Worst season ever

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Worst season ever
Jackelope
12/13/10 12:26:24AM
I'm officially having my worst season ever right now. 50% on my picks. My career % has dropped 2% this season. I'm not sure if it's because I don't pay as much attention to MMA anymore on account of my career or if it's just a tough season. But damn it's hurting my MMAPG ego, lol. What do you all think? Tough season or I'm just losing my ability to pick fights?
telnights
12/13/10 2:10:39AM
Yeah I'm having a tough season as well.
Shawn91111
12/13/10 2:41:49AM
Mod status has gone to your heads
jiujitsufreak74
12/13/10 3:17:24AM
not just you. i had my worst season last season and this season is only getting worse. as MMA gets bigger the talent level is getting more even. more good fighters means closer fights.

i mean it also has to do with me paying slightly less attention to my picks since ive been in college, but after seeing event after ebent go by im fairly certain it has to do with closer fights.
tcunningham
12/13/10 3:33:46AM
i think it has to do with not paying as much attention. i know when i half ass my picks i always get a sh!tload wrong.
SpiderSilva
12/13/10 9:38:38AM
yeah i feel the pain I'm not saying always pick em right but I've had 2 of my worst events this season and sitting @ 50% myself. and dropped 2% career wise on picks
emfleek
12/13/10 9:43:55AM
I've sucked for the past 2 seasons. It's driving me nuts. When finalizing my picks, I'm *always* 100% I'm picking the right guys/finishes...and then I end up with a 6-5 record with 40 points. Highly discouraging.
sbulldavid
12/13/10 10:05:57AM
Fights are tougher to pick than they used to be. A few seasons back i went 10-1 on the last week and that's what got me to .500 for the season. Going into that season I had picked 69 percent of my fights right, since then 63 percent has been my best season.
kopower
12/13/10 10:35:50AM
I'm right there with you. I agree that it's probably a combination of new talent and for me, not enough time to research the different match ups. I've dropped a few percentage points as well. I used to correctly pick fights at a steady 66-67% pace.
scoozna
12/13/10 11:57:30AM
*cough* bad *cough* judging *cough*....

Seriously tho...It has been a rough season, I agree.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/13/10 2:47:06PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm officially having my worst season ever right now. 50% on my picks. My career % has dropped 2% this season. I'm not sure if it's because I don't pay as much attention to MMA anymore on account of my career or if it's just a tough season. But damn it's hurting my MMAPG ego, lol. What do you all think? Tough season or I'm just losing my ability to pick fights?

No, you just suck I went 10-1 on the "first event" and am having my best season to date.

I imagine I won't keep this up, though.
SmileR
12/13/10 3:04:51PM
Same with me, man! The last two seasons I've sucked! I'm blaming Joe Silva for all of this!
Jackelope
12/13/10 3:25:13PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Wow dude.. is this really necessary? I can't even remember the last time I warned someone let alone banned somebody. Get a grip, dude. Sadly I have actually defended you in the past privately amongst mods. Guess I was wrong about you and I won't be doing that anymore.

Anyways- towards everyone else I do think the matchups have been a lot tougher and certainly there have been some bad judging decisions. I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one who is having a rough season. Holy crap man I feel like I'm letting my camp down big time
BlueSkiesBurn
12/13/10 3:31:37PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Shawn91111

Wow dude.. is this really necessary? I can't even remember the last time I warned someone let alone banned somebody. Get a grip, dude. Sadly I have actually defended you in the past privately amongst mods. Guess I was wrong about you and I won't be doing that anymore.

Anyways- towards everyone else I do think the matchups have been a lot tougher and certainly there have been some bad judging decisions. I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one who is having a rough season. Holy crap man I feel like I'm letting my camp down big time

You could always tank the season and shoot for the number 1 overall draft pick next season.
emfleek
12/14/10 1:42:18PM
cowcatcher
12/14/10 2:02:08PM
FlashyG
12/14/10 2:15:10PM
Words don't do justice to just how bad I've done this season and last.

The first event getting wiped really bugged me at the time, but it spared me losing all the money I made on that parlay on the next event.

I managed to get EVERY single bet I made wrong. Then I repeated the feat this weekend.
ncordless
12/14/10 2:49:45PM
When the game first started, there were some tough months where favorite after favorite was beat.

But these last two seasons, I have noticed a drastic decline in pick percentages. People who used to rock a 68-70% now are lucky to get 63%. I think it has everything to do with more even matchmaking in the UFC and the constant influx of new talent.
Rabi
12/14/10 2:57:22PM
LOL! Im having my best season ever, I hit all my bets at UFC 124 and if you look at my stats for this season you can see how well Im doing, Ive always been steady on my picks but rubbish on my wagers, I just hope I can keep it up.
DCRage
12/14/10 8:59:01PM
This is the season of the upset special.
Cdellorso
12/14/10 9:01:17PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Shawn91111

????? I must be missing something here- maybe you should hug it out....

anyway its crazy tough now - its way better talent and guys are working harder and better game planning...and the cough crappy cough cough inconsistant cough judging.....

Pookie
12/19/10 12:25:41AM
Yup, i use to pride myself at staying above 2-1 for wins and losses, but now im 22 fights under. These last seasons have been rigorous.
xtra_chewy
12/20/10 9:07:31PM
Its definately a combination of closer/more competitive fights and the new wave of fighters coming in to the organizations. It will only get more competitive, but I guess thats what makes MMA fun to watch IMO. Favorites/underdogs dont mean a thing to me anymore....