World Series of Fighting 1 salaries: Arlovski, Johnson top $352K payroll

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » World Series of Fighting 1 salaries: Arlovski, Johnson top $352K payroll
grappler0000
11/4/12 9:10:41AM
The full WSOF 1 payouts include:

Andrei Arlovski: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
def. Devin Cole: $10,000

Anthony Johnson: $55,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. D.J. Linderman: $10,000

Marlon Moraes: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
def. Miguel Torres: $18,000

Tyrone Spong: $27,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
def. Travis Bartlett: $4,000

Tyson Steele: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
def. Gregor Gracie: $25,000

Brian Cobb: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
def. Ronys Torres: $12,000

Steve Carl: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Ramico Blackmon: $10,000

Josh Burkman: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Gerald Harris: $15,000

Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. O'Brien: $5,000

David Branch: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Dustin Jacoby: $5,000

Link
sparky
11/4/12 11:22:43AM
Solid pay outs for their first event
ghandikush
11/4/12 11:33:27AM
I wonder why the payouts were so fat?

Arlovskis the only one that makes sense to me payout wise. Coulda had a FOTN/KOTN bonus.
airkerma
11/4/12 12:03:11PM
"Marlon Moraes: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
def. Miguel Torres: $18,000"
Wow, and we thought he would be a big fish in a small pond.

Anthony Johnson
machodog76
11/4/12 12:52:14PM
I was pretty underwhelmed by the lopsided match making, the only fight on the main card that was competitive was the Moraes Torres fight. It was pretty clear who the promotion wanted to win each fight. Lindermans face palnt was priceless though.
ghandikush
11/4/12 1:25:40PM

Posted by machodog76

I was pretty underwhelmed by the lopsided match making, the only fight on the main card that was competitive was the Moraes Torres fight. It was pretty clear who the promotion wanted to win each fight. Lindermans face palnt was priceless though.

They had a smart promotion sense. All these faces should have won even though Torres lost, so people were drawn to tune in for the names and the fights cant be boring because the names were all gonna win by finish......

Pretty smart, not so fair, but its a solid promotion formula.
FastKnockout
11/4/12 2:24:27PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by machodog76

They had a smart promotion sense. All these faces should have won even though Torres lost, so people were drawn to tune in for the names and the fights cant be boring because the names were all gonna win by finish......

Pretty smart, not so fair, but its a solid promotion formula.

Agree. More competitive match-ups will be made as time goes on and they build their roster.
Cooler
11/4/12 4:35:37PM

Posted by machodog76

There were some lopsided matchups but still quite a few upsets, maybe not on NBC but on the undercard. This card was really more of a showcase card, an inauguration card to get the fans excited with some great knockouts on NBC and I gotta say I'm a big fan of them already and hope they do well with the 800 lb. gorilla looking to eat them at any point. Sefo is a big breath of fresh air to listen to over Dana and his shtick. And to hear that Ray is possibly going to fight in his own production is the most badass thing I can think of for a companies president.
kingsmasher
11/4/12 5:17:31PM
Seem like decent paydays for these guys
BuffaloDave
11/4/12 5:41:58PM

Posted by grappler0000

Watch the stock rise in BK by the end of the week.

Hopefully they learn from SF and don't go to crazy with the payouts, or we will only see one sided match ups.
ghandikush
11/4/12 5:51:42PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by grappler0000

Hopefully they learn from SF and don't go to crazy with the payouts, or we will only see one sided match ups.

What is BK? AJ? SF died because of Fedor and Overeems resigning.
I dont remember anyone getting overpaid too bad.
BuffaloDave
11/4/12 6:08:09PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by grappler0000

What is BK? AJ? SF died because of Fedor and Overeems resigning.
I dont remember anyone getting overpaid too bad.

Burger King

SF had a lot of bad contracts. I'm sure a lot had to do with it to grease the fighters from going to the UFC.

Bustamante-Aoki
11/4/12 10:15:03PM
2 of the 5 underdogs on the main card won. Same with the undercard. Torres-Moraes shouldn't have been lopsided, but Miguel was too passive.

They're not going to find any free agents to give AJ a good fight, and will have a hard time finding opponents for AA that he hasn't already fought also. Linderman and Cole weren't that big of underdogs anyways. The fights turned out to be one-sided but on paper they were decent.

That was Spongs mma debut. He'll graduate to tougher competition.
Chael_Sonnen
11/5/12 2:27:25AM
Was Bas drunk during the telecast

EDIT: nevermind, he's ALWAYS like that...my bad
machodog76
11/5/12 10:50:57AM
I understand they have to make some exciting fights for the casual fan and for the most part I enjoyed the event. I just hope the next card has some more parody to it. The matchmaking reminded me why I got bored with boxing. I do realize to survive they probably have to build some hype around the big names they have but Bellator was the better event to me this weekend.
ghandikush
11/5/12 11:03:24AM

Posted by machodog76

I understand they have to make some exciting fights for the casual fan and for the most part I enjoyed the event. I just hope the next card has some more parody to it. The matchmaking reminded me why I got bored with boxing. I do realize to survive they probably have to build some hype around the big names they have but Bellator was the better event to me this weekend.

Bellator is the better event but I preferred watching the bigger names and the crossover spectacle.