World Series of Fighting inks deal with NBC Sports Network, Arlovski vs. Johnson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » World Series of Fighting inks deal with NBC Sports Network, Arlovski vs. Johnson
FastKnockout
2/4/13 2:59:25PM
The upstart World Series of Fighting today announced a new three-year partnership with NBC Sports Network. The first event to be televised under the new agreement will take place March 23, and sources close to the event said a heavyweight bout between ex-UFC champ Andrei Arlovski and Anthony Johnson is set as the headliner.

Link
Poor_Franklin
2/4/13 3:20:56PM
HELL YEAH!
Mr_Dead_Sexy
2/4/13 3:23:37PM
And Rumble manages to miss weight. Somehow.
sparky
2/4/13 3:24:19PM
This fight makes absolutely no sense for Arlovski. Johnson has a lot to gain and nothing to lose is the feeling I get from this match up
shaneTpain
2/4/13 3:30:10PM
I like it ! bout time Rumble realized he sucks at weight cutting
FastKnockout
2/4/13 3:49:00PM
Johnson didn't miss weight at 205. He's actually looked pretty good.
tcunningham
2/4/13 3:49:22PM
this is a strange matchup. i get why johnson is taking the fight, its a chance to fight and possibly beat a big name, but seriously at HW?choose a fucking weightclass man.

i heard if johnson wins he gets a shot at Giant Silva when he comes out of retirement.
Poor_Franklin
2/4/13 3:50:34PM
Lorreta Hunt tweet:

I heard they discussed a 230-pound catch-weight, but that didn't come to fruition
infestructure
2/4/13 3:52:06PM
War AA
Budgellism
2/4/13 3:56:52PM
This is a fun fight. I don't see Rumble staying at HW but for the time being, this will get fans interested in WSOF 2.
Poor_Franklin
2/4/13 3:58:26PM

Posted by Budgellism

This is a fun fight. I don't see Rumble staying at HW but for the time being, this will get fans interested in WSOF 2.

exactly why i'm happy about it!
prozacnation1978
2/4/13 4:24:10PM
More glad they inked a 3 year deal on NBC sports
One more organization to watch beside Ufc
Takes the place strikeforce had
Chael_Sonnen
2/4/13 5:40:40PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three more years of HORRIBLE audio and WRETCHED production value
Travesty145
2/4/13 5:53:03PM
johnson by ko
Sir_Karl
2/4/13 6:04:59PM
I think this is pretty cool. A minimum of six events in 3 years equals only two a year at bare minimum though. That isn't much. If everything turns out good I am sure they will have more shows than that. Arlovski vs. Johnson is definitely a weird match up but for some reason it has me intrigued. I would guess there will be a few other decent match ups for that card as well by the time it all gets finalized. The only thing that pains me about any of this is.....Bas Rutten. I think Bas is cool but listening to him commentate can be quite rough.
DrivenDavies15
2/4/13 6:32:13PM
Surprised this fight is actually made, but pumped none the less! WAR PITBULL!!!
Bubbles
2/4/13 6:41:38PM
Arlovski by KO
SmileR
2/4/13 7:21:35PM

Posted by Bubbles

Arlovski by KO

Damn right, son! WAR AA!
BeeR
2/4/13 7:46:30PM
Poor_Franklin
2/4/13 8:06:39PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Bubbles

Arlovski by KO

Damn right, son! WAR AA!

WAR AA!

who'd you lose the av bet to? i need to know so i know never to make a bet w/ them
BillsNewAccount
2/5/13 10:38:21AM
When Rumble missed weight at 170 I said it's just a matter of time before he fights a heavy weight... and we all had a good laugh.
Bubbles
2/5/13 11:09:21AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Bubbles

Arlovski by KO

Damn right, son! WAR AA!

WAR AA!

who'd you lose the av bet to? i need to know so i know never to make a bet w/ them

Shane, he finally beat me on the 4th try
Boo_Radley21
2/5/13 11:10:51AM
I think this fights awesome but damn, heavyweight? Johnsons crazy won't he be stupid undersized there?
Bustamante-Aoki
2/5/13 11:21:36AM
6 events a year minimum it says.

Good news. I enjoyed their first show.

How come it doesn't quote the other poster when I reply?
Do I have to do it manually with the "insert quote" feature now?
Budgellism
2/5/13 12:46:49PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

6 events a year minimum it says.

Good news. I enjoyed their first show.

How come it doesn't quote the other poster when I reply?
Do I have to do it manually with the "insert quote" feature now?

You just hit quote instead of reply.