WTF?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WTF?
haggiswashere
10/10/08 1:02:57AM
whats goin on with this? they don't ever have people's profiles on ufc webite unless they are currently fighting or if they are in the hall of fame. go look at royces page and you will see only hall of famers have there profiles. so whats up with this dude? maybe a comeback, a hall of fame inducting, or a glitch? what do you think? he doesn't seem likely for hall of fame. Patrick Smith
seanfu
10/10/08 1:07:31AM
Saw it, that's odd. Maybe the UFC is deciding to try to beef up the HOF as big as they can. Having a hall of fame with 3 fighters just doesn't look good.
jiujitsufreak74
10/10/08 1:26:24AM

Posted by seanfu

Saw it, that's odd. Maybe the UFC is deciding to try to beef up the HOF as big as they can. Having a hall of fame with 3 fighters just doesn't look good.

when your organization has only existed for 15 years, 3 members in the HOF isn't too bad.
seanfu
10/10/08 2:43:23AM
Great ownage dude you totally got me because I mentioned that the UFC has 3 people in the hall of fame. Good one

Doesn't matter whether it's five years old, the point is that it isn't pretty to look at.

But I think we're overlooking the possibility of a Patrick Smith comeback lol
Naturaldisaster
10/10/08 2:59:22AM
if their puttin someone else in the UFC HOF I think i could come up with a few better choices than Patrick Smith.

Evan Tanner maybe?
haggiswashere
10/10/08 3:25:21AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

if their puttin someone else in the UFC HOF I think i could come up with a few better choices than Patrick Smith.

Evan Tanner maybe?

i agree with you there.
aaa9erh8er
10/10/08 1:00:10PM
yes i agree tanner should go. also call me crazy but rizzo and ortiz they where the first really dominent fighters the ufc ever had then hughes in a few years and of course chuck will be
Rush
10/10/08 1:53:32PM
For a while the UFC site had a lot of fighters that were no longe associated with the organization. I remember Danny Abaddi being on there long after his last fight in the UFC. It appears now that a lot of those fighters have since been removed. Pat Smith may have slipped through the cracks.

Ortiz is still on there and is clearly not with the UFC any more. However, Nick Diaz and Joe Riggs are no longer on the site.

Again, I make this out to be an error.

jiujitsufreak74
10/10/08 2:03:51PM

Posted by seanfu

Great ownage dude you totally got me because I mentioned that the UFC has 3 people in the hall of fame. Good one

Doesn't matter whether it's five years old, the point is that it isn't pretty to look at.

i wasn't trying to "own" you. i was just saying that it is a young organization and thus a HOF isn't their top priority. most other sports have to wait 5 years after the athlete retires to even put them on a ballot. so when you are only 15 years old, it isn't too bad to have 3 people in your HOF.
juanez13
10/10/08 2:06:18PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by seanfu

i wasn't trying to "own" you. i was just saying that it is a young organization and thus a HOF isn't their top priority. most other sports have to wait 5 years after the athlete retires to even put them on a ballot. so when you are only 15 years old, it isn't too bad to have 3 people in your HOF.

there is 5.

coleman
couture
royce
severn
gracie
jiujitsufreak74
10/10/08 2:33:10PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by seanfu

there is 5.

coleman
couture
royce
severn
gracie

good catch, same concept applies though

btw, shamrock is there, you listed royce twice. everyone makes mistakes
Rush
10/10/08 5:39:31PM

That is funny.
haggiswashere
10/11/08 11:24:17PM
.....ok back to the topic... anyone know?
juanez13
10/11/08 11:42:01PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by seanfu

there is 5.

coleman
couture
royce
severn
gracie

good catch, same concept applies though

btw, shamrock is there, you listed royce twice. everyone makes mistakes

.. damn, thats what i get for trying to be a smart-ass