I won a negative dollar

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » I won a negative dollar
orangetrashface
2/10/11 7:08:28PM
Looking at my game history, it appears I "won" -$1 on Cyborg vs. Finney. What's up with that?

I mean, I know Cyborg was a huge favorite at -950, but betting a buck on her shouldn't mean I lose the dollar when she wins!
DCRage
2/10/11 7:33:50PM
It likely means one of two things: You only bet said dollar or you did that AND didn't make any correct picks for the event. And odds of -950 basically means that to win a dollar, you've got to bet (going by how the site works) $10.
scoozna
2/10/11 10:32:20PM
Haha...i think it was the site's way of penalizing you for betting $1 on a fighter with -950 odds.
JJipp03
2/11/11 7:25:06PM
weird...-950, crazy
orangetrashface
2/13/11 2:07:00AM

Posted by DCRage

It likely means one of two things: You only bet said dollar or you did that AND didn't make any correct picks for the event. And odds of -950 basically means that to win a dollar, you've got to bet (going by how the site works) $10.

No, it doesn't mean any of those things
Shawn91111
2/13/11 2:25:18AM

Posted by orangetrashface

Posted by DCRage

It looks like it does
orangetrashface
2/13/11 3:41:32PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DCRage

It looks like it does

1. I didn't "only bet said dollar", I also bet $999 on Werdum to beat Fedor, which paid off.

2. I also made enough correct picks to get 28 points and $145

3. Winning even at odds as high as -950 should pay out a positive amount. Even if the game can't give me a 10 cent payout, I shouldn't lose a dollar.

If there's some bug that awards negative money at high odds, it should be fixed.
Shawn91111
2/13/11 7:02:47PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DCRage

It looks like it does

1. I didn't "only bet said dollar", I also bet $999 on Werdum to beat Fedor, which paid off.

2. I also made enough correct picks to get 28 points and $145

3. Winning even at odds as high as -950 should pay out a positive amount. Even if the game can't give me a 10 cent payout, I shouldn't lose a dollar.

If there's some bug that awards negative money at high odds, it should be fixed.

If you bet a $1 on a fighter thats at -650 it comes out to 0 on the playgrounds betting. Its always been like that
orangetrashface
2/13/11 8:02:10PM

Posted by Shawn9111
If you bet a $1 on a fighter thats at -650 it comes out to 0 on the playgrounds betting. Its always been like that

Except I didn't.

I bet $1 on a fighter who was at -950.

And I didn't win $0. I "won" $-1.

Why is that so hard for you to understand
Shawn91111
2/14/11 8:06:01PM

Posted by Shawn9111

Except I didn't.

I bet $1 on a fighter who was at -950.

And I didn't win $0. I "won" $-1.

Why is that so hard for you to understand

Show me where i said I didnt understand that? Please copy and past that
ncordless
2/14/11 8:22:53PM
LOL. At most you could have won nothing. Maybe the site decided to punish you for risking something for nothing.
BigCountryFedor
2/14/11 11:12:48PM
That's what happens when you bet on -950 odds
orangetrashface
2/15/11 6:15:52PM

Posted by Shawn9111

okie dokie

It looks like it does
orangetrashface
2/15/11 6:18:11PM

Posted by ncordless

LOL. At most you could have won nothing. Maybe the site decided to punish you for risking something for nothing.

I know it sounds stupid to bet a dollar on -950 odds, but that dollar let me do a two-bout parlay that paid out way better than if I had just done a straight bet on one bout.
Shawn91111
2/15/11 8:07:53PM

Posted by Shawn9111

okie dokie

It looks like it does

yes and it meant exactly that. To win positive money you needed to bet more than the $1 you did
ncordless
2/15/11 8:27:53PM

Posted by ncordless

I know it sounds stupid to bet a dollar on -950 odds, but that dollar let me do a two-bout parlay that paid out way better than if I had just done a straight bet on one bout.

No. You could have put that dollar on Werdum like you did the other $999 (which was a good bet by the way), and then kept you parley as well.

You shouldn't have lost your dollar, but it is a glitch no one in their right mind would ever encounter because it makes no sense to risk something for no possibility of return. It wouldn't be worth paying a programmer to fix it.
Kpro
2/16/11 12:29:00AM
So what happens if you bet $1 on a -105. Are we in round-up mode or does any $1 bet on negative odds not pay out at all. I really don't care at all, I just want to know now that I've read this thread.
ncordless
2/16/11 12:46:49AM

Posted by Kpro

So what happens if you bet $1 on a -105. Are we in round-up mode or does any $1 bet on negative odds not pay out at all. I really don't care at all, I just want to know now that I've read this thread.

Not sure. This is all a new revelation. You should bet a dollar on BJ to see. I would do it but I got 20k on Fitch.
orangetrashface
2/19/11 3:18:33AM

Posted by ncordless

No. You could have put that dollar on Werdum like you did the other $999 (which was a good bet by the way), and then kept you parley as well.

I thought to have a parlay you had to bet at least something on each of your picks.

Posted by Shawn91111

yes and it meant exactly that. To win positive money you needed to bet more than the $1 you did

Shawn91111
2/19/11 3:49:46AM

I thought to have a parlay you had to bet at least something on each of your picks.

You have been here for almost 4 years and just now find out that you dont have to bet at least something on each of your picks of a parlay. Save the "" for that comment
ncordless
2/19/11 5:23:24AM

Posted by ncordless

No, you just have to put at least half your money on individual picks. You can put someone in your parlay without betting on them individually.
Some_Guy
2/19/11 4:05:52PM
As far as I've seen, you don't need to have ANY other bets in order to do a parlay. A parlay is just another bet; you can run just the parlay, just straight bets, or a combination of the two. Give it a shot.
orangetrashface
4/13/11 8:24:06PM

Posted by Shawn91111
You have been here for almost 4 years and just now find out that you dont have to bet at least something on each of your picks of a parlay. Save the "" for that comment

Great, and maybe in another four years you can figure out this thread.
Shawn91111
4/14/11 10:34:33AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Great, and maybe in another four years you can figure out this thread.

Took you 2 months to reply, good job
mmaisthehit
4/21/11 1:43:25PM
I don't get it honestly. You can't lose money when you pick a winner.