UFC won't schedule more WMMA fights until after Rousey's debut at UFC 157

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC won't schedule more WMMA fights until after Rousey's debut at UFC 157
FastKnockout
1/24/13 8:40:09PM
Coming up on February 23, Ronda Rousey will make her UFC debut in the first ever WMMA fight in the promotion's history. On Wednesday, Dana confirmed that fans will have to wait a while before seeing any more ladies in the Octagon.

Link
BeeR
1/24/13 8:48:52PM
so they're just going to hand pick someone to fight Rousey when she molests Carmouche

you cant have a womans division without a division.....

you cant just schedule championship fights without standouts, contenders, #1 contenders..........a division of fighters...

sparky
1/24/13 9:07:51PM

Posted by BeeR

so they're just going to hand pick someone to fight Rousey when she molests Carmouche

you cant just schedule championship fights without standouts, contenders, #1 contenders..........a division of fighters...

I agree 100%

I'm confused by this decision . Does this mean if Ronda doesn't win the UFC is going to get rid of the division completely?
Manak
1/24/13 9:29:09PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by BeeR

I agree 100%

I'm confused by this decision . Does this mean if Ronda doesn't win the UFC is going to get rid of the division completely?

that is what i am thinking, if she loses they will just say screw wmma. but what is the point if they are not gonna build the division. should have let wmma go to someone else outside the ufc
prophecy033
1/24/13 9:54:30PM
If this shits gonna work they need to start putting Women's fights into these undercards. The interest won't come until they start being regulars on these cards on Fox, FX and FUEL
tcunningham
1/24/13 10:53:20PM
it is weird that they arent adding a WMMA division yet but i do understand their decision. bringing WMMA into the ufc is a huge risk, WMMA is at least 5 years behind male MMA and i think i'm being conservative with those 5 years. i do hope it works out though.
postman
1/24/13 11:14:11PM
So your saying if I dont watch you wont clog my tv with wmma? If thats the case I wont even stream it.
prozacnation1978
1/25/13 12:55:06AM
What a waste of a fucking main event on a ppv
Sad thing is ill be at this live. I would rather see flyweight championship than this
frizzzlecake
1/25/13 2:15:33AM

Posted by BeeR

You cannot molest the willing.
Travesty145
1/25/13 8:59:57AM
dana white didnt want womens mma he just wanted ronda rousey. i think its prolly the worst big business move hes made in a long time. once ronda loses the division will slowly fade away
Travesty145
1/25/13 9:14:10AM
and shes not even cute. i fucked better lookin dudes in prison
Theoutlaw08
1/25/13 11:38:39AM

Posted by Manak

Posted by sparky

Posted by BeeR

I agree 100%

that is what i am thinking, if she loses they will just say screw wmma. but what is the point if they are not gonna build the division. should have let wmma go to someone else outside the ufc

I agree. If they wanted this, they should have completely went with it. Sign all the women, get two divisions going and make something of it. Clearly its still going to be smaller then the mens divisions, but they need to either go at it or scrap it. You guys are right, what if Rousy loses (doubt it), but would the womans division be done?
postman
1/25/13 11:48:06AM

Posted by Travesty145

No you didn't
DancingDoll
1/25/13 11:48:46AM

Posted by prophecy033

If this shits gonna work they need to start putting Women's fights into these undercards. The interest won't come until they start being regulars on these cards on Fox, FX and FUEL

This.

Keep the division and grow it slowly on the undercards and/or free cards until it builds enough momentum to get main card status.

I kind of felt they should have done this with the Rousey v. Carmouche fight to be honest, but I can see a rationale for giving it top billing just as an intro to WMMA in the UFC and then scaling back depending on the response it gets.
infestructure
1/25/13 2:43:26PM

Posted by Travesty145

and shes not even cute. i blew better lookin dudes in prison

Fixed it for ya
jae_1833
1/25/13 8:15:40PM

Posted by Travesty145

WTF! Moment of year nomination for 2013.
jae_1833
1/25/13 8:18:14PM
Not even really news...we all kind of figured this out. Here is my question, if Carmouche wins then what? Division is scrapped and she is screwed over by the UFC because her purse is certainly going to be much smaller than Rhonda's. What a shame for a fighter to upset a champion and never get a shot to defend that title, then to disappear into obscurity.
george112
1/25/13 8:37:29PM
Meh . Even if Rousey wins. What then? Not like there's a line of contenders waiting
Travesty145
1/26/13 9:13:32AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Travesty145

and shes not even cute. i blew better lookin dudes in prison

Fixed it for ya

yea. that too