Any word on Kurt Angle's progress into thje MMA world?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Any word on Kurt Angle's progress into thje MMA world?
cjandnw
3/5/07 10:25:50PM
I hope Kurt is healthy enough after all of his back injuries to compete in MMA.
madmarck
3/5/07 10:32:24PM
I think his neck will be a bigger issue. It was seriously broke a few years back. And he has been doing Pro Wrestling for a few years so i doubt that helped.
But right now i think he is more talk. I have heard nothing of him in contract negoations with any org. He has simply said that he wants to fight Randy and Chuck. So i think he is blowing smoke right now.
I also havent heard anything about him training for MMA.
poll77
3/5/07 11:34:36PM
yeah i think he is full of it, i would LOVE to see him fight randy or chuck though just to see him get his head beat in
argile
3/6/07 1:05:42AM
There is a difference between fake fighting and real fighting, i'll wait until he fights Chuck to see and laugh.
JoeMimic
3/6/07 1:34:30AM
Kurt Angle up to this point has only been working out one thing; his mouth. Until he signs with someone and begins to train there isn't really a need to talk about him. Yes he's an olympic gold medalist but he's not an MMA fighter at least not yet. Let's talk about Brock Lesnar who is training and training hard from all reports for his first MMA fight.
madmarck
3/6/07 9:48:52AM

Posted by JoeMimic

Kurt Angle up to this point has only been working out one thing; his mouth. Until he signs with someone and begins to train there isn't really a need to talk about him. Yes he's an olympic gold medalist but he's not an MMA fighter at least not yet. Let's talk about Brock Lesnar who is training and training hard from all reports for his first MMA fight.

Agreed. Until Angle does something to make it for sure that he is gonna fight screw em.
Lay_N_Pray
3/6/07 3:59:50PM
I have no clue why he is calling out the best fighers in the world, but that is beside the point.

Rumor has it that Dixie Carter, President of TNA, was contacted by Elite XC to have Angle come in and fight. Angle has stated that he hopes to sign on to fight. He said if he wins he would like to fight two more matches, and if he were to lose he would not do it again.

He also said that if he were to sign he would not fight the match until winter or next spring because he would take 6 months to train in submissions and striking.
madmarck
3/6/07 6:57:32PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I have no clue why he is calling out the best fighers in the world, but that is beside the point.

Rumor has it that Dixie Carter, President of TNA, was contacted by Elite XC to have Angle come in and fight. Angle has stated that he hopes to sign on to fight. He said if he wins he would like to fight two more matches, and if he were to lose he would not do it again.

He also said that if he were to sign he would not fight the match until winter or next spring because he would take 6 months to train in submissions and striking.

do you know why he wants to sign with Elite XC? he probably saw Brandon Vera's contract and said "i want that to fight cans!"
mmadb
3/6/07 10:55:29PM
He wants to fight in the UFC, but Dana won't sign him if he continues to wrestle in the meantime, he made a commitment to TNA and says he will not break that commitment but Dana want's exclusivity which just doesn't seem like it's in the cards. Elite XC would be a better fit because they could care less and TNA gave Kurt to go ahead so I could see that happening. If he had success only then could I see him leave TNA and go for the UFC.
waylon_o
3/7/07 8:25:33AM
He should probably worry more about the new steroid allegations than a new MMA career...he's about to get busted!
ffforgottenx
3/7/07 9:17:21AM

Posted by waylon_o

He should probably worry more about the new steroid allegations than a new MMA career...he's about to get busted!

haha damn.. you beat me to it

link
madmarck
3/7/07 2:08:35PM

Posted by mmadb

He wants to fight in the UFC, but Dana won't sign him if he continues to wrestle in the meantime, he made a commitment to TNA and says he will not break that commitment but Dana want's exclusivity which just doesn't seem like it's in the cards. Elite XC would be a better fit because they could care less and TNA gave Kurt to go ahead so I could see that happening. If he had success only then could I see him leave TNA and go for the UFC.

I heard a rumour that Angle said that Dana offered him 10mil to fight but he turned it down. I seriously doubt that and it was probably just some sherdog troll. B/c that is the most of any fighter in the world in MMA or Pro wrestling.
papercut
3/7/07 5:21:26PM

Posted by poll77

yeah i think he is full of it, i would LOVE to see him fight randy or chuck though just to see him get his head beat in

I would also love to see him fight that would last maybe 2 minutes but I think I'm giving kurt a compliment by saying that
mmadb
3/8/07 10:32:59AM

Posted by madmarck

I heard a rumour that Angle said that Dana offered him 10mil to fight but he turned it down. I seriously doubt that and it was probably just some sherdog troll. B/c that is the most of any fighter in the world in MMA or Pro wrestling.

If that's true Angle must be one loyal son a bitch.
Berti
3/8/07 9:02:31PM
some of the best fighters were wrestlers first, not to say that he is good...just a good wrestler im sure.
jdubs
3/8/07 9:40:44PM
there was an article about him in real fighter mag, it was pretty interesting. he is apparently training his ass of and he has the mentality that if he did not venture off in to pro wrestling that he would have been the best.. there is 1 problem though, his neck.
ryderstrong69
3/17/07 11:27:26PM
he better stop asking tofight top 10 fighters because any top 10 would destroy him
madmarck
3/18/07 5:56:35PM

Posted by ryderstrong69

he better stop asking tofight top 10 fighters because any top 10 would destroy him

Top 10? Any top 100 fighter at 205 or a above would manhandle him.
ryderstrong69
3/24/07 9:18:27AM
he will suck in mma to old and beat up