World Series of Fighting

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » World Series of Fighting
kingsmasher
11/3/12 5:06:48PM
Has anyone seen this guy Spong fight....I heard Pat Miletich say he has the best standup in MMA hands down....but anyway....he fights at 205..maybe he meant at 205...

Anthony Johnson Fights at 205 too in the organization....Well they both are training at Blackzilians......

I was looking at the fighters and the organization only has 4 guys at LHW....Im curious if the two guys are willing to fight each other...

I hope not...

Anyone seen this guy before though?
ghandikush
11/3/12 5:09:53PM
Spong is a longtime top kickboxer in the world. Not the best but competitive with the best. I highly doubt he even has the best standup at 205 though, especially when he's gonna be scared of the ground.
kingsmasher
11/3/12 5:14:41PM

Posted by ghandikush

Spong is a longtime top kickboxer in the world. Not the best but competitive with the best. I highly doubt he even has the best standup at 205 though, especially when he's gonna be scared of the ground.

His opponent tonight said he will stand with Spong if he doesnt chop his legs out...lol which IM guessing he will...I know hes a Dutch guy
sparky
11/3/12 6:44:05PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by ghandikush

His opponent tonight said he will stand with Spong if he doesnt chop his legs out...lol which IM guessing he will...I know hes a Dutch guy

Awesome Kickboxer his stand up is epic. Spong was in the K1 tournie that R33M won. The R33M beat Spong but it was a great scrap
prozacnation1978
11/3/12 8:20:32PM
I see sponge in the Ufc sometime in 2013
Very curious how he does tonight
ghandikush
11/3/12 10:01:54PM
Anyone have a stream?
ghandikush
11/3/12 10:46:33PM
Spoiler------------------------------

Great performance from spong but other guy looked like he just wanted a check
sbulldavid
11/3/12 10:48:46PM
Spong looked okay, some devestating low kicks and impressive head kicks. His hands weren't real impressive but the were composed and lethal, he needs to build slowly but he's going to be fun to watch.
ghandikush
11/3/12 11:01:13PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Spong looked okay, some devestating low kicks and impressive head kicks. His hands weren't real impressive but the were composed and lethal, he needs to build slowly but he's going to be fun to watch.

I thought maybe he had adjusted his striking with the blackzillians for takedowns but Ive only seen Spong fight twice.
Vero3
11/5/12 7:13:39PM
Yeah Ive seen that guy fight before and he was really good with his style. And when one of my friends was telling me about him-- I saw some of his older fights and the guy is super strong and knows how to use his quickness really well.
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/5/12 7:30:27PM
Tyrone is def. one of my favorite kickboxers out there, maybe #3 behind Gokhan Saki and Giorgio Petrosyan. Hopefully MMA works out for him, but I would be lieing if I said I wasn't interested in seeing a rematch between him and Saki. I seriously doubt that a fight between him and Rumble would ever come to fruition. Those guys with the Blackzilians and ASM don't fight each other, their management team would make sure of it.