More words from Cro Cop

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » More words from Cro Cop
cmill21
2/16/08 3:28:49AM
Link

On the UFC
Fighting in the cage just didn't feel good. The real problem was in me, not in the UFC or the cage. That wasn't who I am and I will return one day to fight in the cage. I owe this to all of my fans and especially my UK fans.

On Dana White
I can perfectly understand a decreased interest in me after my bad performances. It's just business and you can't blame the UFC or Mr. White for putting me aside. I can only say that Mr. White acted very professional and I had no problem in getting released from my UFC contract. I also hope that we'll always respect each other and perhaps work together in the future.

On Dream and the contract
My dream has come true, I'll fight in Japan again. I've signed a three fight contract with a possibility of extension.
It's where I had some memorable moments, where I feel at home. DREAM is a new organization with a good management and huge potential. Japan is a big market and these guys know how to bring something to a high level. I'll do my best to help them on that way.

On title fights
Yes, there were some talk of me being involved in a first DREAM heavyweight title fight. I'm welcoming this opportunity and I'm willing to fight anyone they put me against. I feel reborn and I'll be on a quest for the most anticipated titles in the world.

On possible Cro Cop vs Fedor II
The moment our first fight finished I wanted to fight him again. He's a brilliant fighter and it would be a honor to fight him again. This fight is really a nice thought, but I'll take one step at a time and we'll see what happens.

On problems and defeats
The losses came from a lack of motivation. I was really empty, I had no fire left in me. It's something that is probably the worst scenario for a professional fighter. What was left for me was to give a serious thought about if I had anything left in me. Now I feel different, but you just can't bring the time back. Hopefully I'll have my chance to fight against these fighters again.

I have been having major problems getting onto the site to read his blogs, they are so overwhelmed with people it's eating the bandwidth, so I posted what he said so if you guys are having problems you don't have to wait 8 hours. I hope everyone can be as respectful as Cro Cop always is when discussing his words.
telnights
2/16/08 3:39:47AM

Posted by cmill21

Link

On the UFC
Fighting in the cage just didn't feel good. The real problem was in me, not in the UFC or the cage. That wasn't who I am and I will return one day to fight in the cage. I owe this to all of my fans and especially my UK fans.

Man I was just saying the other day that he looked out of place in the cage in all of his UFC fights.

Posted by cmill21
On Dana White
I can perfectly understand a decreased interest in me after my bad performances. It's just business and you can't blame the UFC or Mr. White for putting me aside. I can only say that Mr. White acted very professional and I had no problem in getting released from my UFC contract. I also hope that we'll always respect each other and perhaps work together in the future.

I hope this will get people to stop trash talking Dana as if he is Dr Evil!

hippysmacker
2/16/08 3:41:19AM
I was alreay a fan if his, but those were some classy answers. Maybe you should Pm this to Kongo, and he can learn something about being respectful.
BlazinSaddle
2/16/08 4:00:34AM
i still truly believe he can be champ and could even beat fedor and randy just my opinion
telnights
2/16/08 4:50:55AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I was alreay a fan if his, but those were some classy answers. Maybe you should Pm this to Kongo, and he can learn something about being respectful.

Yeah he was very professional. Its nice breath of fresh air for a change in the MMA world.
NatedawgThaM
2/16/08 6:51:08AM
Cro Cop-Randleman 3, Cro Cop-Fedor 2, Cro Cop-Barnett 3, and Cro Cop-Mark Hunt 2...

Then Dana gets him back into the UFC...

Cro Cop-Gonzaga 2(Losers final UFC fight) Cro Cop-Kongo 2, Cro Cop-Big Nog 2

I love what the future holds outside the UFC with Randleman and Cro Cop getting back to there true form and plus that freakin sick ass stacked lightweight grand prix next month....

silverbullet
2/16/08 11:06:11AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Cro Cop-Randleman 3, Cro Cop-Fedor 2, Cro Cop-Barnett 3, and Cro Cop-Mark Hunt 2...

