Worst martial art for MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Worst martial art for MMA?
AchillesHeel
9/24/08 10:51:57AM
Just for fun, what would be the worst martial art to step into the MMA cage with?

My nominee is Krav Maga.

In the real world: "Contact combat" in Hebrew, Krav Maga is an Israeli combat form whose principles include using anything as a weapon and hitting your opponent in vital areas in order to physically incapacitate him as quickly as possible.

In MMA: In the initial clinch with his opponent, the IDF Paratrooper is disqualified by the referee after a deliberate knee to the groin, eye-poke, and elbow strike to the throat. When the referee attempts to intercede, the Krav Maga practitioner throws his gasping opponent into him, knocking both men to the floor. Mayhem erupts as the corner crews of both fighters rush into the cage. Two people are choked out with towels, and another has to have a rubber mouthpiece surgically removed from his ear. The Krav Maga fighter later has his license revoked, his opponent and referee both file civil charges after being released from the hospital, and footage of the melee gets 19,000,000 hits on YouTube.

wiggum
9/24/08 11:06:43AM
capoeria (sp?)

real world:...fight breaks out and practicioner dances around like hes on hot coals, comes running in wildly and gets ktfo

mma:....fight breaks out and practicioner dances around like hes on hot coals, comes running in wildly and gets ktfo

haha
mkiv9secsupra
9/24/08 11:51:11AM
Capoeira gets my vote as well. Jadson Costa vs Takanori Gomi anyone? He never had a chance in this fight. Spinning rediculous kicks that even if they had landed perfectly wouldnt have done very much damage.

Capoeira gets
mrsmiley
9/24/08 11:59:53AM
Probably what that dude from Nepoleon Dynamite was teaching.LOL.

copcopps
9/24/08 12:02:53PM
Capoeira by far, also the most overrated in real life.

The example of Krav Manga has nothing to do with the art, it was the fighter that utilized it.

An honorable mention is Drunken Fist and "Pit Fighting"
wiggum
9/24/08 12:22:35PM

Posted by mrsmiley

i sure as hell wouldnt want to get a roundhouse kick to the face while hes wearing those bad boys!!!
jiujitsufreak74
9/24/08 2:15:11PM
Krav Maga would get you DQed in under 3 seconds, but i believe it is the best Martial art for real world defense. so i definitely agree that Krav Maga would be the worst applied to MMA because you would get DQed every fight.
juanez13
9/24/08 2:58:29PM
Whatever Martial art this is

Link
jiujitsufreak74
9/24/08 3:00:27PM

Posted by juanez13

Link

is this the one with the ball kick and genki sudo?

EDIT: how did i know
scoozna
9/24/08 3:08:39PM
I've never tried Aikido, but i think it could get you killed inside the cage.

"Seagal goes for the step-aside-wrist-flip takedown, AND IT IS ALL OVER!!!! Seagal gets kicked in the face and down he goes."
Ben_Hutch
9/24/08 3:23:26PM

Posted by juanez13

Link

Those guys are ******* nails!!!!
loonytnt
9/24/08 3:50:45PM
kung fu san soo, im a black belt in it and its great for fightin but not in the cage, san soo you bite, hit to the nuts, pull hair, go to the eyes and when you get rules and gloves and takes a lot of that away
postman
9/24/08 5:05:13PM
Jeremyjitsu made famous by world class jack ass Jeremy May!
dannyfrank
9/24/08 5:08:11PM

Posted by loonytnt

kung fu san soo, im a black belt in it and its great for fightin but not in the cage, san soo you bite, hit to the nuts, pull hair, go to the eyes and when you get rules and gloves and takes a lot of that away

that sounds more like cat fighting IMO
gsquat
9/24/08 5:39:15PM
C'mon. This is easy...

Actually, I'm now creeped out by how much ol' Billie boy here looks like Anderson Silva.
haggiswashere
9/24/08 6:06:40PM

Posted by mrsmiley

haha i live in utah and my mom grew up in preston Id where that takes place and that character is based on my uncle Danny Mitchell he never took a tae quan do class in his life but thought he knew what he needed from instructional videos. true story
Wolfenstein
9/24/08 8:14:16PM
Probably Geroge Dillman's kyushojutsu.

Dillman also claims to be able to manipulate chi, including the ability to throw down or knock down persons without touching them. In September 2005, National Geographic Channel show Is It Real? (episode 20) asked for a demonstration of this, during which a Kyusho-jitsu instructor was unable to move or knock-out their representative. Dillman's explanation of the failure was as follows:

The skeptic was a totally non-believer. Plus – I don't know if I should say that on film – but if the guy had his tongue in the wrong position in the mouth, that can also nullify it [chi]. You can nullify it – you can nullify a lot of things. In fact, you can nullify it if you raise those two big toes! If I say I'm going to knock you out, and you raise one toe, and push one toe down....I can't knock you out. And then, if I go to try again, you reverse it. If you keep doing this, I won't knock you out.[1]
hodge
9/25/08 6:36:47PM
tae kwon do is unbelivably impracticle that gets my vote in real life situations and in the cage
Pookie
9/25/08 6:45:24PM
Tae kwon do
Krav maga
Capoeira
Eagle claw kung fu

But surprisingly "NFL" has had remarkable success in both k-1 and MMA
Naturaldisaster
9/25/08 7:53:47PM

Posted by mrsmiley

rex kwon do!!!!!!
Rush
9/25/08 8:52:18PM
JoeSanDo
mkiv9secsupra
9/26/08 12:54:41AM
ninjutsu

AchillesHeel
9/26/08 10:15:07AM

Posted by gsquat

Actually, I'm now creeped out by how much ol' Billie boy here looks like Anderson Silva.

Heh. Nice.
artofdefense
10/7/08 12:54:17PM
Tai Chi

Any kind of Gung fu

Aikido/Hapkido

S.C.A.R.S (lol)

THe worst Martial Art to step in the cage using: Ninjitsu (What are you going to do, hide?)
StriderXero
10/7/08 9:45:45PM
KENDO!!!
Just kidding