MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » WOW! Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout
Next Page »
POLL: Fisher vs Stout
Wow, what a war 83% (45)
meh, not to bad 17% (9)
Seen a whole lot better 0% (0)
Ultimate_fighter
6/12/07 11:11:11PM
That was a great fight, toe to toe. I think the score cards should not have been 30-27.... i am thinkin 29-28. Becuz, sam won the first, spencer was killing him at the start then stout came back and gave him a gash, and took control of the boxing wars. But the next 2 rounds were definitly spencer. Wish the Sam Stout won, but good job to spencer,one of the best fights i've seen.

What did u guys think about the fight?
Fanboy 1988
6/12/07 11:20:18PM
I liked it Stout showed alot of heart. However, I do agree with the judges score cards
disorderlyvision
6/12/07 11:20:29PM
agree, awesome fight. i think the first could have went either way though.
thelastking
6/12/07 11:20:37PM
That was an amazing fight. I think that the first round could have been a toss up but spencer definitely won the second and third. I honestly hope there is a third fight between these two, both of there fights were just amazing.
DJDark41
6/12/07 11:20:38PM
Wasn't a war, it was more like a relatively large battle. Some good exchanges, definitly my favorite fight of the night, and not boring in the least. They could've had some longer back-and-forths, but they just threw combos and backed up. I'm glad Fisher won, hopefully he's on an upswing since losing to Franca. I give it a .
grappler0000
6/12/07 11:23:31PM
The first round was the closest, but I agree with the judges...30-27. Great fight!
Fanboy 1988
6/12/07 11:23:56PM
It was a hell of a fight to end the night with, lets hope we'll see a third one..
Basshandsome
6/12/07 11:26:55PM
Great fight! I really enjoyed it. I thought the judges scored it right but i really wish Sam won it being from London, Ont and all.
the-james
6/12/07 11:42:50PM
Amazing fight!!! it a war, and holy shit can Sam Stout take a punch, the only thing that sucked was that i had to mute my TV because of how biased Rogan and Goldberg were towards Fisher, i agree he won but if you just listened to the commentarry you would think Fisher dominated him and Stout did absolutely nothing, they never mentioned the combos that Sam landed at all. O well what can you expect with Goldberg and Rogan commentating. Other than that awesome fight.
MisFiT
6/12/07 11:46:28PM
it was the best fight i've seen in awhile.
cmill21
6/12/07 11:49:02PM
The UFC doesn't seem to like us Canucks to much. Oh well the UFC is probly one of the most bias sports organizeation's i've ever seen in my entire life. Who's the champ Rich Franklin or Anderson Silva? Didn't Rampage just win? I swear I saw chuck seeing stars. Oh hey I heard Big NOG's fighting soon...I've heard nothing of him even being in the UFC. You'd think they would try and bring the PRIDE guys into the spotlight a little more seeing as they have signed all the stars, and it would bring alot more PPV revenue in if they would show the UFC casual fans that, hey look we signed Cro Cop, Big NOG, Shogun...does anyone who doesn't follow mma even know who shogun is?
raindrops21
6/12/07 11:50:16PM
Amazing fight, and definitely a war. Both have great chins and I totally agree with 30-27 on all the cards.

Not much more you can ask for out of a main event.
mkiv9secsupra
6/12/07 11:57:39PM
great fight....although it did look as if Spencer was scared to rush in and go for the KO when he rocked Stout.

Spencer has some fast f'ing hands!!!
MMA
6/13/07 12:29:42AM
Stout has a granite chin, that guy (almost) eat everything Fisher had to offer. He only got rocked once and he quickly recovered from it.
MisFiT
6/13/07 12:31:46AM

Posted by cmill21

The UFC doesn't seem to like us Canucks to much. Oh well the UFC is probly one of the most bias sports organizeation's i've ever seen in my entire life. Who's the champ Rich Franklin or Anderson Silva? Didn't Rampage just win? I swear I saw chuck seeing stars. Oh hey I heard Big NOG's fighting soon...I've heard nothing of him even being in the UFC. You'd think they would try and bring the PRIDE guys into the spotlight a little more seeing as they have signed all the stars, and it would bring alot more PPV revenue in if they would show the UFC casual fans that, hey look we signed Cro Cop, Big NOG, Shogun...does anyone who doesn't follow mma even know who shogun is?

