Will you or wont you buy it?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Will you or wont you buy it?
POLL: SO?
Buying it 32% (10)
Not buying it 39% (12)
Going to go to a bar 29% (9)
babytater03
4/24/08 11:57:20AM
How many in the playground honestly will buy the June card if they dont get a better Main event?

I personally am already planning on just going up to a sports bar and watch it there with some buds. There's no way i'm paying for an Irvin v. Rashad main event or Bisping v. Leben.

i'm not being cheap here...i'm just not going to pay out for a card that's fallen apart is all. With so many fighters in their stable i can't believe that J. Silva couldn't match anyone better than this.
Cladrix
4/24/08 12:01:39PM
I will probably go to a bar and see it...... it might be free on Spike TV so that will be cool.
babytater03
4/24/08 12:05:32PM

Posted by Cladrix

I will probably go to a bar and see it...... it might be free on Spike TV so that will be cool.

that's what they need to do if this thing isn't going to have a better main event. Period.
Twenty20Dollars
4/24/08 12:20:22PM
you should prolly put what event it is for first.

but yeah this card is more solid than 83 even though it doesnt have a big main event it has alot better undercard fights IMO.
prozacnation1978
4/24/08 1:07:01PM
i agree this is better fight card than one in canada. best thing to do is have it free on spike, i hope to get wise and do that. but if they do add the bisping vs leban fight make it a 6 fight main event, i will buy it. all the other matches are solid, nate vs thales, swick vs davis, vera vs werdum,
bam383
4/24/08 1:24:54PM
I'll buy it. Whether it be myself having people over, or going somewhere else -- i'll be watching it.
Rabi
4/24/08 2:10:02PM
Ive just read on another forum, that Frank Mir v Justin McCully has been cancelled and the new main event for UFC 85 is Nog v Mir.

Now that would make this card an amzing card.
AchillesHeel
4/24/08 2:53:35PM
I agree that this looks like a good card that's missing a Main Event. That said, I'll probably buy it even if they don't add a marquee matchup. If it's on SPIKE, this would be a fantastic event.

At this stage, with only 7 weeks to train, I don't know if any big fighters would want to face each other with a lot on the line. However, if I were Joe Silva or Dana White, I might see if Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin were willing to ride to the rescue. That's a fight I've wanted to see for years, and I think both guys are typically in good shape. 6 or 7 weeks might be enough for them to get into fighting form.
babytater03
4/24/08 2:56:00PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

However, if I were Joe Silva or Dana White, I might see if Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin were willing to ride to the rescue....

now that's wishful thinking
though i'd LOVE to see it as well.
AchillesHeel
4/24/08 3:06:09PM

Posted by babytater03

now that's wishful thinking

No question. I don't think Franklin picked up any dramatic injuries against Lutter, but he could have any number of "normal" aches and bruises that could make such a quick return to the cage essentially impossible.
GrandMaster313
4/24/08 3:46:02PM
a bunch of us friends all watch it every PPV so it really doesnt matter what the card is. Besides this is MMA so bad fights on paper sometimes turn out really good
tomsmith17381
4/24/08 4:04:51PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

a bunch of us friends all watch it every PPV so it really doesnt matter what the card is. Besides this is MMA so bad fights on paper sometimes turn out really good

thats a very good point dude what looks like 2 no name fighters matched up can often turn out to be a back and forth all out war which is very entertaining. ill be going as i got tickets for the nosebleed section thats all i can afford the other prices are nearly a weeks wage.
JimiMak
4/24/08 5:06:04PM
It's not even live. IMO they need to put it on spike.