World Victory Road Accuses Roger Gracie of Faking Injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » World Victory Road Accuses Roger Gracie of Faking Injury
MMAcca
9/22/08 1:04:11PM
Japan-MMA has the story:

-They requested an official doctors certificate and CT scan showing the injury.
-They requested Roger Gracie to come to Japan to be examined by WVR's doctor

On both these points Roger Gracie has failed to comply and WVR/Sengoku are considering penalties.

I've been critical of Roger in the past and thought maybe I was being too hard on the guy, but I have to say this looks really really weak. Travis Wiuff is not that dangerous -- unlike previous duckees Josh Barnett and Jeff Monson, he's a perfect step-ladder for Gracie at this early point in his career.

LINK
wolfman
9/22/08 6:02:34PM
This is unfortunate, seems to constantly duck fighters. I don't know why he'd duck Wiuff, as I believe he could sub Travis in the first rather easily. Wiuff is a tough fighter, but I don't think he could handle the BJJ skills of Roger.
jae_1833
9/22/08 6:25:36PM
Didn't expect that from a Gracie!!
mrsmiley
9/22/08 6:39:53PM
It's the perfect mixture of funny and sad
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/22/08 7:35:52PM
good way to uphold family name
bojangalz
9/22/08 9:13:55PM
I've got to believe that if any of this was true, Roger would be excommunicated from the Gracie tribe. We're talking about a class of worriors who refuse to tap and consider broken limbs a penence for allowing themselves to be placed in a submission.

If he's faking- there is no way that he's got the support of his family behind him.
casey64
9/22/08 10:33:39PM

Posted by jae_1833

Didn't expect that from a Gracie!!

Me neither!!
xAcidburNx
9/22/08 11:28:58PM

Posted by bojangalz

I've got to believe that if any of this was true, Roger would be excommunicated from the Gracie tribe. We're talking about a class of worriors who refuse to tap and consider broken limbs a penence for allowing themselves to be placed in a submission.

If he's faking- there is no way that he's got the support of his family behind him.

not entirely. the gracies wouldnt want everyone to think that they have a faker in the midst so they might back em until the rumors die down