Worst Decision of the Night?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Worst Decision of the Night?
Next Page »
POLL: What was the worst decision of the night?
Henderson vs. Palhares 13% (8)
Chonan vs. Carneiro 27% (17)
Pellegrino vs. Tavares 10% (6)
Brown vs. Kim 50% (31)
CCPRIDE99
9/7/08 1:59:34PM
idk how somebody can scoop somebody and drop them flat on their back and not win a round or almost break a guys leg and also not win a round so in my opinion rousimar got screwed very badly just because everybody loves dan henderson

and btw
henderson will NEVER beat anderson silva
so all the people talking about him getting a title shot are just plain stupid
and if he does get a shot
i feel sorry for the poor bastard
bullettdodger
9/7/08 2:04:43PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

idk how somebody can scoop somebody and drop them flat on their back and not win a round or almost break a guys leg and also not win a round so in my opinion rousimar got screwed very badly just because everybody loves dan henderson

and btw

Hendo dominated the fight from start to finish. One leg lock attempt doesn't win you a round where almost every single take down you shoot is stuffed and then you're punished for it. I don't know how you saw Rousimar getting screwed... Dan handled him from start to finish... I think Matt Brown got a raw deal.. even though by normal judging Kim did get two take downs and inflicted most of the damage (that one elbow lol) durring that third round. Also you could score the first round for Kim because he was on Brown's back the entire time and very nearly got the choke. Henderson is one of the few people who has a chance.. not saying he will win, but he does have a chance against Anderson Silva. I really wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. But the one thing i DO agree with you is i feel sorry for ANYONE who has to face Anderson Silva.
finnish_line
9/7/08 2:15:00PM

Henderson pretty clearly won rounds 1 and 3. I don't agree with him getting a couple 30-27s from the judges, because Palhares won round 2 in my estimation.

Still, no controversy.
Chuteboxer
9/7/08 2:15:50PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by CCPRIDE99

and btw

Hendo dominated the fight from start to finish. One leg lock attempt doesn't win you a round where almost every single take down you shoot is stuffed and then you're punished for it. I don't know how you saw Rousimar getting screwed... Dan handled him from start to finish... I think Matt Brown got a raw deal.. even though by normal judging Kim did get two take downs and inflicted most of the damage (that one elbow lol) durring that third round. Also you could score the first round for Kim because he was on Brown's back the entire time and very nearly got the choke. Henderson is one of the few people who has a chance.. not saying he will win, but he does have a chance against Anderson Silva. I really wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. But the one thing i DO agree with you is i feel sorry for ANYONE who has to face Anderson Silva.

This pretty much summarizes how I feel about the fight...

and ou know, a lot of people are saying this same thing about Rashad beating Chuck, so I"m goin to say it too:

Rousimar lost. Get over it. Dan Hendo beat him fair and square.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 2:30:18PM
I have not seen the two undercard fights as of yet. But with Dong and Dan, they each had well deserved victories. Rousimar did nothing substantial the WHOLE FIGHT. He attempted a few submission, did not get any , only tried too. Dan knocked him down a handful of times the fight, and controlled the octagon. This was a no brainer Dan victory. The other fight was close. Matt Brown showed more aggression, but Dong deserved the victory. If we judged by aggression Clay Guida would win every fight. Dong fought better, won round 1 and round 3, fought the smarter fight, and did more throughout the fight.
Twenty20Dollars
9/7/08 2:37:08PM
I picked palhares to win the fight and put a lot of money on him. But what I read from the fight rounds. It sounds like hendo just coasted to a UD win. There were no bad decision's of the night, they were all good decision made by judges.
KYGUY07
9/7/08 2:42:43PM
hendo won rd.1 and 3 easily and he put anderson in trouble in their first fight so i think he possibly could beat silva.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/7/08 2:48:11PM
wah wah wah

here's something for the TS to cry about......ur thread is in the wrong forum
Aaronno9
9/7/08 2:49:45PM
Somebody clearly just doesn't like Henderson.
Gladiator
9/7/08 3:05:06PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

and btw

Someone is bitter
Wolfenstein
9/7/08 3:14:29PM
Except for the Chonan vs Carneiro fight which was very lose I agreed with all the other decisions.

The crowd booing the Matt Brown decision was ridiculous. Kim clearly dominated round1 and had a pretty decent edge in round 3 sealing it at the end with some vicious elbows. Matt dominated round 2 but that was it.

I don't even know how a decision can be argued for Palhares. He was beaten every round on the feet, and Dan was never in trouble from the leg locks. He had a heel hook at one point but wasn't high enough up on the leg to staalize it and get the proper torque.

