Why Women's MMA Needs Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey To Happen Now

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Why Women's MMA Needs Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey To Happen Now
sparky
11/23/11 10:12:40AM
Women's MMA can be a strange thing sometimes. It's a mix of some great talents, some inexperienced fighters, an internal conflict of selling sex vs. athleticism and a constant self-evaluation of where the sport is to date.

That's why I've been so fascinated as to what's happened this week following Ronda Rousey's much-discussed victory at Strikeforce Challengers and the subsequent fallout from her post-fight callout of current 135-pound champion Miesha Tate.

In case you missed it, Rousey (4-0) continued her dominant run with a 39-second armbar win over Julia Budd. In four fights, the 24-year-old Rousey has needed just over two minutes combined to garner four armbar submission wins. Following the win over Budd, she said she wanted Tate and would even fight top contender Sarah Kaufman first to prevent anything from messing that up.

Link
Bubbles
11/23/11 10:54:50AM
id like to see this fight
BlueSkiesBurn
11/23/11 9:07:44PM
This fight doesn't need to happen right now. Even during my interview with Ronda, she said that she completely understands that people like Sarah Kaufman are ahead of her.

When I interviewed Miesha, she said she wanted to avenge her loss to Kaufman. I think that Sarah has earned it before Ronda, but Ronda will likely be next since Coenen has been released from her contract by Strikeforce.
Budgellism
11/23/11 9:37:23PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Rousey fight Coenen next.
Geoffo
11/23/11 9:37:32PM
Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey in....

Nvm it's not appropriate on this site.

But mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gimme some props if you know what i am talking about*
FlashyG
11/23/11 10:38:04PM

Posted by Budgellism

Coenen isn't with Strikeforce/Zuffa anymore, she was cut with the rest of Golden Glory.

She'll have to change camps to get back into the fold.
BlueSkiesBurn
11/23/11 10:40:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This fight doesn't need to happen right now. Even during my interview with Ronda, she said that she completely understands that people like Sarah Kaufman are ahead of her.

When I interviewed Miesha, she said she wanted to avenge her loss to Kaufman. I think that Sarah has earned it before Ronda, but Ronda will likely be next since Coenen has been released from her contract by Strikeforce.