Wolfslair Academy adds Ghosn, Rodriguez as training partners

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wolfslair Academy adds Ghosn, Rodriguez as training partners
MMAcca
9/14/08 11:08:49AM
The recent influx of top-level talent to the U.K.-based Wolfslair Academy that began with former light-heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has left many observers scratching their heads.

Until recently, Wolfslair had little notoriety outside of the U.K. But as Wolfslair Muay-Thai coach Dave Jackson recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), the talent pool at the camp continues to grow.

"Rampage is coming out tomorrow," Dave Jackson said. "I spoke to Cheick (Kongo) yesterday, and he is coming to train on Sept. 26. We also have guys like Ricco Rodriquez and Tiki Ghosn coming to help out the guys as well. We have a really strong training team assembled at the moment."

While the partnership of U.S.-based fighters to an English camp may seem odd, it is Dave Jackson's experience that has been cited as a crucial factor for Quinton Jackson and Kongo to lead the migration of talent across the Atlantic. A coach since 1986, Dave Jackson impressed Quinton Jackson when installed as part of a training team for "Rampage" in Big Bear, Calif.

LINK
Porch28
9/14/08 11:10:10AM
The only camp that Ricco should belong to is Weight Watchers.
MMAcca
9/14/08 11:18:35AM

Posted by Porch28

Khaos
9/14/08 12:20:49PM

Posted by Porch28

why the Ricco hate man, he's my favorite HW fighter.
Porch28
9/14/08 2:59:02PM
It's not hate its the truth. I saw him live at Yamma pit fighting and I was in shock how bad he looked considering he was a former champ.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/15/08 4:11:59PM
im sure ricco & ghosn will make great additions tot eh camp......im keepin an eye on the improvement or lack there of of these fighters....i expect some good things