Women's MMA: Good or Bad

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Women's MMA: Good or Bad
SlimboKice
10/19/08 1:47:37AM
I do not at all enjoy watching women fight in the octagon. I think that it is weird and gross. Should UFC start having ladies fights? Or should no one have any?
Biggz
10/19/08 2:47:51AM
i just don't find it pleasing at all. kind of like the WNBA instead of the NBA. the talent level is just not the same, and a women would never be able to reach the same level of talent as a male (sorry just the way it is) i respect what they do to the fullest i just don't enjoy watching.
haggiswashere
10/19/08 3:13:28AM
bad. especially when you see everyone with gina in her underwear at the weigh ins or whatever it just pisses me off and thats way worse than kimbo is for the sport
voodoo-jitsu
10/19/08 3:22:49AM
i like watching women fight ... they give it their all... they may not be at the level of some of the guys but that doesnt make them any less entertaining
besides im waiting for them to start the nipple tweeking
slapshot
10/19/08 4:17:11AM
Dead issue Dana already said never going to happen.
mach
10/19/08 6:12:54AM
Watching women beat on eachother isn't my favorite thing in the world but I think they have every right to compete in MMA. Do I think it'll be a part of the UFC anytime soon? No, Dana has come out against it and the talent pool is far too shallow, but I have nothing against it.

If they want to fight, let them fight.
dannyfrank
10/19/08 9:09:40AM
i dont mind watching them fight. its not like they're just slapping each other and pulling hair. the give real fights, which are good a lot of the times. women fight just as aggressively as men
ToeZup
10/19/08 9:21:25AM
I like women's mma. They always give it 110%. They always put on a great show and they never quit. There is always action. I think they do an outstanding job.
DCRage
10/19/08 10:32:38AM
Good, although it likely will never happen in UFC. The women usually fight just as good as the men if not better sometimes, and it can be a good way to help draw more female fans into the sport.
JimiMak
10/19/08 12:12:40PM
Absolutely good. They give it everything they have. As the talent pool grows and girls start transitioning more from dojos to the ring the skill level will rise. They're always entertaining. I've never seen a woman in mma pull a starnes.
AchillesHeel
10/19/08 1:10:26PM

Posted by Biggz

and a women would never be able to reach the same level of talent as a male

I know plenty of men who could never be as good at jiu-jitsu as Kyra Gracie, or as good at Muay Thai as Gina Carano. Sorry, just the way it is.
HENDO915
10/19/08 1:51:40PM
I hate watching woman's fighting it is disgusting, I'm glad Dana White will never have girls fight in the UFC
jiujitsufreak74
10/19/08 2:08:22PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by Biggz

and a women would never be able to reach the same level of talent as a male

I know plenty of men who could never be as good at jiu-jitsu as Kyra Gracie, or as good at Muay Thai as Gina Carano. Sorry, just the way it is.

well you pretty much just raped his argument right there.

it surprises me how ignorant some people are (not everyone who says they don't like Woman's MMA, i myself don't like it very much either, i'm just referring to those who are coming off as extremely sexist).