Your worst injury??? any type

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your worst injury??? any type
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 2:46:29AM
so i was just sittin here wonder what peoples worst injuries they gotten are. yeah Im really bored lol.

I've had a couple. When i was 7 or 8 i was ridin my bike (no shoes on) and it was raining a little bit. So my foot slipped off the peddle and slammed into the kickstand. It hurt like hell but i didnt think I was hurt badly. so I looked down and realized the kickstand had actually gone through my foot. about 2 inches or so. hittin the bone. I completely lost feeling of my foot and had to crawl all the way back to the house (about halfway down the street). blood was gushing everywhere. you would have though someone had been murdered.

Another time i was sparring with a friend. He was alot faster than me. I through a hard straight right to the body, But at the same time that I threw the punch he through a spinning back kick, connecting head to head with my hand. it broke pointer finger and my hand right in the middle of the palm.

Im interested to hear your stories.
Jimbo
10/1/08 3:14:41AM
ive had a few all on my left leg.

a few years ago playing AFL i broke my left leg, not really sure what exactly happened but there was a massive crack noise and dull pain, i ran my hands down my leg n felt it was kinda out of place so i moved it abit n it crunched lol (dont know what the f**k i was thinking) so i just got up n hopped off the ground and waited for the ambulance. turned out i had broken both bones in my leg, tibula and fibula i think they're called, the smaller one was snapped clean in half and the big one had a crack through it and was out of place, i also cracked the growth plate in my ankle. that was the worst injury ive had so far.

another one when i was younger: i was climbing this tree that i climbed all the time with my neighbour, the tree had a nail sticking out of it and i slipped and fell on the nail. the nail stuck into my leg and hooked under my skin , if had fallen off it would have tore a big hole in my leg but thankfully i didnt and my neighbour went and got my mum then she helped me off. i got about 10 stitches and a scar right in the middle of my shin.

another one on my left leg when i was 2 yrs old. i accidently pulled one of those big heavy oil heaters over and the edge of one the groves fell on my big toe, split the bone down the middle and now my left big toe is bigger than my right lol
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
10/1/08 8:01:48AM
ACL, MCL and maniscus playing HS football, and now again ive got an MCL and maniscus that im rehabing. the worst part is that you dont realize how often you move your legs even when doing the smallest things, and then you sneeze and you want to cry like a little girl that just got her lollipop stolen.
emfleek
10/1/08 9:28:49AM
I've never had a broken bone, torn ligament, strained muscle or anything like that.

However, I got hit by a car while riding my bike when I was 14. The car was doing between 30 and 40mph and T-boned me as I crossed the street. That's about the worst I've had it in the 29 years I've been around. And I only ended up with some road rash out of the whole ordeal.

And anyone who tells you that the pedestrian always has the right-of-way is absolutely WRONG. It was determined that it was my fault, for some odd reason. The driver of the car even admitted to not paying attention. He said that he was reaching down on to the passenger seat floorboard to grab something when he glanced up and saw a "flash" and that's when he hit me.
artofdefense
10/1/08 9:32:52AM
Broke all the bones in my hands when I was high on PCP and smashed out a block's worth of car windshields. That hurt the next day.

In my first MMA fight I caught un upward elbow that pushed my septum very close to my brain and shattered my sinus'. Sneezing with those splints up your nose for a month is not fun, though it was kind of interesting to spray coagulated blood everywhere when I did.
rabbit915
10/1/08 11:10:07AM
An allergic reaction to medication caused my immune system to nearly destroy all of the connective tissue in my body.

Just try to beat that
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/1/08 11:50:04AM
me & another guy jumped for a 50/50 ball in soccer my senior year & we hit heads.......i needed 4 staples in my head as it was about 4 cm wide
MMAcca
10/1/08 1:32:00PM
Broken hand from being stamped playing rugby.

Broken 3 different fingers, again from rugby.

Broke same hand punching a wall in a drunken rage.
pv3Hpv3p
10/1/08 2:22:10PM

Posted by rabbit915

An allergic reaction to medication caused my immune system to nearly destroy all of the connective tissue in my body.

