Former Wrestler/TV Star "Captain" Lou Albano Passes Away

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Former Wrestler/TV Star "Captain" Lou Albano Passes Away
DCRage
10/14/09 1:32:49PM
Most remember him as a great wrestler/manager from the WWF of years ago, but I best remember him as Mario on the 80s kids' show "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show."

According to Pwinsider.com, legendary wrestler and manager Captain Lou Albano has passed away. Albano had fallen ill and was under hospice care. Wrestler's Rescue is collecting donations to be forwarded to the Albano family for medical expenses. For more information, go to www.WrestlersRescue.Org or email questions to WrestlersRescue@aol.com.

411 would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and fans of Captain Lou.

He was quite the character, I loved his TV work. R.I.P. and thanks for the childhood laughs & memories, Captain.
emfleek
10/14/09 1:41:07PM
RIP Lou

Many of the memories I have as a young kid watching wrestling with my grandpa include Captain Lou.

cowcatcher
10/14/09 1:42:23PM
he was to rubber bands what tlc was to condoms. dude was a hilarious interview and sometimes on espn classic they show uwf wrestling where hes the announcer and hes a riot. RIP captain lou.
Wallass
10/14/09 1:51:17PM
Cpt Lou was one of the most odd by fascinating interviews ever. He will be missed greatly.
DCRage
10/14/09 2:04:59PM
I was also just reminded of his music video-he appeared in the video for "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" as Cyndi Lauper's father.
tberg420
10/14/09 3:00:27PM
He was a true legend. His commentary on one of the Legends Of Wrestling PPV's was EPIC. Wrestling lost a good guy!!