wow.. didn't see that coming! Nogueira vs. Rameau

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » wow.. didn't see that coming! Nogueira vs. Rameau
shackle
2/24/07 10:27:00PM
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

This is a fight I thought I was sure to get the pick.

Wow what a shock.
JoeMimic
2/24/07 10:27:36PM
Yeah and I Didnt put any real money on him...unbelieveable I'd be a rich man
Kudos
2/24/07 10:28:56PM
lol. Lil Nog title shot going down the drain. We got a new rising star.
shackle
2/24/07 10:29:49PM
Yeah seems so. Rameau may get a title shot soon after that it was a dominating performance.

Damn 2-2 now! 2 shocking upsets already.

Posted by Kudos

TeamMassacre230
2/24/07 10:34:31PM
1-3, damn Nog & Trigg killed me
shackle
2/24/07 10:36:07PM
Yeah glad I decided to pick trigg even though I didn't think he would take it.

The other fight that shocked me was Travis Wiuff vs. James Lee another one I didn't see coming.

Thats MMA for ya lol

Posted by TeamMassacre230

1-3, damn Nog & Trigg killed me

Kudos
2/24/07 10:37:27PM
Same here man.
Upsets are bound to happen with the way that Pride keep putting newcomer against a top fighter. Maybe Arona should fight Sokoudjou next for a title shot.
TeamMassacre230
2/24/07 10:39:21PM
I know James Lee personally. I knew he was excited about this fight. I didn't see it ending like this. It was a lucky punch
ManBeast
2/25/07 12:21:12AM
I felt so confident in this card too...damn so many upsets.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/25/07 12:22:42AM
This sucked just about all my picks lost not to mention my two favorite fighters Gomi and Wandy.God why must it be liek this!!!
shackle
2/25/07 12:26:01AM
Yea the night for the under dogs damn I should of stuck with my 1st picks. I wished I watched the 1st wandy / hendo cause I saw that when the pride started, and wandy had a hard time with him. I knew hendo was gonna win after watching the upsets, and seeing wandy vs hendo1.

I thought I was gonna come out with a bunch of wins man was I wrong.

WAR UNDERDOGS!!
We_Todd_Did
2/25/07 12:31:35AM
I have never and will never understand all of the love that Wandy gets.I find him completely unlikeable as a person, but won't deny that he is a good fighter, which made Hendo knocking his rabid ass out that much sweeter for me.I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching someone hit the canvas that much.Good card tonight, and I almost want to personally mail Henderson a thank you card and gift package for that awesome highlight reel which I'll probably watch a million times.
shackle
2/25/07 12:32:52AM
I have to agree wandy does seem like a ass sometimes.

I think he got what he needed :)

WAR hendo!

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I have never and will never understand all of the love that Wandy gets.I find him completely unlikeable as a person, but won't deny that he is a good fighter, which made Hendo knocking his rabid ass out that much sweeter for me.I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching someone hit the canvas that much.Good card tonight, and I almost want to personally mail Henderson a thank you card and gift package for that awesome highlight reel which I'll probably watch a million times.

THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/25/07 12:33:02AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Why you dislike Wandy so much?
shackle
2/25/07 12:34:15AM
I'm guessing from the way he acts pissed off at people all the time.

And he does seem like a-hole to some people.

I kinda feel the same way, but I don't hate him.

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Posted by We_Todd_Did

mofobongo
2/25/07 12:47:40AM
Sokoudjou is gonna be a monster
hippysmacker
2/25/07 12:48:49AM
Biggedt upset in Las vegas MMA betting history ...I'd even bet on it
A 21 to 1 underdog gets a first one KO on one of the best LHVYS ib the world IMO. Un-freakin-baleeevable!
shackle
2/25/07 12:49:34AM
Yea after that it seems that way. Maybe a lucky punch... you never know...

Was a great fight though not making excuses probs to Soko!

I'm still shocked though.

Posted by mofobongo

Svartorm
2/25/07 2:27:27AM
Theres only two explinations.

1. It was a lucky shot.

2. He threw a low right kick, a high right kick, then a low right kick, and another high right kick. Nog is known to be a great amatuer boxer and trains in Cuba with the Olympic team. Potentially Rameau threw the high kicks to get Lil Nog to bob under boxing style, and threw a wild left hook. I'm leaning towards fluke, but it could also have been a masterful ploy. Clearly what Rameau need was to train with a decent school in Team Quest, as hes a physical specimen and has a ton of natural ground fighting ability, as displayed in his sparring with Hendo on his intro video.

Regardless, I wish I put $20 on him.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 2:42:06AM

Posted by mofobongo

he ALREADY is...

its funny...this is like 1 of the biggest upsets in history and it ended in 23 seconds!!

lol..its funny cuz Barnett said.."the fight ended in 23 seconds,and no we are not tying it in with the movie"

spooky if you ask me..
We_Todd_Did
2/26/07 3:08:41AM

Posted by shackle

I'm guessing from the way he acts pissed off at people all the time.

And he does seem like a-hole to some people.

I kinda feel the same way, but I don't hate him.

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I dislike Wandy basically for the reasons which Shackle stated.I understand that he is an exciting fighter, but I recall a thread in Sherdog a while back about people feeling bad for a fighter, and people kept mentioning feeling soo sad when Wandy got KO'ed by Crocop.He makes almost all of his fights personal, and he grabs ropes and tries to stomp peoples skulls in!How bad can you possibly feel for a guy like that?When Rampage challenged him for his belt (in a totally non-disrespectful way,IMO) he jumped in the ring and threw what appeared to be a total roid rage!I know,these are fighters, not politicians or PR reps, but they're still ambassadors for a sport which is trying to gain mainstream acceptance, and I think he is a piss-poor representative at that.Many better fighters carry themselves with much more honor and modesty.
Stickan
2/26/07 11:35:18AM

Posted by shackle

Yeah seems so. Rameau may get a title shot soon after that it was a dominating performance.

Damn 2-2 now! 2 shocking upsets already.

Posted by Kudos

I think you're exaggerating a little.. or actually a lot. There was no domination. Sokoudju(sp?) just caught Lil Nog with a good punch on the right spot.

It barely said anything about the guy. I don't think we got a new rising star but I like to see him in the future. He's got to prove himself a few more times and spend a longer time in the ring before I get my hopes up for this dude.

I don't think Jason Lee will be the next big thing either.