Just try to beat that

Jesus christ...
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 2:26:18PM

Posted by rabbit915

Just try to beat that

damn!
artofdefense
10/1/08 2:54:01PM

Posted by rabbit915

Just try to beat that

Damn, thought I had it won with the bloodspray. Yours is totally better.

I did get shot once too!

ncordless
10/1/08 5:37:01PM
When I was five years old I wrecked my bike. Even though I had my training wheels on, I fell sidewards and stuck my arm out to break my fall. My arm snapped backwards just above the elbow. The small piece of humorous bone still attached to the elbow tore through by bicep and out of the skin. The rest of my humorous (still attached to my shoulder) was ok except for the end which had splintered into pieces. A small piece of the bone had rolled back and up the rest of the bone (think of a wood shaving). I was in a hospital bed for 2 months with my arm in traction. I underwent 4 surgeries. After finally getting out of the hospital I had to relearn how to walk and undergo a couple years of PT.

The funny thing was that when it happened I didn't even feel it. I am not sure because I was alone, but I believe I passed out for a bit and when I came to I remember thinking that my arm had stuck in the earth. I had fallen so that my upper arm was pointing straight down while my lower arm lay directly behind me. I must have been whacked on endorphins because I remember thinking that I had busted through the earth and was going to pull my arm out and see the little green dudes from Fraggle Rock. Then I looked behind me and saw my hand and arm laying there. I threw up and then did another one of these...
papercut
10/1/08 5:45:44PM

Posted by rabbit915

Just try to beat that

definetly won't beat that.

but I have broken my right middle finger split it down the middle playing football.

broke my left arm while climbing up a jagged rock wall. got to the top lost my footing fell slamming into damn near every rock on the way down. I was in 4th grade and I'm left handed. that wasn't too fun.

when I was 15 I was rolling with a guy inbetween martial arts classes @ the gym I train at and the guy tried to jump over my legs and I tried to stop him and his knee drove into my right arm folding my forarm backwards in half. then I had to sit in urgent care for 2 and a half hours without any painkillers with a jimmy rigged splint. left the next day with 3 pins and a cast. when he took the pins out, he used a pair of pliers we had a conversation on what an advanced tool he had used to remove the pins. they weren't small pins either. roughly about 6 inches each.
CwB
10/1/08 6:23:24PM
Fractured Skull

riding a motorized skateboard going about 30mph the front trucks broke and i fell straight back head first into the ground

left me with
4 inches of cracks in the back of my skull
blood in my eardrum for about a month (imagine have water in your ear for a month straight)
lost my sense of smell (once you get use to it its not that bad)
But the worst part was post concusion disorder - which lasted about 8 months that kinda screwed up my life for a little bit

my accident kinda of looked like this little guy
SpiderSilva
10/1/08 6:35:25PM
I had my hand ran over when I was around 3 or 4 and if I wasn't pulled out by my uncle my head would have been smashed by the back tire of the car.

My apendix was in my rib cage odds were like 1 in 10 million to have this anyway it was pretty close to bursting if it did well I would have died for 3 days they didn't know what was worng with me till they just cut me open and went looking around I now have a scar like 16" long anyone else who has had thjis out their scar is like 2"
iwannabesedated
10/1/08 7:03:31PM
I had this nasty rash on my weener after sleeping with a dirty girl in Atlantic City.

disorderlyvision
10/1/08 7:31:36PM
spent a week in the hospital with blood poisining from stepping on a rusty nail.

tore some ligament in my knee... that hurt like a mofo
casey64
10/1/08 8:00:29PM
Playing high school football, I was hitting during a work day against another team. I am a lineman so we were doing one on one drills and we hit and my neck snapped back, putting a bone in between my C4 and my C5.
We_Todd_Did
10/1/08 8:09:43PM
I had what was described as an "explosive fracture" to my left radius (forearm) which shattered the bone into about 2 dozen pieces, many of which lodged into surrounding muscle and connective tissue, as well as piercing the radial nerve center.There was so much hemorrhaging that I had a "bubble" of blood pooled in the bottom of my forearm about the size of a softball by the time I got to the ER.

