WOW

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » WOW
Next Page »
poll77
3/19/07 9:09:37AM
Anyone play world of warcraft? A friend of mine talked me into buying it and I have now realized it is the most addicting game I have ever played. I stared friday afternoon and have already logged almost 23 hours haha and i still made it out to the bars friday and saturday night. I think my life has been taken over...
madmarck
3/19/07 11:10:53AM

Posted by poll77

Anyone play world of warcraft? A friend of mine talked me into buying it and I have now realized it is the most addicting game I have ever played. I stared friday afternoon and have already logged almost 23 hours haha and i still made it out to the bars friday and saturday night. I think my life has been taken over...

You screwed. I know people who have failed school from playing that game. Its insane. i have even heard of people getting the shakes when trying to quit. Destroy it now while you still can.
Stickan
3/19/07 11:27:14AM
Yea it's sick. I read in a swedish newspaper a few weeks ago that an american man and a swedish woman just got married here in sweden. Apparently they met each other on WoW and the man then moved in with her so it wouldn't lag as bad when they played. And now they're married
madmarck
3/19/07 11:37:23AM

Posted by Stickan

Yea it's sick. I read in a swedish newspaper a few weeks ago that an american man and a swedish woman just got married here in sweden. Apparently they met each other on WoW and the man then moved in with her so it wouldn't lag as bad when they played. And now they're married

Wow. Thats a strange place to meet a girl. Playing video games. I wouldnt have guess that could have happened but i guess anything is possible.
loller90278
3/19/07 3:10:20PM
"Massively multiplayer addiction is a real phenomenon, and it's one that's being taken increasingly seriously by medical professionals. Facilities are being set up to combat it all over the world: Washington, Bejing, and most famously at the Smith & Jones addiction consultancy in the Netherlands. Smith & Jones compares the symptoms of MMO withdrawal to those characteristic of chemical dependence, and offers a detox program followed up with a series of real-life activities intended to replace the excitement of playing MMOs with equally engaging experiences that don't require 60-hour-a-week commitments.

Closer to home, more traditional avenues of support are available to those who feel their MMO habits are getting the better of them. Maressa Hecht Orzack, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and Director of the Computer Addiction Study Center at McLean Hospital in Belmont, MA, hears from six or seven people a day seeking treatment for gaming addictions. "Look at the fact that World of Warcraft now has eight million people playing it. Even if there are just five or 10 percent who can't stop, that's a large percentage, and I hear from a lot of them."

Dr. Orzack sees similarities between MMO addiction and more traditional behavior disorders such as compulsive gambling. "The same reward center in the brain is tapped -- the dopamine system. Gambling has all the components that go with these games," she explains, citing Solitaire as a simpler example of a game that can also lead to compulsive behavior. "

i've lost many a friends to WoW.
/pours a 40 on the ground for dead homies
Ydoc
3/19/07 6:52:23PM
My brother tried it once... it just seemed overwhelming; you can't just pick it up and play it without screwing up your guy. Seemed more like a choir to him so he quit after the free trial. I never bothered, I'm fine playing Rakion whenever the mood for online gaming strikes me.
FBD
3/19/07 10:42:25PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU
crimethinc
3/19/07 11:21:22PM
I've always been a big fantasy game and RPG nerd and I've fully embraced online gaming and I still couldn't get into WoW.
Svartorm
3/20/07 12:44:30AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by poll77

You screwed. I know people who have failed school from playing that game. Its insane. i have even heard of people getting the shakes when trying to quit. Destroy it now while you still can.

My cousin quit his job to play it more. He quit his job when Diablo 2 came out as well. hehehe

As for myself and the online RPG thing, two things stop me. Dial-up, and the knowledge that I'm highly addicted to those kind of games. I need to get in shape to fight in June, so I don't need that kind of distraction now.
Ydoc
3/20/07 12:51:40AM
After reading what Sva said it reminded of something I read about Jens Pulver being a high level in WoW. Wonder if that hurt him in his last fight.
poll77
3/20/07 2:21:40AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by madmarck

Posted by poll77

My cousin quit his job to play it more. He quit his job when Diablo 2 came out as well. hehehe

As for myself and the online RPG thing, two things stop me. Dial-up, and the knowledge that I'm highly addicted to those kind of games. I need to get in shape to fight in June, so I don't need that kind of distraction now.

where are you fighting???
Svartorm
3/20/07 2:37:27AM
In the Thunderdome. Tina Turner is going down.
CWall33
3/20/07 6:39:15AM
I'm a huge fan of Fantasy RPGs, but I've avoided War-crack for the reasons others have mentioned.

Can't get addicted to it if I don't know what I'm missing. I'll stick to single player RPGs, thank you.

Oblivion rules.

madmarck
3/20/07 9:44:10AM

Posted by FBD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

wow that is terrible

Posted by Ydoc

After reading what Sva said it reminded of something I read about Jens Pulver being a high level in WoW. Wonder if that hurt him in his last fight.

hahahahaahah thats awesome

this is pretty intense too. Some kid playing Halo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3atx7Jm-jvI
contains lots of screaming and some kid swearing at a TV.
DoTheMMAth
3/20/07 12:09:10PM
Do not play this game... it is intentionally designed to be never-ending and fun. It will ruin your life. I've quit the game, twice.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/20/07 7:37:12PM
I have the WOW patch on my arm as we speak...
hcazlekker
3/20/07 7:56:50PM
I wasted two years of my life playing Everquest. I would skip meals just so I could grind till the next level or catch a rare MOB pop. I was 5'8" at the time and down to 123lbs.

