UFC vs. The World: What if Dana White accepted Gary Shaw's challenge?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC vs. The World: What if Dana White accepted Gary Shaw's challenge?
Next Page »
POLL: How would the UFC do against the best of the rest?
UFC fighters would stomp (almost) everybody. 72% (49)
UFC fighters would win some and lose some. 26% (18)
UFC fighters would be in a lot of trouble. 1% (1)
AchillesHeel
1/18/08 11:38:18AM
Gary Shaw, President of EliteXC, says that the UFC's belt-holders are only "club champs" as long as they only fight other UFC fighters.

From the article:

“I extend the challenge and always have,” Shaw said. “It’s like Kimbo. You want to fight him? Call us up. You can come to the cage and fight him. You want to fight Jake Shields? Fight Jake Shields. We’re proud of the people we represent. (EliteXC middleweight champ) Robbie Lawler? I could go down the whole roster.

“But for Dana White to try to convince the fans that he owns all of the best fighters in the world? To say that this is just a starting point for fighters and then they’re going to go to UFC? He is full of sh–. Let him fight our fighters.“

In fact, Shaw is willing to put his wallet where his mouth is.

“Let’s do some fights — winner-take-all,” Shaw said. “Let’s put up a million-dollars purse. Let’s pick a weight. Let’s really get it on for the fans.

“When he’s ready to do that, then give me a call.“

So what if Dana said "okay, tough guy, let's do it"? How do you think UFC fighters would do? Let's make it even bigger, and put the best of the UFC in the cage against the best of every other organization in the world. This would be so big, it would take two full cards, a kind of "home and away" series, with one card in The Octagon under UFC rules and the second card using Pro Elite rules (which I think are pretty much the same as UFC rules anyway).

ROUND 1: THE WORLD COMES TO THE OCTAGON
The Main Event:
Fedor Emelianenko (M-1 Global) vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture at Heavyweight

The Main Card:
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (K-1 HERO's) vs. Tyson Griffin at 145 lbs
Urijah Faber (WEC) vs. Frank Edgar at 145 lbs
Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti (K-1 HERO's) vs. Joe Stevenson at 155 lbs
Shinya Aoki vs. Georges St. Pierre at 170 lbs
Paulo Filho (WEC) vs. Dan Henderson at 185 lbs
Matt Lindland vs. Rich Franklin at 185 lbs
Josh Barnett vs. Andrei Arlovski at Heavyweight

The Undercard:
Gilbert Melendez (Strikeforce) vs. Roger Huerta at 155 lbs
Takanori Gomi vs. Sean Sherk at 160 lbs
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Karo Parisyan at 170 lbs
Carlos Condit (WEC) vs. Diego Sanchez at 170 lbs
Frank Shamrock (Strikeforce) vs. Jason MacDonald at 185 lbs
Cung Le (Strikeforce) vs. Nate Marquardt at 185 lbs
Yoshihiro Akiyama (K-1 HERO's) vs. Yushin Okami at 185 lbs
Alistair Overeem (Strikeforce) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga at Heavyweight

ROUND 2: THE UFC STEPS INTO THE PRO ELITE CAGE
The Main Event:
Robbie Lawler vs. Anderson Silva at 185 lbs

The Card:
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn at 160 lbs
KJ Noons vs. Kenny Florian at 160 lbs
Jake Shields vs. Matt Serra at 170 lbs
Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at Heavyweight
James Thompson vs. Cheick Kongo at Heavyweight

Swing Bout:
Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett vs. Clay Guida at 160 lbs

The Undercard:
Javier Vazquez vs. Kurt Pellegrino at 160 lbs
Paul "Semtex" Daley vs. Jon Fitch at 170 lbs
Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Koscheck at 170 lbs
Joey Villasenor vs. Chris Leben at 185 lbs
Kimbo Slice vs. Brock Lesnar at Heavyweight
Smd277
1/18/08 12:26:23PM
god the ufc would kill and there arent even names mentioned on the ufc roster like, wanderlei, or chuck, tim sylvia, anderson ufc would destroy.
DCRage
1/18/08 12:41:30PM
With matchups like that, UFC would really have its hands full. The World would do quite well in several matchups.
LayinFrame
1/18/08 3:50:42PM
most of the fights on the card would be fantastic to watch, allthough a couple of them, ufc would just straight murder.
postman
1/18/08 3:51:42PM
The more I think about it Shaw is kinda right it would be cool to see fights between orgs but is see the down side also.
SpiderSilva
1/18/08 5:04:43PM
I know Kimbo is big but I would love to see this fight