They had Nog at the last UFN and announced that he was signed... Dont be mad cause you Canadians dont get a first class ticket, that's how its always been. I dont get why Canadians are so bitter towards guys from Canada not "getting enough coverage" come on now. Open your eyes.
cmill21
6/13/07 12:39:14AM
Wow they always say they signed, this guy or that guy, everytime I watch spike I see chuck liddell 50+ times. When GSP won the title all they kept saying was "when will Hughes get another shot." I don't really care if they give canada coverage, the UFC is biased towards certain fighters. Open YOUR eyes.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/13/07 1:47:11AM
yeah...awsome fight.....but what i dont get is.....why do alot of people love stand-up wars so much,but dislike boxing?....if you all would get to know the boxers and follow their careers the same way you do mma guys im sure you would fall in love with the sport too......there have been sooo many great boxing wars this year!...Just last weekend there were some great wars in the Cotto vs Judah PPV....Cotto vs Judah being one of them
kerazzle
6/13/07 2:08:45AM
great fight although I always enjoy some ground action in there as well. Its was strictly a kickboxing match. Sam Stout surprised me, showed great TD defense, awesome chin and great heart. Great fighters from here in Canada. i predicted Fisher would win though, he mixed it up like a little demon.
Nacho
6/13/07 2:17:18AM

Posted by MMA

Stout has a granite chin, that guy (almost) eat everything Fisher had to offer. He only got rocked once and he quickly recovered from it.

Yep... Sam "Chin of Stone" Stout
Ultimate_fighter
6/13/07 2:26:00AM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by cmill21

They had Nog at the last UFN and announced that he was signed... Dont be mad cause you Canadians dont get a first class ticket, that's how its always been. I dont get why Canadians are so bitter towards guys from Canada not "getting enough coverage" come on now. Open your eyes.

be quite. Take off, eh..
ac_gi
6/13/07 4:20:11AM

Posted by cmill21

The UFC doesn't seem to like us Canucks to much....

Really? UFC 58
Kastro
6/13/07 5:59:44AM
definitely was a nice fight
cowcatcher
6/13/07 8:52:32AM
was along the lines of huerta/garcia or griffen/bonnar for me. very high octane, action packed with both guys landing shots and proving that they belong in the ufc. i thought it was pretty smart of fisher not to rush in to finish in the 3rd because it seemed to me that fisher, although lightning quick(maybe quicker) had a lot less power in his shots than stout. i have to say that maybe its just that stouts chin was so F'N good that it looked like fisher didnt have a ton of power. when stout was connecting he was damaging fisher and backing him up and im glad the fight didnt end with fisher making the mistake of getting overanxious and charging in only to get caught. hell of a fight that will probably lead to a rubber match down the road, ill be tuning in for it.
thelastking
6/13/07 10:27:08AM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

be quite. Take off, eh..

Haha thats great Bob and Doug Mackenzie.
DJDark41
6/13/07 10:28:29AM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by cmill21

They announced Big Nog's signing not too long ago..And who is it bias? And yes, Anderson Silva gave Rich Franklin a nose job, and now Silva is the champ. Chuck Liddell's prefight Nyquil shots kicked in just as Rampage punched him in the face, and now Rampage is the champ. And they aren't gonna shove a guy like CroCop or Big Nog right in your face, because if you don't watch MMA, or aren't a big follower of PRIDE, you won't know them. And maybe, if you payed attention, you'd know that.
blkssncpt
6/13/07 10:33:50AM
Well i thought it was a great fight fisher looked great and i think stout was i little surprised at how much fisher had improved... it was a great way to and a good fight card. it was a great fight night.
grappler0000
6/13/07 12:27:48PM

Posted by cmill21

What you have to understand is they promoted the hell out of Crocop and look what happened. It was a waste of advertisement dollars because he didn't deliver. Besides that, the people who knew Crocop rallied behind him, while the ones that didn't were waiting to see for themselves. I think the UFC learned their lesson...let the fighters come in and showcase their talent. There are plenty of great fighters dubuting in the Octagon soon...after a fight or two, who won't like them. The point is, forcing someone down your throat won't make for an exciting fight. Wait 'til Shogun and others have a couple of matches under their belts in front of the UFC audience...people will know them.

I was confused by your final statement. How does the US general population not knowing who Shogun is result from the UFC's not liking foreign fighters. The guy hasn't even fought in the Octagon yet...are they to force the general media into reporting on someone who hasn't fought in their organization yet?
gspfan31
6/13/07 2:09:17PM
crazy fight, stout can take a punch
Jamie98s
6/13/07 2:13:26PM
How can you say Sam won the first? Fisher was pounding him, I thought sam was on the verge of getting KO'ed in the first.
grappler0000
6/13/07 2:21:22PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

why do alot of people love stand-up wars so much,but dislike boxing?

1. Because boxing doesn't have kicks, knees, and elbows.

2. Anything can happen at any time. The match could've went to the ground at anytime...the fact that it didn't doesn't make it any less exciting...but the mere range of possiblities keeps the audience on their toes.

3. It's easier to appreciate someone's will to win when they are getting hit with fists rather than padding.
Pages: [1] 2