaster
6/18/07 9:51:48PM
Ken wins this one by sub in the 3rd
MrLehman
6/18/07 10:08:06PM
According to ufcjunkie.com Ken is in negations with the UFC
NME
6/18/07 10:31:21PM

Posted by Svartorm

This is why person to person wagering never should have been done away with.
CWall33
6/18/07 11:09:06PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by cmill21

So, you're saying he's "won" 4 of his last 9 fights (but one was a "horrible" stoppage, and one was due to a "freak" heart problem). You're using this to hype up Shamrock? Dig deeper, way deeper.

Winning 4 of 9 still is not good, even with the crazy spin.
richieb19
6/18/07 11:26:02PM

Posted by CWall33

So, you're saying he's "won" 4 of his last 9 fights (but one was a "horrible" stoppage, and one was due to a "freak" heart problem). You're using this to hype up Shamrock? Dig deeper, way deeper.

Look, if you think his record isn't good enough than you are more than entitled to your opinion, however you, along with almost every other doubter, seem to rely solely on the numbers, when the fact of the matter is that it goes far beyond that. As I explained, his only real losses in his last 9 fights (which I don't understand why you use as a reference) are to Tito Ortiz at UFC 40 and UFN 7, and as Shamrock explained Tito is just a fighter he can't seem to beat, just like Quinton and Saku couldn't hang with Wand, and Rich Franklin, who has proven his worth as a top tier fighter. If you can't appreciate the fact that he had Fujita knocked out standing on multiple occasions, had Pride's best fight of '02 with Frye, and delivered the #1 KO on "Ultimate Knockouts 3" then I see very little reason to dig down any deeper...
CWall33
6/18/07 11:40:57PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by CWall33

Look, if you think his record isn't good enough than you are more than entitled to your opinion, however you, along with almost every other doubter, seem to rely solely on the numbers, when the fact of the matter is that it goes far beyond that. As I explained, his only real losses in his last 9 fights (which I don't understand why you use as a reference) are to Tito Ortiz at UFC 40 and UFN 7, and as Shamrock explained Tito is just a fighter he can't seem to beat, just like Quinton and Saku couldn't hang with Wand, and Rich Franklin, who has proven his worth as a top tier fighter. If you can't appreciate the fact that he had Fujita knocked out standing on multiple occasions, had Pride's best fight of '02 with Frye, and delivered the #1 KO on "Ultimate Knockouts 3" then I see very little reason to dig down any deeper...

I don't have a problem with his record. Didn't mean start a confrontation with you.
I still don't understand where you're coming from. He's had some good fights, which he has lost. "Why" he lost is not really important to me. Seems like everyone's got an excuse these days.

I actually think Bisbing vs Shamrock is a good gatekeeper fight. Should be interesting.
Playground_Samurai
6/18/07 11:54:33PM

Posted by NME

Posted by Svartorm

This is why person to person wagering never should have been done away with.

I really don't mind any of the changes, but this just takes away from a bit of the fun. I never thought it was a hassle to find people to bet against. All you had to do was click a link that said wager finder and abra cadabra. But like I said, I don't mind any of the changes. This sites the shit. .

Anywho, the overview while i'm typing this is 85% bisping to Shamrocks 15%. I suppose that seems right, as you're always gonna have the few that really don't know what they're really doing here, and the other few that have the feeling of an upset brewing. But personally, IMO, Shamrock doesn't have a chance.

I myself think that Bisping may be a bit over-rated by the casual fan, and a bit under-rated by the die hard fans. Now Shamrock is a legend in his on right. He's been there from the beginning and he's helped get mma to where it is today, so I have nothing but respect for him. That being said, I also believe he's completely washed up. The sport has evolved 100 fold since the days of his prime. No way he'll be able to contend with the youth and athleticism of Bisping.
d_block07
6/19/07 1:01:41AM
Bisping is way too well rounded for ken he is way past his prime, but i wouldnt mind seeing him back in the WWE, (not trying to sound disrespectful)
Pages: [1] 2