KIMBO vs RAMPAGE

xchickox
1/18/08 5:08:44PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

ROUND 2: THE UFC STEPS INTO THE PRO ELITE CAGE
The Main Event:

The Card:

Swing Bout:

The Undercard:

The UFC would dominate this card, the only fights i can see going to elite xc would be robbie lawler (i think he can beat anderson) and the jake shields fight but i think this should be GSP vs shields and GSP would win that
NatedawgThaM
1/18/08 5:22:15PM
I think the UFC will shut them out in 4 divisions. Rampage, Anderson, Joe or BJ should win there fights. I just think Fedor would spank Randy. It really just depends if it's in a cage or a ring.

Randy loves to SNP. He wants to hold you against the cage and throw elbows. The only time he didn't was against Big Tim and that's only because Tim was bigger. If it's in a ring I don't think Randy could use elbows and I doubt he's able to hold Fedor against the ropes so I think Fedor wins that one. Maybe if all fights are in the cage the UFC can get the shut out. But like I said, environment means EVERYTHING
murphy_16
1/18/08 7:56:18PM
kimbo is fukin shit
jiujitsufreak74
1/18/08 8:06:45PM
only division that would be in trouble would be the LW division (excluding sherk and penn) and whoever faces fedor. besides that, the UFC does in fact have the best fighters in the world, this is just another attempt from shaw to try and get publicity for his venue. i mean hey, why blame him but i am not taking this seriously and neither will the ufc. if this ever did happen, it would be great for the sport, but it would only increase the dominance the ufc has over the mma world in their respective divisions. no LHW would touch any UFC LHW, the MWs aren't good enough to even look in the direction of anderson silva right now (including filho), jake shields is the only other good WW and he wouldn't beat anyone in the top 6 imo, and HW would dominate everyone except for fedor. as i said before the only all around interesting match-ups would be at LW with fighters like ishida, kawijari, melendez, gomi, yamamoto (if he isn't FW) and sakurai taking their shots at the very overrated ufc LWs. i think that they would put tyson griffin and roger huerta in their place (even though i am a huge huerta fan) and shake things up. but alas this won't happen so all of these potential mach-ups will exist in the clouds of MMA fans' imaginations and then 3 years later when the interest has faded somewhat they will happen as happened with chuck and wandy.
juanez13
1/18/08 9:07:07PM
i think the UFC would come out on top at the end of the day, remember guys like nick diaz and robbie lawler were cut from the UFC and sakurai had lost to hughes before, but also making featherweight bouts with guys from the UFC, i doubt it that edgar or griffin could cut down to 145, and if they did they would loose some of their attributes that make them as good as they are, not to mention the UFC owns WEC, so it'd be more like faber vs kid....also for the roster of the world i would add denis kang, fedor....but also for the UFC roster, Jason Macdonald? really. i never tought he was considered as one of the top middleweights in the UFC, especially since loosing to okami and franklin, maybe put kampman isntead, or thales leites............also if you take a close look, there arent any LHW matches, maybe you should add for the world belfort, Lil Nog, arona, but i think for the LHW the UFC takes it fairly easy, with guys liek shogun already having won against most of them, and guys like rampage, chuck, wandy in the UFC roster.......
Shawn17
1/19/08 1:41:44AM
Dana is too much of a pussy to except that deal because he knows at least a few of his guys would lose and it would look bad for his organization. The fight i want to see is Robbie Lawler v. Frank Shamrock, that fight is actually possible too.
Pookie
1/19/08 1:56:00AM
I think Gesias Calvancante would absolutely destroy Joe Stevenson.
There on completely different levels.

Gesias
Noons
Kid yamamoto
Filho
Lindland
Barnett
Fedor
Milendez
Sakurai
Shamrock
Akiyama

Would all win their fights.

17-11 UFC would win overall.
Pitbull09
1/19/08 3:45:46AM
I would love to one day see Elite and UFC go in a cross promotion but I would wait a year or two for it. Elite is stills growing for now. The sad truth is however that unless Elite XC was bought out by UFC (wont happen), we wont have anything like that and they would prob just bring all the fighters to UFC like they did with Pride.

