Worst kept secret in sports is finally out: McGwire admits steroid use

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Worst kept secret in sports is finally out: McGwire admits steroid use
cowcatcher
1/11/10 4:01:18PM
link

at least hes admitting it, but its a little late. i guess tony larussa saying he might have him on the playoff roster this season was the straw that broke the camels back .
bojangalz
1/11/10 4:49:50PM
When I heard that LaRusa was considering Mac for the roster my intitial feeling was that it would postpone his HOF eligibility for 5 years and hopefully things would be smoothed over enough by then to get Mac in the door. Now given the recent events I'm fairly certain that's whats going on.
emfleek
1/11/10 5:17:58PM
I hope this helps his chances of getting in. He was always one of my favorites to watch as a kid.
DCRage
1/11/10 5:44:40PM
It just means perhaps we can finally move on. He's still years away from the Hall. 5-7 years at least.
Pookie
1/11/10 5:48:58PM
Go Mark!

Id take steroids in his position too, and welcome the criticisms. The guy secured his family for life at the expense of his body and the collective perception upon him for "cheating". Putting it out there im sure will help him get over much of the inner turmoil that im sure he feels.

Go Mark!
warglory
1/11/10 6:45:47PM
Someone who admits to steroids or is proven to have used steroids, should not be eligible for a hall of fame, regardless of what sport it is.
NeaRMisS
1/11/10 10:06:34PM

Posted by warglory

Someone who admits to steroids or is proven to have used steroids, should not be eligible for a hall of fame, regardless of what sport it is.

To a certain extent I agree with you. Although, Hand eye cordination isn't developed due to steroid use. He was still an amazing player, steroids did however give him that nudge to put him into the record books at that pace. I hope he still makes the HoF. This is also coming from someone that wants Pete Rose to make the HoF. Best of luck...
Sm0tP0ker
1/12/10 8:29:38AM
shocking