I have EQ friends who have made the transition to WoW. They are still trying get me to play.

I could never get into another MMORPG. I'm liking my current physique way to much. Being 163lbs at 5'9" aint too bad I suppose.
Gladiator
3/20/07 8:13:35PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Do not play this game... it is intentionally designed to be never-ending and fun. It will ruin your life. I've quit the game, twice.

lol, its true the power this game has over people is amzing... and scary. i've never played it but one of my friends had me snap his WOW disc in half so it would stop consuming so much of his life
loller90278
3/21/07 1:22:29AM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by DoTheMMAth

lol, its true the power this game has over people is amzing... and scary. i've never played it but one of my friends had me snap his WOW disc in half so it would stop consuming so much of his life

WoW... when reality just cant quite cut it!
madmarck
3/21/07 8:14:55AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by DoTheMMAth

WoW... when reality just cant quite cut it!

Not even taht man. Ive seen people go down in their primes.
This game affects all middle-rich kids.
mmadb
3/21/07 1:32:42PM
I'm an experienced MMO player. I played EQ for wayyyy too long back in the day but I still have friends today I met through that game and have nothing but fond memories of my time playing.

I made the transition to WoW like most of the EQ players I knew but the game to this day has never hooked me in like EQ did. I play WoW mainly because a few of my friends do and it is a good game but I don't find myself jonesing to play. It's the drive to be end game that gets people hooked and addicted. I had that in EQ and my grades payed for it in school at one point but if you're not a complete retard it's not that hard to walk away.

As for people meeting through the game and getting married and all that. Although horribly gay it's not that rare. Hell, it is pretty much a giant chat room and people develop strong relationships. Hell, my old guild from EQ has a yearly BBQ in Vegas still to do this day that will get around 20 to 40 attendees I think, I've never actually gone. I don't like them that much lol.

Long story short. If you have no will power do no play this game. If you easily get addicted to anything, chocolate, crack, alcohol, penis...do not play this game.

If you need something to do to kill more time than you can measure on a calendar then this is the game for you.

Oh, and if you like being single and masturbating on a regular basis this is the game for you.
hippysmacker
3/21/07 1:59:53PM
I liked starcraft and played warcraft 3 a lot. Mostly I liked the warcraft 3 hero games like DOTA and Rival nations. That way a game actually ends, it was still addcitive, but stoppable. I stayed at my mom's house for 3 months a couple of years ago when my escrow was closing ,and saw my lil bro become obsessed by it for a while. My bro and his best freind play WOW for 14 hours straight one day I decided to never start. I literally went to work and came home -still playing-went to the gym and home-still playing- watched TV,ate dinner, showered -STILL playing! I checked on them multiple times and they were uncommunicative zombies by the time I went to bed. Crazy
madmarck
3/21/07 3:05:32PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I liked starcraft and played warcraft 3 a lot. Mostly I liked the warcraft 3 hero games like DOTA and Rival nations. That way a game actually ends, it was still addcitive, but stoppable. I stayed at my mom's house for 3 months a couple of years ago when my escrow was closing ,and saw my lil bro become obsessed by it for a while. My bro and his best freind play WOW for 14 hours straight one day I decided to never start. I literally went to work and came home -still playing-went to the gym and home-still playing- watched TV,ate dinner, showered -STILL playing! I checked on them multiple times and they were uncommunicative zombies by the time I went to bed. Crazy

Starcraft was the stuff man. There are still some hardcore players of that. Although its hard to find the good maps nowadays.

mmab
masturbating on a regular basis

Its one thing to knock gaming. But dont insult the world.
mmadb
3/22/07 11:27:32AM

Posted by madmarck

mmab
masturbating on a regular basis

Its one thing to knock gaming. But dont insult the world.

I was just speaking from personal experience
loonytnt
7/15/07 12:26:12AM
i like the game i play it,i got 3 kids a job and i fight.....lol i play 1hr maybe 30min im not to bad
Northrend
7/15/07 2:07:19AM
Lol I used to play WoW and was addicted..now I quit and am playing another game since WoW got boring. I did meet some MMA fans and would bet ingame gold on fights lol.
masodd
7/16/07 10:26:57PM
my friend bought it but he and i aint played it yet but his cousin is a game freak and he said its the best game ever it looks insane tho
Northrend
7/16/07 11:19:25PM
Oh btw my name is from a location in Warcraft
iwannabesedated
7/17/07 8:39:02PM
Ive never been a fan of RPG games...i really enjoyed the hell out of Final Fantasy 7 tho..Me and My buddy stayed up all night for a whole weekend beating that game breeding those damn chocobos to get the summon knights of the round table....after that i realized what am i doing...ive never played WOW but i did the south park episode....frickin hilarious

IM NOT AN ARTARD..hahaha
zephead
7/17/07 8:40:25PM
I thought this was gonna be on the Women Of Wrestling
Pages: [1] 2