Wow!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wow!
« Previous Page | Next Page »
JunCTion
3/4/07 1:27:47AM

Posted by loller90278

you win the $500 (real money) for points right ?

either way, i'm no where close to winning

but my ratio to picked wins to losses aint so bad!

this is basically my practice season. and right now i seem to be practicing very poorly. hopefully by next season theyll have money for points and wealth
Reignofterror
3/4/07 1:30:19AM
I HAVE CRAPPED MYSELF IN ASTONISHMENT I THINK MY HEART JUST IMPLODED INSIDE MY CHEST!!!

If there was one man I could call hero Randy Couture is damn well one of them!!
JunCTion
3/4/07 1:30:21AM

Posted by MartyMorgy

This means we don't have to see anymore Tim Sylvia commercials right?

yeah, i hate when they show him doing that foot stomp and all the flab on his body is waving around in the wind
loller90278
3/4/07 1:40:51AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by loller90278

i like how everyone basically got rich off of me ....
tim sylvia you timber tree P.O.S do something besides get dominated for 25 minutes.. at least throw 1 jab or a kick

ill wager with you for UFN9. i want to get rich too

let me check out the card and i'll PM you my choices.. i'm not bad at pickin fights (look at my record) but i bet all my money (mostly) on the upsets tha happen.
PITBULL2
3/4/07 1:50:10AM
That might have been the best or most exciting UFC fight I will ever see. I am in awe.
JunCTion
3/4/07 1:54:33AM

Posted by PITBULL2

That might have been the best or most exciting UFC fight I will ever see. I am in awe.

randy did exactly what he said he would

tim did nothing that he said he would

"he's 43, I'm 30"? respect your elders tim
Trapt1nw0nder
3/4/07 3:03:04AM
im so happy Randy won...me and my friends we cheering like hell....i picked Sylvia to win...and i really Doubted Randy Couture....but just like Dana White.....

F%CK THAT SH!T!!!...IM DONE COUNTING RANDY OUT!!!!!

I love the guy.....everyone please...go into your profile and add Randy Couture to your Favorites list...i know i am!

..i lost $700 on Sobral man!....(the only fight i bet on)

but i still have a great record ....im make up for it when i take Hippy's money soon
SteedTheDeed
3/4/07 4:31:52AM
and down goes sylvia!!!
Rampage_Soldier
3/4/07 4:50:55AM
Randy is the f'n man...did you hear Eddie Bravo talk about the fight saying Couture, "completely dominated and complete ownage" against Tim. I knew Randy could do it...he figured Tim out and knew what he had to do and did it. That first right hook that knocked down Tim immediately put him out of his game. Tim seemed scared to make a big move fearing the inevitable takedowns. How about that left eye of Tim? Swollen shut. I only wish I bet more on Randy...darnit. Congrats, to the new HW champ...
Trapt1nw0nder
3/4/07 5:04:54AM
you see the difference between Randy and Sylvia?

randy had the whole first 4 round in the bank and he was still in Sylvia's face the whole 5th round too....he could of easily stayed back and coasted to a victory,but he fought to finish and win....not to not lose

Props for Randy for that!
madmarck
3/4/07 9:26:34AM

Posted by MMA

Hmm, Tim said he was injured ...

Don't know what I should think of this.

Every fighter says they are injured now a days if they win or lose a fight. Espically if they lose. Waht is up with this. Why the excuses.
Props to Kenflo for backing out of his first fight with Sherk. If you arent at least at 90% you shouldnt fight.
But cmon David Terrel now thats just way to many injuries to be a concidence.
MMA
3/4/07 9:57:03AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

im so happy Randy won...me and my friends we cheering like hell....i picked Sylvia to win...and i really Doubted Randy Couture....but just like Dana White.....

F%CK THAT SH!T!!!...IM DONE COUNTING RANDY OUT!!!!!

I love the guy.....everyone please...go into your profile and add Randy Couture to your Favorites list...i know i am!

..i lost $700 on Sobral man!....(the only fight i bet on)

but i still have a great record ....im make up for it when i take Hippy's money soon

Man, I am done counting out Couture. That guy is the f*cking man!

He schooled Tim in the stand-up and was relentless in his takedowns. Tim had no answers for him. When I watched the first 10s of the fight when Couture rocked Tim, I was speechless. The whole 25min fight was unbelievable!

I know the votes were 72% for Couture, but I bet a lot of it was because of Tim haters. But damn, I can't believe Couture was able to pull off the craziest upsets in UFC history at 43 yrs-old. I personally would have liked to see him spank Tim like he did with Ortiz.
madmarck
3/4/07 10:03:04AM
Randy should make it his trademark to spank all the assholes he dominates.
uhlsc
3/4/07 12:01:20PM
Props to randy i picked him to win and had some money on him and never doubted for a minute. with that being said watching randy bob and weave and destroy Tim in the stand-up game take him down at will and do damage from the guard is not what I thought would go down. At 43 or any age Randy couture is a man among boys. And I never thought I would say this but Props to big Timmy that dude has one hell of a tough chin i would love to see the numbers on how many clean headshots Randy landed.
AchillesHeel
3/4/07 12:07:45PM
I'm still speechless...

aceprone
3/4/07 12:18:30PM
I slept comfortable lastnight, knowing that Captain America had the belt safetly at his side.