Then Dana gets him back into the UFC...

Cro Cop-Gonzaga 2(Losers final UFC fight) Cro Cop-Kongo 2, Cro Cop-Big Nog 2

I love what the future holds outside the UFC with Randleman and Cro Cop getting back to there true form and plus that freakin sick ass stacked lightweight grand prix next month....

Kevin Randleman's popularity is a mystery to me. The guy won decisions against Sobral (6 years ago) and Rizzo (8 years ago) and that's about it! He won a freak match against CC (4 years ago) which was later avenged. Who did Randleman beat to gain himself such incredible popularity?! Yes, he did suplex Fedor once before being punched out.

I feel like Randleman, Cro Cop, and Fedor are these ghosts of Pride past that hardcore fans keep alive in their memories. Randleman hasn't won against a decent opponent since 2004. Cro Cop was humiliated in the UFC. Fedor has not won against a decent opponent since his 2004 decision against Big Nog.
Ordep
2/16/08 11:06:22AM
the best act of professionalism that I see since that moment in Wandy's locker room after losing to Chuck
Dana: "I Loved the fight"
Wandy: "Are you happy?"
Dana: "YES!"
Wandy" Then I'm happy, Boss"

Pure class CC... props to him, warning for Kongo
tuvok500
2/16/08 11:23:02AM

Posted by cmill21

Link

On the UFC

On Dana White

On Dream and the contract
My dream has come true, I'll fight in Japan again. I've signed a three fight contract with a possibility of extension.
It's where I had some memorable moments, where I feel at home. DREAM is a new organization with a good management and huge potential. Japan is a big market and these guys know how to bring something to a high level. I'll do my best to help them on that way.

On title fights
Yes, there were some talk of me being involved in a first DREAM heavyweight title fight. I'm welcoming this opportunity and I'm willing to fight anyone they put me against. I feel reborn and I'll be on a quest for the most anticipated titles in the world.

On possible Cro Cop vs Fedor II
The moment our first fight finished I wanted to fight him again. He's a brilliant fighter and it would be a honor to fight him again. This fight is really a nice thought, but I'll take one step at a time and we'll see what happens.

On problems and defeats
The losses came from a lack of motivation. I was really empty, I had no fire left in me. It's something that is probably the worst scenario for a professional fighter. What was left for me was to give a serious thought about if I had anything left in me. Now I feel different, but you just can't bring the time back. Hopefully I'll have my chance to fight against these fighters again.

I have been having major problems getting onto the site to read his blogs, they are so overwhelmed with people it's eating the bandwidth, so I posted what he said so if you guys are having problems you don't have to wait 8 hours. I hope everyone can be as respectful as Cro Cop always is when discussing his words.

I have read this article yesterday on ufc fight club !!
like you said the guy is respectful and specially to Dana, something that i hope a lot of peoples here will do now !!

Good luck CC !!

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/16/08 7:05:10PM
cc please stay. i want you to kick gonzaga's head off.
Rush
2/16/08 7:12:45PM

Posted by silverbullet

Who did Randleman beat to gain himself such incredible popularity?!

He did also have a lay n' pray victory over Bas. The judges didn't see it that way though.

I think Randleman's popularity stems from the fact that he is very explosive, and although lost a lot of fights, can deliver entertainment at any moment. IMO, you don't have to keep winning to be a entertaining fighter.
RMFG_187
2/17/08 1:11:43PM
Kevin Randleman has POWER, SHEER POWER. Rampage agreed that Kevin has the hardest Punch outta anyone he has fought. plus theres the Slam on Fedor
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 2:45:11PM
as a cro cop fan im happy hes leaving to be honest. it sucks he wont be fighting top competition yet. but he needs to go back to where hes better at. its better for his career, and as seen hes not the same fighter in a cage as in aring