The worst part was that I never went numb or lost consciousness the whole time, plus I woke up in the middle of surgery.
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 8:19:26PM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I had what was described as an "explosive fracture" to my left radius (forearm) which shattered the bone into about 2 dozen pieces, many of which lodged into surrounding muscle and connective tissue, as well as piercing the radial nerve center.There was so much hemorrhaging that I had a "bubble" of blood pooled in the bottom of my forearm about the size of a softball by the time I got to the ER.

The worst part was that I never went numb or lost consciousness the whole time, plus I woke up in the middle of surgery.

holy shit!
We_Todd_Did
10/1/08 10:22:48PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by We_Todd_Did

holy shit!

Yeah, extreme pain is a real bitch.
rabbit915
10/1/08 11:45:45PM
Didnt quite expect to get that kind of a response so ill fill in some more details in case anyone is curious. It sounds worse than it was because it never really hurt that bad.

During my freshman year of high school i was running cross country and i started feeling pain in my knees. My coach sent me to the school trainer and he was convinced that i just had a bunch of inflamed tendons, so i just treated that. Soon i started to develop rashes that looked like bruises at my knees but then at my elbows and ankles. The thing is this whole process took months for develop before i thought anything was weird.

Eventually they sent me to a string of doctors before they found out i was having some rare reaction to these meds i had been on for like six months called hypersensitivity vasculitis. Basically your immune system becomes confused and starts attacking your own tissues. Luckily for me it didnt target my organs.

After some pretty basic physical therapy ive since recooperated and now live a normal life although i have to be careful while excercising because basically im prone to stress injures in every part of my body.
Naturaldisaster
10/2/08 12:42:24AM

Posted by rabbit915

Didnt quite expect to get that kind of a response so ill fill in some more details in case anyone is curious. It sounds worse than it was because it never really hurt that bad.

During my freshman year of high school i was running cross country and i started feeling pain in my knees. My coach sent me to the school trainer and he was convinced that i just had a bunch of inflamed tendons, so i just treated that. Soon i started to develop rashes that looked like bruises at my knees but then at my elbows and ankles. The thing is this whole process took months for develop before i thought anything was weird.

Eventually they sent me to a string of doctors before they found out i was having some rare reaction to these meds i had been on for like six months called hypersensitivity vasulitis. Basically your immune system becomes confused and starts attacking your own tissues. Luckily for me it didnt target my organs.

After some pretty basic physical therapy ive since recooperated and now live a normal life although i have to be careful while excercising because basically im prone to stress injures in every part of my body.

glad to hear you recovered from that. sounded pretty crazy
haggiswashere
10/2/08 4:15:47AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I had this nasty rash on my weener after sleeping with a dirty girl in Atlantic City.

by the way my mom says hi
Svartorm
10/2/08 5:01:44AM
I'm a walking train wreck, but I've had two really bad ones.

I herniated a disk in my back when I was 20 in a sledding accident and had nerve damage down the right side of my body for over a year and a half after the fact. I could stand and walk (barely), or I could lay down, but if I sat down it felt like someone stuck an ice pick into my hip. Luckily I managed to fix it by walking as much as I was physically able, dropping 80lbs of fat and working my lower back muscles. Hasn't really bothered me in years.

The other one was when I worked at a circuit board components factory when I was 22. The factory was extremely old and the roof had collapsed ages ago and was rebuilt when the new owners bought the place. In that time, lots of rain and snow got in and the cement floor of the factory was more or less covered in pot holes. So, I was working as a temp working at the time, carrying a stack of boards and I stepped right on the edge of one of these pot holes and rolled my ankle horribly. I was actually momentarily standing on my leg bones and managed to hop and fall onto a pile of cardboard. Being as I was a temp worker, I had no coverage for injury or anything like that, and really needed the money, so I tied my boot up as tight as I could get it and kept working. My ankle hurts to this day, and actually ended up almost fusing at a 45 degree angle away from my body, so I have a slight limp and my ankle barely moves, especially when I've been standing all day. On the plus side, because of the way it fused, you can't get a heel hook on that foot, so when I go for leglocks, I always cross it over the top of the opponents leg and they go for it every time.