Damn, the two best promotions should have fights like this at least once every five years to prove who is the undisputed world champion in each weight class.
fantang7
1/19/08 5:08:25AM
I'd be excited to just see Fedor actually fight some serious heavyweights. He might be the most over-hyped fighter in history - the problem is, he does things like fight guys 50 pounds lighter (and almost gets handed his ass, only saved by grabbing the ropes to avoid take-downs). I'd love to see Randy show Fedor what its like to actually fight someone anywhere near your own ranking. I know Fedor has done so in the past, but as far as I can tell the man is currently doing what he can to avoid a serious challenge...
RampageOwnedYou
1/19/08 5:11:32AM
Dana would never do this.
I think it would be something for the ages.
You did a good job on most of your fights, and it would be a dream for any Hardcore MMA fan to see this.

If Dana did go along with this, id give him much respect, but we all know it wont happen.

Too bad though, would be amazing!
AchillesHeel
1/19/08 10:39:06AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

[...] i am not taking this seriously and neither will the ufc. [...]this won't happen so all of these potential mach-ups will exist in the clouds of MMA fans' imaginations

Yeah, pretty much. I'd be shocked if Dana White actually picked up that gauntlet.

Posted by juanez13

i think the UFC would come out on top at the end of the day, remember guys like nick diaz and robbie lawler were cut from the UFC[...]

True, but they've both improved since then, imho. I think they'd lose the matchups I gave them here, but I think they'd be competitive in the UFC today.

Posted by juanez13

i doubt it that edgar or griffin could cut down to 145, and if they did they would loose some of their attributes that make them as good as they are, not to mention the UFC owns WEC

I'm think 145 is Griffin and Edgar's more natural weight, actually. I think the Griffin-Faber fight was at 145, for instance (don't quote me on that, though). Also, Zuffa owns the WEC, not the UFC. WEC fighters aren't UFC fighters.

Posted by juanez13

also for the roster of the world i would add denis kang

I thought about him, but went with Akiyama instead. *shrug* There are lots of quality fighters I didn't include here.

Posted by juanez13

Jason Macdonald? [...]maybe put kampman isntead, or thales leites

Certainly. There are plenty of good fighters around and my matchups above aren't by any means exhaustive.

Posted by juanez13

............also if you take a close look, there arent any LHW matches, [...]but i think for the LHW the UFC takes it fairly easy, with guys liek shogun already having won against most of them, and guys like rampage, chuck, wandy in the UFC roster.......

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. 205 lbs is the division at which the UFC unequivocally wtfpwns everybody else. The competitive fighters who aren't currently in the UFC are former Pride fighters, and I was trying to line up matchups that we hadn't already seen before. I suppose I could have added something like Forrest Griffin vs. Lil' Nog and Keith Jardine vs. Ricardo Arona.

I considered Melvin Manhoef, but you'd have to go pretty deep in the UFC's Light-heavyweight division to find a good matchup for him (Manhoef vs. Rampage? *yawn*). You'd have to go even deeper to find a good matchup for guys like Doug Marshall, Brian Stann and Bobby Southworth. I think Marshall would be a good match for someone like Stephan Bonnar, but that fight doesn't deserve to be on a card like this.
AchillesHeel
1/19/08 11:09:35AM
I realized that I completely forgot about the IFL, so just for SnGs, here's...

ROUND 3: THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER vs. THE IFL

Main Event:
Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Michael Bisping at 205 lbs

Main Card: The Lightweight Rumble
Ryan Schultz vs. Mac Danzig at 155 lbs
Chris Horodecki vs. Manny Gamburyan at 155 lbs
Bart Palaszewski vs. Joe Lauzon at 155 lbs
Deividas Taurosevicius vs. Nate Diaz at 155 lbs

Swing Bout:
Matt Horwich vs. Travis Lutter at 185 lbs

Undercard:
Antonio McKee vs. Matt Arroyo at 170 lbs
Jay Heiron vs. George Sotiropoulos at 170 lbs
Benji Radach vs. Patrick Coté at 185 lbs
AchillesHeel
1/19/08 12:07:10PM

Posted by Pookie

Gesias
Noons
Kid yamamoto
Filho
Lindland
Barnett
Fedor
Milendez
Sakurai
Shamrock
Akiyama

I agree that these would be the most competitive fights, but I'm not as confident as you are about the outcomes.

