Worst Nickname Ever

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Worst Nickname Ever
Rush
3/25/07 12:46:36AM
Ok, I am not a fan of nick names. In most cases I think nick names should be earned over years of competition and should be related to the fighter's style.

Some of them just make sense like Randy "The Natural" Couture. Though I think his last name is more indicative of himself (meaning one of a kind)

Then there are the nicknames that I think miss the mark, like Josh Koshcheck (Kos) I've heard it called out at 'koss', but personally I think it is supposed to be (or should be) K-os as in chaos.

Then there are the nicknames that are just plain stupid. Here is one that I came across.

Dave "Don't Make Me Smack You With a Wet Noodle" Smith

jdubs
3/25/07 1:07:39AM
twinkle toes... just sooo gay, and it does not help him having that homosexual nude pic of him out there
migo
3/25/07 2:35:52AM
Doesn't matter if people think he's gay because his wife painted his toenails. He's getting ass regardless of what forum goers think. At least twinkle toes is creative.

Chris "The Crippler" Leben is stupid, it was cool when he was "The Catsmasher"
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/25/07 2:53:11AM
I personally thin the baby faced assasin and the muscle shark are really gay names. However, I would never say that to thier faces!
loller90278
3/25/07 3:52:23AM
well heres my FAVORITE

Vladimir THE JANITOR Matyushenko!
Svartorm
3/25/07 4:41:58AM
"Ho Bag" is still the worst. You can find him on fightfinder. Hes 0-10, and I don't think hes lasted more than a minute with anyone.
Stickan
3/25/07 7:30:47AM
Most nicknames suck. I hate the long ones like "the worlds most dangerous man" and "the huntington beach bad boy".
"boogeyman" is another horrible one.

grappler0000
3/25/07 8:14:41AM
Ho Bag...that's classic. I can't get over that.

I'm fairly certain that one is fake though. With Ho Bag aside, my vote goes to "The Athlete". I thought nicknames were supposed to intimidate their opponents...not very scary at all.
madmarck
3/25/07 10:04:29AM

Posted by jdubs

twinkle toes... just sooo gay, and it does not help him having that homosexual nude pic of him out there

I think its from him being a Olympic Alternate for Gymnastics. Yeah not very tough.
crimethinc
3/25/07 1:15:28PM
Josh "Bring the Pain" Haynes. and anyone called the "TUF Killer."

PS there was already a thread like this.
Lay_N_Pray
3/25/07 4:37:24PM
I don't necessarily hate it, but I never understood David "The Crow" Louiseau, why would you call yourself The Crow
richieb19
3/25/07 4:40:21PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I don't necessarily hate it, but I never understood David "The Crow" Louiseau, why would you call yourself The Crow

Oiseau means bird, and he got the name in highschool playing football I believe...
migo
3/25/07 5:17:48PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by jdubs

I think its from him being a Olympic Alternate for Gymnastics. Yeah not very tough.

It's because his wife did sparkly nail polish on his toes before the fights. Most fighters us clear nail polish to protect the cuticles.
Rush
3/25/07 5:24:03PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Oiseau means bird, and he got the name in highschool playing football I believe...

Hi last name sounds like "the bird" (Le Oiseau) and he is black. Crows are black birds.
Ultimate_fighter
3/25/07 9:33:00PM
Well.. I think the worst of the worst is Keith " Dean Of Mean " Jardine
It rhymes and its just terrible
tyo
3/25/07 10:19:46PM
Marvin "the beastman" Eastman
pv3Hpv3p
3/26/07 11:13:49AM
"The Soul Assasine" - that's just stupid

"Gumby" - c'mon...
tyo
3/26/07 11:37:00AM
jason "strange brew" thacker

even though he was given the name by tuf 1 members.

actually i kind of enjoy that nick name
ffforgottenx
3/26/07 12:00:48PM
the dean of mean = the worst nickname ever

i couldnt believe a good fighter like jardine would use such a retarded nickname.. hes better off as just keith jardine