Any word on TUF 9 weight class and tryouts?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Any word on TUF 9 weight class and tryouts?
Ronin74
9/16/08 10:16:09AM
Hey gang, has anyone heard anything about when the next TUF tryouts will be? I got a guy who is looking to tryout but I haven't been able to find any info for season 9 yet or which weight classes they're going to be looking for.

Any info would be helpful.

Thnx
DCRage
9/16/08 10:26:57AM
Season 8 hasn't even started airing yet and usually they don't start advertising until near the end of or after the current season, so check back in about 3 months. If I had to guess what Season 9 would be, I'd predict Welterweights.
gartface
9/16/08 10:34:37AM

Posted by DCRage

Season 8 hasn't even started airing yet and usually they don't start advertising until near the end of or after the current season, so check back in about 3 months. If I had to guess what Season 9 would be, I'd predict Welterweights.

I would predict welterweights as well, even though though it needs to be heavyweight and middleweight.
DCRage
9/16/08 10:49:53AM
Maybe Heavies, but not Middles after they just did them.
theman209
9/17/08 3:10:17AM
It only makes sense for them to do Heavyweights now. If they can't find enough guys, two weight classes wouldn't hurt I suppose. I say either just Heavyweights or Heavyweights/welterweights.
Pitbull09
9/17/08 5:33:49PM

Posted by theman209

It only makes sense for them to do Heavyweights now. If they can't find enough guys, two weight classes wouldn't hurt I suppose. I say either just Heavyweights or Heavyweights/welterweights.

I dont think they should do HWs for a long time. There arnt enough legit free agents to use for something like that. Most of the guys on Tuf have good records. If they did HW's, most of them would have .500 records and not stand a chance in the UFC even after a couple of fights.

Stick with LHW and lower
StorminYourman
9/17/08 7:27:29PM
Heavies would be awesome. Unfortunately for MMA , big athletic men prefer to go to more lucrative sports(basketball,football,etc). Once the fighters start getting paid more that hopefully will change. So MMA right now as a whole does not have a very large or diverse range of great and up and coming heavies to choose from. Look at season two's of true heavies and you will see what I mean.
Aaronno9
9/17/08 9:17:49PM
Incase you missed it, its going to be WW and MW. Only place they mentioned try outs was in london in the UK. US vs UK theme could be interesting, and US wrestlers should be very happy about it.
jgtribbett
9/17/08 9:28:27PM
chi town also
haggiswashere
9/18/08 12:45:21AM
this has the dates and where. they are coming to chicago for tryoutshttp://www.sherdog.com/news/news/tuf-9-targets-170-and-185-divisions-14440