Fedor vs. Randy - in the Octagon, with elbows: Fedor's judo is of epic proportions, and a match against Randy's wrestling is an interesting thought exercise. I have a hard time imagining Randy being taken down, and Fedor seems vulnerable, relatively speaking, to cuts.

Kid Yamamoto vs. Tyson Griffin: It seems to me that, as a rule, fighters who have found success in Japan sorely underestimate American wrestlers. I think Faber and Griffin would give Yamamoto Hell.

Paulo Filho vs. Hendo: I just can't see Filho pulling this one off. Top-caliber grapplers seem to be Henderson's vulnerability, if you could call it that, but except for his wake-up call against Misaki, he simply doesn't lose at Middleweight. Anderson Silva - arguably the top Middleweight in the world right now, and much more well-rounded than Filho - has a good chance to beat Henderson.

Lindland vs. Franklin: A close one, obviously. However, I would favor Franklin, who is virtually impossible to submit. I'm sure that Lindland doesn't have anywhere near the striking skills of Anderson Silva or Lyoto Machida, and Ace all but obliterated solid, but not elite, strikers Nate Quarry and David Loiseau.

Barnett vs. Arlovski: Could go either way, but Arlovski has much better grappling skills than the other strikers Barnett has fought (Cro Cop, Hunt, Schilt, Aleks Emelianenko). And even though Barnett looks beefier than Arlovski, they're actually about the same size.

KJ Noons vs. Kenny Florian: I think Florian's standup has improved a lot, and I think he could take Noons down and make it his game.

Melendez vs. Huerta, Sakurai vs. Parisyan, Shamrock vs. MacDonald,Akiyama vs. Okami, and JZ Calvan vs. Joe Daddy: I agree with your picks here, although I think you're underestimating Stevenson. One thing I like most about him is his coolness under fire, and Frank Mir said that Stevenson is one of the strongest guys he's ever rolled with. Obviously we'll learn a lot about him today/this evening.

Jake Shields vs. Matt Serra: A lot depends upon just how much Serra's standup has improved. If he can avoid Serra's punching power and submissions, I think Shields has the wrestling to take a Decision.

Kimbo Slice vs. Brock Lesnar could go either way, if only because they're both such unknown commodities. Like Mir said, there's not a lot of tape on Lesnar to study.
cmill21
1/19/08 12:11:24PM
The Main Event:
Fedor Emelianenko (M-1 Global) vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture at Heavyweight

The Main Card:
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (K-1 HERO's) vs. Tyson Griffin at 145 lbs
Urijah Faber (WEC) vs. Frank Edgar at 145 lbs
Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti (K-1 HERO's) vs. Joe Stevenson at 155 lbs
Shinya Aoki vs. Georges St. Pierre at 170 lbs
Paulo Filho (WEC) vs. Dan Henderson at 185 lbs
Matt Lindland vs. Rich Franklin at 185 lbs
Josh Barnett vs. Andrei Arlovski at Heavyweight

The Undercard:
Gilbert Melendez (Strikeforce) vs. Roger Huerta at 155 lbs
Takanori Gomi vs. Sean Sherk at 160 lbs(LnP)
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Karo Parisyan at 170 lbs
Carlos Condit (WEC) vs. Diego Sanchez at 170 lbs
Frank Shamrock (Strikeforce) vs. Jason MacDonald at 185 lbs
Cung Le (Strikeforce) vs. Nate Marquardt at 185 lbs
Yoshihiro Akiyama (K-1 HERO's) vs. Yushin Okami at 185 lbs
Alistair Overeem (Strikeforce) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga at Heavyweight

Those are my pics for that card. I do think the UFC has a weaker LW div then K-1. I don't think the UFC has all the talent, and I do think there are some of the best fighters in the world outside of the UFC.
NatedawgThaM
1/19/08 12:23:47PM
Shoot, forgot about JZ, scratch what I said earlier. I was only paying attention to EliteXC for some reason.

JZ Cal. over BJ or Joe daddy
GSP over Jake Shields barely
Anderson Silva over Robbie Lawler by brutal knockout
Rampage over Ricardo Arona
Fedor over Randy

I think JZ is best LW in the world, GSP vs Jake would be a war but I just think GSP will barley squeeze that out. Hendo is the only person I can see beating Anderson now that's he at the Black House. Rampage is the best in the world at LHW and Fedor vs Randy kind of depend. If you can use elbows in a cage, I got to go Randy. In a ring Feodr would kill him.

