The World’s Worst MMA Camps

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The World’s Worst MMA Camps
SmileR
8/4/08 10:44:10AM
After doing a little bit of digging on Sherdog’s Fight Statistics section, *********** posted a list of the ten most successful MMA camps (with at least 100 combined fights):

1. Arizona Combat Sports, 116-27, .81
1. Jackson’s Submission Fighting, 124-30, .81
3. Minnesota Martial Arts, 243-64, .79
4. Team Curran, 108-42, .77
4. American Jiu-Jitsu, 92-28, .77
4. American Kickboxing Academy, 174-53, .77
7. HIT Squad, 80-25, .76
7. Capital City Fighting Alliance, 78-25, .76
7. Southwest MMA, 78-25, .76
7. Miletich Martial Arts, 457-148, .76

Falling just out of the top ten were ATT, Xtreme Couture, Team Punishment, and The Pit.

In the interest of fairness, we compiled the ten least successful MMA camps. If you were thinking about joining up with these guys, think twice.

10. Wajyutsu Keisyukai A3, 78-58, 0.574 (Notable fighter: Hidetaka Monma)
9. Primal Tribe Fighting Club, 60-46, 0.566 (Notable fighter: Kyacey Uscola)
8. PUREBRED Omiya, 86-66, 0.566 (Notable fighters: Enson Inoue, George Sotiropoulos)
7. C-4 MMA, 133-104, 0.561 (Notable fighters: Dave “Pee Wee” Herman, UG troll Sean McCorkle)
6. Cobra Kai MMA Dojo, 70-56, 0.556 (Notable fighter: Dokonjonosuke Mishima)
5. PANCRASEism, 387-311, 0.554 (Notable fighters: Yuki Kondo, Ryo Kawamura)
4. Alliance-Square, 57-46, 0.553 (I’ve never heard of any of these people.)
3. Abe Ani Combat Club, 68-55, 0.553 (Notable fighters: Hiroyuki Abe, Megumi Fujii)
2. Team Schrijber, 186-152, 0.550 (Doesn’t ring a bell.)
1. American Martial Arts Center, 69-58, 0.543 (???)

Link
Ordep
8/4/08 11:53:29AM
based on fighters records after joining the camp? because if they plot the whole fighter record those win/loses before joining the camp shouldn't count.
Jackelope
8/5/08 12:04:13AM
yeah, baby! AZCS takes the lead! People are starting to realize Az has a serious fight game.

I'm surprised Black House isn't on here, but I'd guess it's either due to not having 100 fights or maybe because of some of their lower level fighters.

telnights
8/5/08 1:50:21AM
Comparing just based on wins and losses is kind of unfair. You have take in to account how many fighters do they have that are champs. What level of competition are these fighters taking on while in these camps. Its not really fair to compare a fight at some side show that the guy your team beat has a 1-27 record as a win. There are a lot more factors than just wins and losses. So this doesn't show which camp is really the best or the worst just shows who has the best win loss records.
Svartorm
8/5/08 1:59:08AM
Team Schrijber is "Dirty" Bob Schrijber and his wifes team. His wife is actually a female MT champion, and I'm pretty sure she teaches most of the team, being as Bobs credentials seem to revolve around being a bouncer at a hash bar in Amsterdam.

I think technically Joe Sons team would be the worst being as Joe Son was 0-4 and Kimo can't have a very stellar record either.

As for the real best and worst camp, I determine it by fights where perhaps less skilled fighters beat better fighters because of game plans, conditioning and cornering. In that regard, every time theres a huge upset, its usually someone from Xtreme Couture, although AKA, Jackons, and Team Quest pull this off occasionaly as well.

As for worst team, I'd have to say Lion's Den, as they have tough fighters, but they almost never seem to fight up to their potential and seem to be going into fights blind. After seeing how Shamrock run things on TUF, I can kind of see why.
telnights
8/5/08 2:26:42AM

Posted by Svartorm

As for the real best and worst camp, I determine it by fights where perhaps less skilled fighters beat better fighters because of game plans, conditioning and cornering. In that regard, every time theres a huge upset, its usually someone from Xtreme Couture, although AKA, Jackons, and Team Quest pull this off occasionaly as well.

As for worst team, I'd have to say Lion's Den, as they have tough fighters, but they almost never seem to fight up to their potential and seem to be going into fights blind. After seeing how Shamrock run things on TUF, I can kind of see why.

I was thinking of Lion's Den when the said the worst fight camp.

I think the best right now in no order is.
Jackson
Xtreme Couture
Team Quest
AKA
ATT
BTT
Jackelope
8/5/08 8:25:57AM
You guys are definitely right. I just wanted to gloat about my camp being the top for a bit

Anyway, as for best camps I'd say Black House HAS to be in the running. If not THE top camp. Xtreme Couture hasn't really been as impressive as of late besides Forrest's gameplan against Rampage. Nor has Team Quest been overly impressive. I'd actually currently rank AKA higher than both of these teams.

For the record, though- most of AZCS's wins come via the WEC (1 champion)RITC (2 champions), Bodogfight and KOTC. Even though RITC isn't the most well known organization it's home to some good fighters.
DCRage
8/5/08 8:28:02AM
Was kinda surprised to see Chute Boxe only in the middle. True, they've had their problems with their top fighters leaving in recent years (namely the Silvas and Nogueiras) but I still thought they'd be good enough to still be high in the rankings.
juanez13
8/5/08 8:47:58AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Svartorm

Jackson
Xtreme Couture
Team Quest
AKA
ATT
BTT

agree, although i'd Black House to that list, with guys like Anderson and the Nog's you gotta have them + they also got other guys coming up like Feijao etc..
telnights
8/5/08 8:45:32PM

Posted by juanez13
agree, although i'd Black House to that list, with guys like Anderson and the Nog's you gotta have them + they also got other guys coming up like Feijao etc..

Yeah I couldn't remember the name so that's why I added BTT to the list. I also think Lyoto Machida may be part of the Black House as well. Its a really new team as of right now so not sure of who is all on it and who isn't.

MMA_Alex
8/7/08 2:14:49PM
Sherdog has Silva in Muay Thai Dream Team and the Nogueira brothers are in BTT.
copcopps
8/7/08 3:47:38PM
Hammer House anyone?
telnights
8/7/08 5:09:33PM

Posted by MMA_Alex

Sherdog has Silva in Muay Thai Dream Team and the Nogueira brothers are in BTT.

Dont trust Sherdog's fight finder. The only thing its good for is basic win and losses records and still then its not always right.
Mastodon2
8/8/08 12:01:30PM
They arent the worst, but Hammerhouse are extremely one dimensional, and despite having two UFC HW champs (Coleman and Randleman) never achieved much success outside of those two. Randleman had so much potential, but never reached anything like the levels of success he could have had.
JohnnyNapalm
8/8/08 2:01:08PM
Kalib Starnes fight camp should be in the running.
mrkennedy
8/8/08 2:37:21PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Svartorm

Jackson
Xtreme Couture
Team Quest
AKA
ATT
BTT