Wow...just checked out a Schizophrenia simulator...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Wow...just checked out a Schizophrenia simulator...
emfleek
10/21/08 2:07:28PM
Veeeeeeeeerry weird. If any of you ever get the chance to check this out, do it. It'll give you a brief 6 or 7 minute glimpse at what it's like to live with Schizophrenia. The online version is different than the actual simulator. The simulator also simulates smells (coffee, pizza, etc.) and wind effects.

Again, check it out if you can. A drug rep brought it in to our office today and after doing it, I have a whole new outlook on what it must be like.

MINDSTORM
haggiswashere
10/21/08 9:34:17PM
freakin trippy. that would be a living hell
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/22/08 1:27:34AM
that's creepy. wish i coulda done it

nastshabast
10/22/08 1:44:04AM
wow. I work part time for a rehabilitation center and one of the guys is a schizo. I'm not sure he hears voices but he throws up gang signs and shit to random people. Always a crip or a blood, depending on what day it is(i'm not even kidding) That video is very ****** up. It actually made me feel uncomfortable. Can you imagine a person living like that for two days, a week or a month.
haggiswashere
10/22/08 5:15:20AM

Posted by nastshabast

wow. I work part time for a rehabilitation center and one of the guys is a schizo. I'm not sure he hears voices but he throws up gang signs and shit to random people. Always a crip or a blood, depending on what day it is(i'm not even kidding) That video is very ****** up. It actually made me feel uncomfortable. Can you imagine a person living like that for two days, a week or a month.

i agree. its so freakin sad. like when he was gonna answer the door for pizza because of what i was hearing i felt myself not wanting him to open it. sounds dumb but ya. like i said. living hell
cowcatcher
10/22/08 7:38:38AM
after my friend was diagnosed with this about 13 years ago some of us went to the medical college upon his moms request and they had something similar. we were all young and thinking he was just acting stupid to get attention or something but after that i dont think any of us thought that way anymore, it was downright frightening. im not really friends with the guy anymore(not that i dont like him, he just cut himself off) unfortunately because he is so far gone, and its hard to keep in touch with someone that has lost touch with everyone he knew and wants it that way. for a few years we tried to maintain a relationship with the guy but there were just too many issues on his end that he made himself scarce and eventually he moved and we didnt know where to find him. its a scary scary disease man.
emfleek
10/22/08 10:31:33AM
It's definitely sad. But for the record...what's portrayed in the simulator IS NOT what everyone with Schizophrenia experiences.

According to the drug rep I was speaking with, she said that they had some schizo patients try the simulator when they were on their meds and a lot (not all) of them agreed that it was pretty close to what they experience when they're off their meds.

Mental health disorders are NOT a joke. I know a lot of people think they are (as was evident during the conversations taking place after Rampage's incident). This is just another educational tool that can be utilized in order to educate the non-believers.