UFC would closely edge it out.
Pookie
1/19/08 2:50:31PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by Pookie

Gesias
Noons
Kid yamamoto
Filho
Lindland
Barnett
Fedor
Milendez
Sakurai
Shamrock
Akiyama

I agree that these would be the most competitive fights, but I'm not as confident as you are about the outcomes.

Fedor vs. Randy - in the Octagon, with elbows: Fedor's judo is of epic proportions, and a match against Randy's wrestling is an interesting thought exercise. I have a hard time imagining Randy being taken down, and Fedor seems vulnerable, relatively speaking, to cuts.

Kid Yamamoto vs. Tyson Griffin: It seems to me that, as a rule, fighters who have found success in Japan sorely underestimate American wrestlers. I think Faber and Griffin would give Yamamoto Hell.

Paulo Filho vs. Hendo: I just can't see Filho pulling this one off. Top-caliber grapplers seem to be Henderson's vulnerability, if you could call it that, but except for his wake-up call against Misaki, he simply doesn't lose at Middleweight. Anderson Silva - arguably the top Middleweight in the world right now, and much more well-rounded than Filho - has a good chance to beat Henderson.

Lindland vs. Franklin: A close one, obviously. However, I would favor Franklin, who is virtually impossible to submit. I'm sure that Lindland doesn't have anywhere near the striking skills of Anderson Silva or Lyoto Machida, and Ace all but obliterated solid, but not elite, strikers Nate Quarry and David Loiseau.

Barnett vs. Arlovski: Could go either way, but Arlovski has much better grappling skills than the other strikers Barnett has fought (Cro Cop, Hunt, Schilt, Aleks Emelianenko). And even though Barnett looks beefier than Arlovski, they're actually about the same size.

KJ Noons vs. Kenny Florian: I think Florian's standup has improved a lot, and I think he could take Noons down and make it his game.

Melendez vs. Huerta, Sakurai vs. Parisyan, Shamrock vs. MacDonald,Akiyama vs. Okami, and JZ Calvan vs. Joe Daddy: I agree with your picks here, although I think you're underestimating Stevenson. One thing I like most about him is his coolness under fire, and Frank Mir said that Stevenson is one of the strongest guys he's ever rolled with. Obviously we'll learn a lot about him today/this evening.

Jake Shields vs. Matt Serra: A lot depends upon just how much Serra's standup has improved. If he can avoid Serra's punching power and submissions, I think Shields has the wrestling to take a Decision.

Kimbo Slice vs. Brock Lesnar could go either way, if only because they're both such unknown commodities. Like Mir said, there's not a lot of tape on Lesnar to study.

Most japanese fighters dont have a wrestling pedigree. Kid does. Kids wrestling is of olympic calibur. and i think could throw around anybody at 145.

I see randy with a vulnerability to submissions and at a slight weakness in all areas(clinch, ground, stand-up).

You hit the nail on the head as to why i picked filho. i think it would be even but filho on the ground is better, and could win a UD or a submission

And i just think lindland is in another league compared to franklin. when he fought rampage, jackson was already training with ibarra. He almost beat the same jackson who stopped chuck and overwhelmed henderson.

mrsmiley
1/19/08 4:45:04PM

Posted by Shawn17

Dana is too much of a pussy to except that deal because he knows at least a few of his guys would lose and it would look bad for his organization. The fight i want to see is Robbie Lawler v. Frank Shamrock, that fight is actually possible too.

I don't know.He was brave enough to send Chuck to PRIDE and he went 2-1.I think it comes down to Dana wanting EliteXC to prove they are worthy of the UFC's attention.PRIDE was a big player that could stand on its own two legs and that's why he sent Liddell over their.I think ELITEXC has the potential to be a major player,and it really looks like to me they are setting the pieces up rather nicely,but I think this would look more viable to Dana if ELITEXC is able to build up more steam within the next 3-5 years.
The-Don
6/22/08 2:49:58PM
Wow interesting match up.. alot of people seem to think the UFC guys whould whoop up on everyone.. honestly.. While I would give the edge to the UFC over all.. I think it would be alot closer in many weight classes then people would realize... and I'd group the WEC with the UFC same parent company
Thunderfighting
6/22/08 3:47:58PM
If Dana put the UFC against the world......it would be pretty even. Only if you had the best fighters possible fighting eachother. The UFC hasmost of the worlds best fighers, but there are a few scattered out the ranks of the smaller organizations. And if you truely brought the true best to fight against the UFC's best, then it would be pretty even. But i still see the UFC winning all or most of the tough ones.
Pitbull09
6/22/08 6:19:35PM
That does look like a good card but it looks like your on shaw's side here as all these matchups appear to favor the world. You pretty much put all the champs of other orgs vs guys on the lower end of the UFC. I agree that you have some high UFC guys but you decided to match BJ up with a guy in a higher weight class. Also Tyson Griffin fights Yamoto since we already know he beat Urijah Faber (who is fighting Edgar on his card which you see Faber winning as it would be liek Edgar/Maynard)

