wrestling after HS

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » wrestling after HS
danny81
7/8/08 10:26:39PM
alright my last yr of wrestling is next year and im not wrestling in college. my wrestling isnt that good and im sure after enxt year it will only be decent. how could i get it better after i am done wit HS?
Raykill
7/8/08 10:43:21PM

Posted by danny81

alright my last yr of wrestling is next year and im not wrestling in college. my wrestling isnt that good and im sure after enxt year it will only be decent. how could i get it better after i am done wit HS?

Are you not wrestling in college because you are not going to college? Or because you don’t think you are good enough?

I am asking because our community college has a wrestling team, some of the guys from our team went there to wrestle and some help coach that team. Some even come back and help coach the HS team. This gives them the opportunity to practice with the team again.

I live in Southern California, so it’s not like we are a big wrestling town or state.
We even have a couple of gyms locally that have wrestling classes.

Anyways, there should be options for you out there somewhere. Just look on-line for anything locally.

Talk to your coach and see if he has any ideas or knows of anything that might be available for you.
Good luck
danny81
7/9/08 2:57:07AM
im not good enfuff to wrestle in college
fullerene
7/9/08 8:34:12AM
Depending on where you live there may be a wrestling club or two around that aren't affiliated with any school. The skill levels and age range there will probably cover a very wide range. I'd ask your coach if he knows of any and try a google search if he doesn't.

Although it won't cross over 100% with wrestling, you can get some of the same benefits (both skill and fun) by trying no-gi grappling or judo if that's available. If you end up at a BJJ place that does very little wrestling see if you can find some other guys around your weight who also wrestled and try to to bring them in on a day where there is an open mat policy so you can get some extra work.