World Victory Road Wagers (ATTN: MODS)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » World Victory Road Wagers (ATTN: MODS)
wolfman
3/4/08 4:00:53PM
For some odd reason on the wagers page, "Cyborg" is listed as the underdog. His line is -100 and Takimoto's line is listed at -130. However, the stats clearly show that Takimoto is the underdog with only 33% of the site selecting him to win.
So, clearly something is wrong with that line. Anyways, thanks in advance!
tuvok500
3/4/08 8:31:21PM

Posted by wolfman

For some odd reason on the wagers page, "Cyborg" is listed as the underdog. His line is -100 and Takimoto's line is listed at -130. However, the stats clearly show that Takimoto is the underdog with only 33% of the site selecting him to win.
So, clearly something is wrong with that line. Anyways, thanks in advance!

Man, the wager odds are base on the among of cash that peoples have on a guy, not about the % of picks.

if cyborg is the underdog it is only because more peoples have put moneys on Takimoto.

If i am wrong , don't kill me please !!

Svartorm
3/4/08 8:44:12PM
That and the wagers only update every 24 hours or so, and some people wait to the last minute to make their picks, so it can shift stuff dramatically, and not have time to catch up. It should level out by cut-off time though.
wolfman
3/4/08 11:01:29PM
Interesting, I could have sworn I read somewhere on this site that the pick percentage affected the wager odds. I think it was this quote that confused me, "Fighter odds are based on an algorithm which factors in variety of criteria from our users via the pick 'em game, fighter rankings, and more." It does mention the pick 'em game as a factor for the odds. So, I am still a little confused. Thanks for the responses.
Svartorm
3/5/08 3:14:13AM
I didn't program it, so I don't know the specifics, but I do know it doesn't update all that often because it would slow the site down considerably. Not sure what the final totals were, but I'm pretty confident my bet on Takimoto will go through.
CornishMMA
3/5/08 8:05:03AM
I also thought it would mostly based on picks, cant be anything to do with the amounts people have wagered cos they dont lock in and people could just have silly wagers saved, like my $400 parlay for Wilson/Dustin/Bielkheden/O'Brien to win $1 million+