Probably the worst MMA record ??? ...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Probably the worst MMA record ??? ...
LightsOUT23
3/25/12 2:20:59PM
Searching through some fighter records, found this guy, does anyone know who he is ... ??

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Matt-Anderson-23961
pmoney
3/25/12 2:32:48PM
I have no clue who this guy is. Some glutton for punishment though! Contrary to what I always thought, getting knocked out repeatedly must be either really fun or lucrative.
sbulldavid
3/25/12 3:45:30PM
How could a fighter be so unlucky, eventually everybody wins, he's fought some decent fighters he's just a game fighter I guess or maybe he quits easy.
BeeR
3/25/12 4:55:49PM
this guy

He's even been submitted before the fight happens, more then once!
LuckyCharms
3/25/12 5:44:11PM

Posted by BeeR

this guy

How is that even possible ? lol
tcunningham
3/25/12 6:35:15PM
i dont know what it takes to submit a fighter to sherdog, but sometimes i think these guys arent even real. i know several fighters that have huge mistakes on their records on sherdog. i just dont trust that website. i think maybe people make a fake fighter then say that he's been beaten by a real fighter in order to get the real fighter more fights on his record. just a hunch.
jae_1833
3/25/12 6:50:57PM
For the guys finished with no round or time listed its just because that wasn't reported to the commission or to Sherdog. Not sure which one but they don't always get all the info that is for sure. Still one of the best sites for checking out stats.
Bubbles
3/25/12 8:27:48PM

Posted by tcunningham

i dont know what it takes to submit a fighter to sherdog, but sometimes i think these guys arent even real. i know several fighters that have huge mistakes on their records on sherdog. i just dont trust that website. i think maybe people make a fake fighter then say that he's been beaten by a real fighter in order to get the real fighter more fights on his record. just a hunch.

then how do you explain Guillard's sherdog record and the one the UFC shows in its graphic when he fights? the UFC adds like 20 wins to his record
tcunningham
3/25/12 11:48:04PM
there are just to many differences and discrepancies in sherdog's stats for me to use them as a reliable source. i still use them to see who fighters are sometimes, but i just cant trust them. i dont know how to explain melvin's record, obviously sherdog has missed some fights or whatever.
Kpro
3/26/12 10:30:35AM

Posted by BeeR

this guy

haha. Not with this particular guy, but I've seen many instances where FightFinder lists a round 1 or 0 submission with time N/A, then found the video online and it was like a 3rd round armbar or something.

Unless they have the exact time, then don't even trust the round column, because they're just making things up because they're not sure.
Bubbles
3/26/12 3:49:14PM
Shawn Nolan 6-46
Matt Albright 3-24
Tim Willis 0-18 (check out his second fight, also fought on consecutive nights)
Kurt Jamison 1-14
Dan Wheatley 2-25
Nate Kopel 0-10 (6 losses to the same guy)
Scott Blevins 0-17 (Link to one of his fights. What the announcer says as he walks in is so jokes. The fight itself is a doosey)

btw Kenneth Allen > Cory Simpson > Bruce Johnson > Jason Ehresmann > Chad Reiner > Justin Wilcox > Vitor Ribeiro > Kazuyuki Miyata > Caol Uno > Rich Clementi > Melvin Guillard > Gleison Tibau > Thiago Alves > Matt Hughes > GSP

just for shits and giggles, I came across this boxer's astonishing record:
Peter Buckley won 32 (KO 8) + lost 256 (KO 10) + drawn 12
LightsOUT23
3/28/12 7:30:35PM
For some reason, after searching on that site for Dan Severns career wins, it lead me to his bouts with early UFC vet Cal Worsham which from his mma record found me to this guy !! ... Instantly i thought "What the hell"????
After 4,5 or 6 straight losses, you might start to think maybe mma is not for you let alone these promotions giving him a fight with a record like that. Crazy.
msunknown
5/5/12 6:29:47PM
I find that hilarious! I know who he is, partly because I went to school with him, and that is about as far as we will take it lol but here are a few links for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdkI3cGGVBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iR7ILR55Q&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEnskHN1Qsk-
spang714
5/29/12 11:46:43PM
This guy needs to be mentioned...not necessarily for his record but the nickname as well

Joseph Bochenek
cowcatcher
5/30/12 2:33:50AM

Posted by spang714

This guy needs to be mentioned...not necessarily for his record but the nickname as well

Joseph Bochenek

I think there's some unfinished business between him and Michael Smitch.
lohmann
5/30/12 5:59:59PM
A lot of what they add to the FightFinder comes with due diligence; if they doubt a fighter is real or the authenticity of a promotion they will seek verification. Sometimes the best they can come up with is very little - no rounds or time or method or anything.

I tend to trust Sherdog's stuff more than not.