The Wrestler: The Scott Hall Story

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Wrestler: The Scott Hall Story
emfleek
10/20/11 2:24:39PM
In his prime, Scott Hall was a mountain of a man - 6-foot-7, 290 pounds of solidly sculptured muscle, appearing as close as invincible as they come. As Razor Ramon, he was one of professional wrestling's biggest names and most villainous villains, busting chairs with the likes of Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan in front of tens of thousands of screaming fans in sold-out arenas. And he loved the life that came with it: the parties, the women, the celebrity. But the high life soon started to slip away, and Hall has been desperately doing whatever he can since to hold on ever since. Hall's slide seems to know no bottom - from his deteriorating physical and mental condition, to his ongoing battle with alcohol and substance abuse that has crippled his family life and resulted in pathetic public appearances in school gyms. But he's hanging on, somehow. Now his only son, Cody, wants to follow in his father's tortured bootsteps. E:60 chronicles the heartbreaking story of a man who is a shadow of his former self and desperate for one last taste of the glory days.

LINK
emfleek
10/20/11 2:26:13PM
Man, this is hard to watch. Very sad...
cowcatcher
10/20/11 2:28:17PM
Saw this the other day, just brutal. You wonder how someone can slip so far, and having not been there it's impossible to understand how someone can throw so much away so easily.
emfleek
10/20/11 2:43:22PM
Totally gut-wrenching. Hall was one of my favorites back when I watched pro wrestling. Such a shame. I hope he can pull it together for the home stretch...
Hendo67
10/20/11 2:58:42PM
I'll definitely be watching this when i get home.
Poor_Franklin
10/20/11 3:36:39PM
saw this on E:60.

The Wrestler, the movie, never hit home w/ me. But when i can put a face of a childhood icon that i grew up watching for so long to the story, it hurt me. I found it very hard to watch.
emfleek
10/20/11 3:54:31PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

when i can put a face of a childhood icon that i grew up watching for so long to the story, it hurt me. I found it very hard to watch.

Well said.

jjeans
10/20/11 4:03:31PM
That was very very hard for me to watch. I have to honour his son though, really makes him look like he's doing everything for his dad.
Chael_Sonnen
10/20/11 4:03:58PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

saw this on E:60.

The Wrestler, the movie, never hit home w/ me. But when i can put a face of a childhood icon that i grew up watching for so long to the story, it hurt me. I found it very hard to watch.

"When you live hard and you play hard and burn the candle at both ends... in this life, you can lose everything you love, everything that loves you."

- Randy "The Ram" Robinson (The Wrestler)
scoozna
10/20/11 5:08:51PM
Very good video to watch. They do a good job of portraying his highs and his lows. Good to be reminded of how an addict struggles, if you don't already know someone like this.
Chael_Sonnen
10/20/11 6:16:01PM
Professional Wrestlers are a modern day Greek Tradegy.....massive list of deaths and addiction battles.
Poor_Franklin
10/20/11 6:57:53PM
I've had a difficult time seeing Hulk Hogan show up on anything that'll pay him to collect a check. But that's not something a 7 year old knows. So i grow up watching these huge iconic men go down in flames right before my very eyes. That is a tragedy in & of itself.
gartface
10/21/11 9:05:01AM
I used to be huge into pro wrestling when I was young, and he was my favorite. It's definitely hard to see him like that.
kopower
10/23/11 11:02:16AM
Looks like we all agree it was hard to watch. Man, tough to see him do that special appearance just wasted. Hate to say it, but if he has congestive heart failure, its only a matter of time before he goes. Hopefully he can make the most out of the rest of his life and turn it around, atleast for his kids sake.
Hendo67
10/24/11 12:35:19PM
Insane watch, i shared it on my facebook and got so much feedback... pretty crazy stuff, very hard to watch and it gives you chills. I never was a huge Hall/Razor fan, but i do have to say his ladder match with HBK was so iconic, and one of the best matches i had ever watched.

Pretty hard to see him drugged up the way he was, especially at that show where he was literally carried in and still wearing his hospital band on his wrist from the night before... I couldn't believe they actually let him wrestle in that state, kind of disgusting, actually.

Some of the stories he shared had the hair on my arms standing straight up, especially the one about the night club in the early 80's - i won't say what happened incase someone has yet to see it.

emfleek
10/24/11 12:44:37PM

Posted by Hendo67

Some of the stories he shared had the hair on my arms standing straight up, especially the one about the night club in the early 80's - i won't say what happened incase someone has yet to see it.

That part blew me away, too. Insane stuff and all too common when you live your life on the road like some of these wrestlers/entertainers do.