My point is it is a good card but you set it up to be a good card. Use Liddell, Wanderlei, and someone better than Check Kongo at heavyweight and UFC would do a lot of damage
StriderXero
6/23/08 10:58:43AM
I would rearrange some of the match ups you have there.

I think BJ vs Aoki would be a great fight for a bunch of BJJ fans.

Faber vs Yamamoto........Kid I thinks takes this hands down.

JZ Calvan vs Sherk

Gomi vs Huerta

Cung Le vs Anderson

Florian vs Melendez

Shogun vs Kimbo........I just wanna see Kimbo get crushed, like the can he is

Hendo vs Lawler

Franklin vs Mayhem

AchillesHeel
6/23/08 12:46:19PM
Wow. Didn't expect to see this thread again.

Posted by The-Don

and I'd group the WEC with the UFC same parent company

Yeah, this is only a serving suggestion.

Posted by Pitbull09

That does look like a good card but it looks like your on shaw's side here as all these matchups appear to favor the world.

I disagree, but I guess that's the whole point of these threads.

Posted by Pitbull09

You pretty much put all the champs of other orgs vs guys on the lower end of the UFC.

Um... I'm not sure what to say to this, other than 'look again.'

Posted by Pitbull09

I agree that you have some high UFC guys but you decided to match BJ up with a guy in a higher weight class.

Well, Penn is one of the best 170-lb fighters in the world, and frankly I think he'd murder Diaz at 160. It's probably not a good matchup for that reason.

Posted by Pitbull09

Also Tyson Griffin fights Yamoto since we already know he beat Urijah Faber (who is fighting Edgar on his card which you see Faber winning as it would be liek Edgar/Maynard)

I posted these matchups before Edgar/Maynard, but yes, it might look similar. I think Maynard has a size advantage over Edgard, which wouldn't be true of Faber.

Posted by Pitbull09

My point is it is a good card but you set it up to be a good card. Use Liddell, Wanderlei, and someone better than Check Kongo at heavyweight and UFC would do a lot of damage

I did set them up to be good cards, yes, but I also spread the UFC roster across all three cards, without using anyone twice. Anyway, I think the UFC fighters would win 8 of these 11 fights pretty handily:

The only fight where I would almost certainly pick the EliteXC fighter is Shields over Serra.

And I think Cheick Kongo would beat the tar out of James Thompson.
AchillesHeel
6/23/08 12:49:38PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I realized that I completely forgot about the IFL, so just for SnGs, here's...

ROUND 3: THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER vs. THE IFL

Main Event:
Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Michael Bisping at 205 lbs

Main Card: The Lightweight Rumble
Ryan Schultz vs. Mac Danzig at 155 lbs
Chris Horodecki vs. Manny Gamburyan at 155 lbs
Bart Palaszewski vs. Joe Lauzon at 155 lbs
Deividas Taurosevicius vs. Nate Diaz at 155 lbs

Swing Bout:
Matt Horwich vs. Travis Lutter at 185 lbs

Undercard:
Antonio McKee vs. Matt Arroyo at 170 lbs
Jay Heiron vs. George Sotiropoulos at 170 lbs
Benji Radach vs. Patrick Coté at 185 lbs

I guess we could change this last one to "Benji Radach vs. Amir Sadollah" now, eh?
AchillesHeel
6/23/08 12:58:03PM

Posted by StriderXero

I think BJ vs Aoki would be a great fight for a bunch of BJJ fans.

I'd have to disagree. I think this would be Penn knocking the crap out of Aoki in a boxing match.
Pages: [1] 2