I'm going to go out on a limp here and say that the punch that knocked Tim Sylvia down in the first 30 seconds of the fight, is one of the greatest punches ever thrown in MMA history. Watching that punch in slow motion and seeing Randy Couture put all his might in that one punch, is one of the greatest things ever captured on camara.

cowcatcher
3/4/07 12:29:11PM
I don't care that my record has taken a dump over the last 2 events or that i lost money on sylvia because captain america is the champ again. as much as i, and others, counted randy out i think the vast majority of us really wanted to see him win. now my stats on here stink but the world is right because we have a superhero as ufc champ and i cant stop smiling thinking about it......from punch #1 to the buzzer he dominated, wow....perfect thread title.
Kazmierz21
3/4/07 12:41:50PM
That match made it worth the money to watch alone - I wish he had fought the same type of fight against Chuck - what I'd like to see happen now is have Chuck bulk up to take on Randy at HW and try and hold two belts like Hendo - I hope Sylvia takes this loss hard and fades into obscurity (although he probably won't)
madmarck
3/4/07 1:01:48PM

Posted by aceprone

I slept comfortable lastnight, knowing that Captain America had the belt safetly at his side.

I'm going to go out on a limp here and say that the punch that knocked Tim Sylvia down in the first 30 seconds of the fight, is one of the greatest punches ever thrown in MMA history. Watching that punch in slow motion and seeing Randy Couture put all his might in that one punch, is one of the greatest things ever captured on camara.

It totally ruined Tim too. I think he saw it coming and said "oh shit im really F*cked now.
Nacho
3/4/07 1:31:29PM
Tim is never going to get that belt back. Bwaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah! He must feel pretty naked right now. Too bad, so sad. I lost any and all respect for Tim during the Munson fight. I wish I bet more on Randy. Never bet against Captain America! Randy- Practice ducking LHKs now! You are everyone's hero! As someone said earlier, Tim- never disrespect your elders (especially Couture).
madmarck
3/4/07 1:52:58PM

Posted by Nacho

Tim is never going to get that belt back. Bwaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah! He must feel pretty naked right now. Too bad, so sad. I lost any and all respect for Tim during the Munson fight. I wish I bet more on Randy. Never bet against Captain America! Randy- Practice ducking LHKs now! You are everyone's hero! As someone said earlier, Tim- never disrespect your elders (especially Couture).

Yeah in order to win he is gonna have to beat either Arlovksi, Werdum, Cro Cop, or at the very least Randy couture (j/k at he max he is the man).
disorderlyvision
3/4/07 2:11:41PM

Posted by MMA

Randy Couture dominated Tim Sylvia.

That is fcking insane! I wanted Couture to win, but I betted on Sylvia ... now I regret so. =(

exactly, i was rooting for couture, but i didnt think he would overcome the reach advantage so i picked sylvia to win. shoulda figured though, randy is always pulling off the upsets
madmarck
3/4/07 2:56:34PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by MMA

Randy Couture dominated Tim Sylvia.

That is fcking insane! I wanted Couture to win, but I betted on Sylvia ... now I regret so. =(

exactly, i was rooting for couture, but i didnt think he would overcome the reach advantage so i picked sylvia to win. shoulda figured though, randy is always pulling off the upsets

Same here. From now on im going with my gut feeling not my brain.
teamquestnorth
3/4/07 3:06:36PM
now all we need is for lindland to somehow take care of fedor and team quest will reign supreme with the 3 best fighters in the world. ok randys in vegas now but oh well. i wish we could bet on bodog fight. i would put all my money on lindland i swear to god
Ydoc
3/4/07 3:53:28PM

Posted by Nacho

Randy- Practice ducking LHKs now! You are everyone's hero!

That reminds me... Couture's headmovement was off the hook. I can't recall the last time I saw him weaving and bobbing like that... which brings up a question: If the LHK misses how vulnerable does that leave CroCop?
ButterBalls
3/4/07 4:12:23PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Nacho

That reminds me... Couture's headmovement was off the hook. I can't recall the last time I saw him weaving and bobbing like that... which brings up a question: If the LHK misses how vulnerable does that leave CroCop?

I was just going to say the same thing, he was moving like a boxer last night and looked simply amazing.

But I still don't think he can dodge the LHK all night. Crocop is alot faster and a lot more accurate than Timmaay.
Gogoplata
3/4/07 4:12:32PM
I was lucky enough to be at the event last night and what an amazing night it was. Randy's gameplan was absolutely perfect, he stood in the pocket with Tim, dodged his jabs, and countered with huge shots of his own. And when the time was right, took Tim down and used the standard Team Quest G'n'P on Tim's punk ass.

Although I wanted CroCop to be the one to end Tim's reign, I will gladly take the beating and domination that Randy put on Tim last night. Completely amazing!

On a side note, I sure hope Rich wasn't BS'n last night when he said they will bring the Middleweight Title rematch to Cincinnati!

WAR UFC IN CINCY!
migo
3/4/07 5:24:21PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Nacho

When someone has head movement like that, I set it up with jabs and follow with a high kick. Couture's gonna have to change his game plan for a fight with CC.
poll77
3/4/07 6:00:42PM

Posted by MMA

Hmm, Tim said he was injured ...

Don't know what I should think of this.

he's gotta have some sort of an excuse because in his mind he can't lose
xchickox
3/4/07 8:46:40PM
only just seen this fight with being in the uk but that was phenomenal...how unexpected was that first punch...amazing

i knew in my heart randy would take this...just had that feeling...such a good night...randy as the heavyweight champ again...so happy
Pages: 1 [2] 3