When are they going to get rid of Cecil Peoples? This guy constantly calls fights inconsistent with other judges, and last night it was more of the same.
Matimus
9/7/08 3:16:51PM
I think someone watched the wrong fight.
Hendo clearly won.
FrankTheTank1181
9/7/08 3:27:06PM
There is no need for this thread, there were no bad decisions at UFC 88.
SpiderSilva
9/7/08 3:31:14PM
I vote Chuck throwing that upper cut
PaleHorse
9/7/08 3:34:15PM
Wheres the news here? It sounds like someone rambling about how they don't like Dan Henderson and thats about it.
gartface
9/7/08 3:38:05PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Hahahaha
Aether
9/7/08 3:45:21PM
if you think any of those decisions were bad you don't know how to score a fight. I'm surprised anyone even thinks Palhares won round 2. He had one submission attempt and did nothing else the whole fight except dive in head first from 5 feet away.

Dan escaped and he controlled the entire fight, including the other 4 and a half minutes in round 2.
mk1630
9/7/08 4:12:52PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Sounds about right. I didnt talk the whole car ride home with my buddy after that haha.
MHughes4prez17
9/7/08 4:19:55PM
STFU cuz u clearly were not watching the same fight that everyone else was watching, Henderson dominated him from start to finish with the exception of a few failed submission attempts that Palhares tried to do.

So next time when a fight is on your tv actually watch it instead of posting messages that makes you sound like a complete jerk-off
motorboatensob
9/7/08 4:49:12PM
Yep every body love Dan even though they didn't even promote his fight and most of the people in the USA don't know him that well but we all just love him so much. I guess thumping the guys head all night won't win ya the fight.
voodoo-jitsu
9/7/08 8:34:05PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

and keeping his hand down
copcopps
9/7/08 8:40:21PM
Tavares Pelegrino agreed with all others
jgtribbett
9/7/08 11:30:34PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Yep every body love Dan even though they didn't even promote his fight and most of the people in the USA don't know him that well but we all just love him so much. I guess thumping the guys head all night won't win ya the fight.

every single time he shot.. haha

i loved the sprawl to kneeling right hook haha.
SymptomX
9/8/08 6:25:48AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by CCPRIDE99

and btw

Firstly, Hendo won the fight comfortably. No doubt about that decision.
Although, I picked Toquinho, I can't argue against that decision.
Secondly, I don't see how Matt Brown got a raw deal. He lost the fight pretty clearly in my opinion. They traded a 10-9 each rounds 1 and 2, and Kim took 3.
Crowd booing is ridiculous, but not as pathetic as Joe Rogan acting up and playing to the crowd. Anyone (including Jogan) who gave the 3rd to Brown, don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

The closest decision was Jucao losing to Chonan.
But it was a close fight so you can see it either way
Canadian-Pain
9/8/08 12:06:49PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

stock
9/8/08 12:51:29PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

I agree. I have not seen the Pelegrino fight yet, but I thought the final decision was the right one on the other fights.
JohnnyNapalm
9/8/08 3:22:01PM
I voted Brown/Kim.

But upon further investigation I discovered that 2 of the 3 judges have a background in judging rodeos.

This explains how Kim "rode" his way to victory.

(I'm sure Kim was on Brown's back well past the 8 sec mark on several occasion's before being bucked off)
JohnnyNapalm
9/8/08 3:31:53PM

Really? If Kim/Brown wasn't a bad decision could you explain how you scored it for Kim?

Kim's most effective technique all night:

Ordep
9/8/08 8:04:47PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Really? If Kim/Brown wasn't a bad decision could you explain how you scored it for Kim?

well, that's a more dominant position and scored the rounds for him, Brown only had the audience on his side on a classic not-well known fighters USA vs. "other country" match ans walking out to Charlie Daniel's "The devil went down to Georgia", Kim won clearly, go see that fight again.
jiujitsufreak74
9/8/08 9:08:16PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

well, that's a more dominant position and scored the rounds for him, Brown only had the audience on his side on a classic not-well known fighters USA vs. "other country" match ans walking out to Charlie Daniel's "The devil went down to Georgia", Kim won clearly, go see that fight again.

Kim won round 1 with ground control and submission attempts, Brown won round two with better striking and effective damage and then Kim won round 3 with 2 take downs and some decent GnP that opened up a cut on Brown. Kim wins 29-28...it was no coincidence that the only judge to score it for Brown was Cecil Peoples...
Pages: [1] 2